Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prom Mea,Dem Holla     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Prom Mea,Dem Holla

Has BG beaten any of these yet? I did mea, got to final and won with like 2hp left. Tried Dem, lost when boss was at around 30%. Any tips or strats would be helpfull.. thx

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The Promyvions aren`t really hard at all with the right pt setup. Dual RNG for DD will drastically increase your chance of clearing the BC. I`ve won all the BC`s rather easily with the same pt setup:

WAR/NIN
    RNG/NIN
    RNG/NIN
    WHM/BLM
    BLM/RDM or WHM
    RDM/WHM or BLM

Just have both rangers position themselves in opposite corners of the BC and shoot normally until the mob is at 50% hp. This is usually when the boss will start to use any special attacks(look it up on allkhazam), thus time to use anima. 2x EES, Barrage and WS + BLM nuking should drop the boss easily.

EDIT: I`m not in BG, but I think most of their members have cleared the promyvions.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

avvesione get prom missions done :D im waiting for you

most of them have... I don't really remember strats for individual ones because I did it during the first week of promathia, but yeah rng/nin pwns in all the bcnms, the more the better. When I did these I went as rng/nin and in about 15 seconds I put like 600 points of hurt on one of the final bosses at level 30... not bad, I was quickly pwned after that. Basically, when the mobs have low HP, they start doing shit that sucks so take it steady during the fight and when its HP get pretty low like 10% or so, just start unloading. I did sharpshot, weapon skill, barrage, eagle eye, and if I lived long enough, another weapon skill at the very end.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i remember that.... rng pwns for promyvion. smn is pretty good too... and yea...

My LS did each pt as follows: 2 war/nin blm/whm whm/smn smn/whm rng/nin Ramuh's Astral Flow destroys the mega boss so much that the rng didn't get to EES a few times lol.

You can actually work it with 2 WAR/NIN WHM BLM RNG/NIN and BRD for Dem, at least.

I was skeptical at first, but somehow in the BC only one tank died and we won.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

These are so pathetically easy now since the update it's sad. We just have a personal preferrence in the LS to use PLD/WAR for Promyvions and we've only had two losses before this last update. Taking one party through it is really, really easy and safe now; there are fewer monsters, they are further spread out, all the strays can now be one-shoted by a ranged attack, the Memory Recepticles have less HP, and the chances of getting a 'fake' stream seems lower as well.

Dem is the one that spawns offsprings around 50% health.

Holla has AoE Curse and Sleep, so bring Holy Water and Poison Pots.

Mea has Mr. FaustWannaBe, but he's so damn easy now I don't even think the Paladin got hit last time we did this.

Rangers and Summoners are nice (aren't they always?^^, but if you don't have any don't sweat it. These could have been easily done with EXP party setups before the update, and even moreso now. Tank, healer, support, and whatever else you want in the last slots. 1 Ranger at least would be very nice for the MRs, but it isn't a necessity.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I had hoped they wouldn`t make the promyvions easier than they already were, but oh well....

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Won all 3 promy's our first try.

WAR/NIN
    WAR/NIN
    RNG/NIN
    RNG/NIN
    WHM/BLM
    RDM/SMN one time SMN/WHM another time

Plenty of melee power, plenty of healing, plenty of time, just sit back and enjoy. extremely easy.