Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Curry da Bison Steak >.> (Ranger food)

Boo, thx Sendoh for this info :-

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    RNG

Meat Mithkabobs no longer affect ranged attack damage. they will now be switching to alternatives which appear to be Yellow CURRY and Bison Steak.
    But the real question is "WHAT DO YOU NOW USE?"

Post your views on any food which you have used for Ranger since the Decmember patch.

Ive personally tried the Yellow curry and found its pretty good for normal hits, but lacks on the WS dept.... (Weird I know) Dunno if anyone has found this also.

Also a quick thx to Square for fucking us rangers over invent space with unstackable food... not like we carry different bullets, arrows or bolts now is it?

Lujan out

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Taken from a post on allakhazam:

Name Attack Cap Rattack
    Mithkabobs +22% +60 N
    Chiefkabobs +22% +65 N
    Navarin +27% +30 ?
    Yel.Curry +20% +75 Y
    Bison +18% +90 Y <-- Note the high cap number
    BoiledCocka +22% +60 Yes and no? Requires verification
    RiceDumpl. +15% +45 Y
    Mutton +27% +30 ?
    HQ Mutton +27% +35 ?
    CoeurlSautee+20% +65 ?
    DhalmelSteak+25% +45 ?
    Dhal.Stk.HQ +25% +50 ?
    TonosamaR.B.+100(no%) Def+60 ?

The cap should be fairly obvious; for example, if your attack is 300 and you're eating Navarin, then you should have 381 Attack, but that is capped to +30 --- therefore, you only have 330 Attack. That's what they mean it's more beneficial to eat certain foods at certain levels.

Note that the HQ versions of food simply raise the cap by +5.

Progression of food recommended in said thread: (though not for RNGs, obviously)
    Attack food to eat
    1-51 Grilled Hare
    51-111 Navarin
    112-180 Dhalmel Steak or Rice Dumpling
    181-272 Miths or Boiled Cockatrice
    273-307 Coeurl Sautee
    307-375 Yellow Curry
    376- Bison Steak

Black Belt
    BG Level

apparently Blackened Frog and Royal Omelete also affect ranged attack.

don't know which is better.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

This has been a huge issue lately one I'm quite frankly getting very angry about:

I'm a cook 99.6 and slowing reaching the magic number.
    All I hear is complaining about the food change to ranged and how melee can't all pop the same food anymore. GREAT! about damned time.

Look at the mage jobs, To be most effective you have to use different pies for each job, some need HMP some need MP+ and others need INT

All this patch did was make it so you have to actually THINK about what you eat. (wow melee thinking I know really hard concept) If you research and learn about foods you'd notice that most food have actually gotten BETTER. But you have to eat the right item for the right lvl/atk or your not gaining any more atk.

This is SE attempt to diversify the market, it's been dominated by the damned kabob for too long. Yeah it's a good item. Yeah it's simple. But Thats too easy. And it puts cooks like me into a position to make little little gil because EVERYONE cooked them. if ANYONE undercut even a little it screwed the market.

Now cooks can choose what they want to make based on their servers, Higher amounts of endgame server players would lead to more curry and steak on the AH, while midgame players may still hoard kabobs to their hearts content.

I know this is a rant... I'm just venting anger at my LS. All they do is complain that this patch fucked melee and blah blah blah. /sigh

Okay BG cya laters got more bee's to kill , now where did they hide that damned royal jelly.....

Relic Shield
    BG Level

(wow melee thinking I know really hard concept)
    Wow, thanks.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

What I`m most pissed off about is that all the new food alternatives for rangers are NON STACKABLE! As RNG/NIN I already have shihei, arrows, bolts and bullets clogging up my inv. And of course this food is twice as expensive as kabobs, like rng isn`t enough of a money drain. And now I hear Minuet no longer affects ranged attacks either.

