Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A War's Role     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A War's Role

Hi, I am currently lvling war/thf and also lvling nin up to use for subjob as well. And I was wondering what role does a warrior most often have in HNM and Dynamis and how well wanted are they? Also which subjob is used more often?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, I'm also lvling war but am questioning its usefulness at the later lvls compared to rng, drk and the other melees. Lujan's quote on BGs roster list doesn't inspire me to continue lvling war either....

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

the picture of his dog should serve as all the motivation youd need.

Lol, it does help a little I guess

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Warriors can be good marathon or kiters... with steel cyclone you can do good damage/hate transfer... WAR have good + emimty .... What they lack in our eyes is light skillchain ability.

They do great damage and can use 2 axe - axe - sword - just about anything, so they can be fun to play as well... the only problem is getting groups at higher lvls... seems that everyone wants, monk - ranger - thief - dark knight - samurai for a damaging class..

Ah ok thanks Ondori for clearing that up but I do have one more question even though it is probably a noob one. Why are light skillchains so damn good?

Black Belt
    BG Level

more mobs are weak to Light than Dark, the strongest spells are Thunder and that MBs on Light not Dark.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

also, Heavy shot/Arching arrow will hardly ever miss... and if you are kiting/marathoning a mob it's nice to be able to shot for the 2nd ws. That prevents the mobs from moving and losing TP.

Also! if melees go last, and they are strong like mitzki or xavier is, they will most defently die with no blink. Ranger's dont sub THF.

-Ondori-

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

um. . . Mistral Axe = Light?

Yeah but Mistral Axe is in the same block for Fusion as Arching Arrow, Heavy Shot and Tachi: Kasha. Those three are far more effective at producing Light than Mistral Axe is.

Though you're right, they can do it. <_<

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

(imo)yea but Spinning Slash/Shark Bite is the most damaging so far. . . and Mistral Axe works with it.

Hmm ok, so drk is wanted more than war then at the later levels only because of light skillchain ability? Also do all the melee (including rng) need to have 300% tp to do good dmg on their WS?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Eh? WTF?

Warriors are designed to start light skill chains for certain jobs (DRK, THF) but they just dont do so well with a Samurai or a Rangers in the PT.

Light Skill-Chain WS's

Decimation : Is basically a light based Rampage which doesnt have a critical bonus with more TP.

Mistral Axe : Is a 2 hit light based Fusion attack that has a highest effect multiplier in the game (Shame it does 300-500 Average) when finishing Fusion or Light SC.

Neither I would recommend to be use with THF sub, Ninja sub only.

Dark Skill-Chain WS's

Steel Cyclone : This WS is hawt, besides the purpleness matching my armour this ws can match if not out damage anyother WS in the game (Subject to 300%TP and alot of frigging VIT). Best used against wyverns and knocks the socks of those Teenage mutent hero turtles.

Full Break : I wish I could comment on this WS but it would last aslong as the timed effect of its fullbreak.... oh shit it wore off already.

Reccommended you use the WS with THF sub for MAX damage.

Also the fact that Warriors do less damage than Samurai, Dark Knight makes me laugh..... What we lack in WS damage we make up for in overall damage.

I hate to say it but the Japanese actually understand how useful this Job is yet NA's and other non-Japanese take it as a third rate job which is useless. What is it with you guys and having to use an Advanced job?

Ask yourself this :-

ONE HIT WONDER OR CONSTANT DAMAGE!

Also to answer your questions.

HNM Role : We can tank and damage deal depending on the HNM. Steel Cyclone with THF sub would be used for the meaty more un-tankable HNM's but if you dont have Great Axe skill then your just another Spirits within whore (Dualweild brings best results).

Dynamis : Besides engaging there isnt much else you can do differently than other meele, Dont forget Death pulling.

Hope this has helped you on your quest to be a hardcore sexual killing machine.

Oh and Ondori, I want your babies.

Lujan OUT!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Also the fact that Warriors do less damage than Samurai, Dark Knight makes me laugh..... What we lack in WS damage we make up for in overall damage.
    So true. Partying with WARs at 75 using a Joyuse(or riddel in Lujans case, which is ever better) and a Juggernaut(sp) OWN in consistant damage, way more than DRK. Then only way I make up their damage is 1200+ spinning slash compared to 500-600 WS from them.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

since you mention Joyuese and Ridill, do the double attack bonuses stack with a WAR double attack, for instance a WAR with Joyuese can maybe attack 4 times in a row?

I can't really answer that question, but I can answer that as PLD with WAR sub, the double attack never stacked with my Joyeuse, I never attacked more than twice, but, double attack did kick in more often, as in the Joyeuse did it or the war sub did it, but never together.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

With Ridill I can hit up to 6times in a row. so yea Double attack does kick in while using either Joyuse/Ridill.

Its sick when you dual weild Joyuse and Ridil with a WHM haste and a brd giving you double haste songs.....I remember hitting 13times without any pause (Judah shit his pants).

Remember double attack is AGI based if anyone wonders why I use AF2(Agi+5) boots instead of AF1(Double attack up).

Lujan