Well, I guess it was about time rangers got a nerf, but the food thing is just annoying >.<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyne
    This has been a huge issue lately one I'm quite frankly getting very angry about:

I'm a cook 99.6 and slowing reaching the magic number.
    All I hear is complaining about the food change to ranged and how melee can't all pop the same food anymore. GREAT! about damned time.
    But whose fault is it that Meat Mithkabobs/chiefkabobs were so popular? Who designed kabobs so that the only food with a higher attack % increase is a level 100 skill food? Who made so damn many foods (and juices and potions) not stack? Who refuses to put food properties in the item descriptions?

Finding attack food is not hard, you pop a kabob and look at how much your STR and attack has increased. You cannot do the same thing with ranged attack or any kind of accuracy since we are not privy to that data.

Personally I have wanted people to try other foods for a while now, but nerfing foods and telling people to experiment when we cannot see any solid proof is not the way to go.

(wow melee thinking I know really hard concept)
    WhAt is this "thinking" your talking about? orz w

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir
    What I`m most pissed off about is that all the new food alternatives for rangers are NON STACKABLE!
    try skilling up cooking with non stackable items, it's a bitch

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ranger has been nurfed. (With Bards)

We pay stupid amounts of money for bullets, weapons and equip to be nerfed.

Square are fucking jackass's, ok I personally dont mind about changing food (costs 8k - lasts 3 hours, even tho we die alot) but to change BRD att songs so it doesnt effect us is just retarded. I cant even get past the 1000 damage barrier with a bard now.... makes me not wanna play my job no more.

Kind word to Square-Enix

Fuck you for changing something that has been the same for almost 4 years. Fuck you for making rangers an average job, if the jobs were equal the game would be boring.

Lujan out.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Minuet still add ranged atk, no worry 8)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Kind word to Square-Enix

Fuck you for changing something that has been the same for almost 4 years. Fuck you for making rangers an average job, if the jobs were equal the game would be boring.

Lujan out.
    not average but their way of 'balancing' thing out. yeah OK SE. It seems that they change something in the game and expect us to pretty much adjust to their liking.

This is why I switched to goldsmithing and stopped skilling up cooking (capped at 60 now, yay)

Quote Originally Posted by Sadler
    Ranger has been nurfed. (With Bards)

We pay stupid amounts of money for bullets, weapons and equip to be nerfed.

Square are fucking jackass's, ok I personally dont mind about changing food (costs 8k - lasts 3 hours, even tho we die alot) but to change BRD att songs so it doesnt effect us is just retarded. I cant even get past the 1000 damage barrier with a bard now.... makes me not wanna play my job no more.

Kind word to Square-Enix

Lujan out.
    Minuet effects us, Luj, but only like 10% of what it did before. I went and messed around in Qufim for a while giving myself Minuet II.

They nerfed our job. Our job costs insane amounts of money. Then they make us buy food, which has a limited supply because the only FUCKING WAY TO GET CURRY POWDER is from an NPC that has a limited stock. If that's not some bullshit right there, I don't know what is.

I've been pissed now for the last few days. I used to care about having a BRD in my PT. Now I'd just rather have another BLM or even a WHM.

BRDs just got gimped too.

Akiro

I am guessing SE is using there own theory to "If it aint broke dont fix it" to "If its fixed lets fuck it up"

FUCK YOU SE!!! >_> <_<

Seriously, SE better do something or they will have 1000s of angry RNGs and BRDs and other classes at them. Its CLEAR that even other classes are angry at the gimp also.

Black Belt
    BG Level

the Pamamas and the Applie Pies was an accident, that will be fixed.

so if RNG are nerfed then I guess it's time to rethink HNM strat?

Black Belt
    BG Level

RNGs aren't nerfed, Cooking is revamped, eat different foods.

New Merits
    BG Level

<3 kabobs i can still eat them ^^

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    the Pamamas and the Applie Pies was an accident, that will be fixed.
    Yep from 3 minutes to 5 minutes =D