Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Steam Cleaner moved?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

We have had no luck for 2 weeks in a row either. Caitsith server here. If they changed something, fine. But I am pretty sure it's bugged on some servers anyway, since I have seen reports from people actually able to spawn it with the new conditions...

This is driving me nuts -_-

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

we had this issue on Sylph as well, tried for like 4 days, each time monitoring who is where, at one time even had a PT in each of the four pops, nothing. . . .

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Someone should tell that guy talking to the GM he's fighting Aura Statues and I don't think they pop SC....

XDDDD

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I called him while EXP'ing genuis.

-Xtek

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xtek

-Xtek
    you XP with an earth staff?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yes sir. Sword was capped so I was working on getting Spirit Taker, which I now have and, Lv224 Staff. =)

-Xtek

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Alot of PLD's do EXP off statues using earth staff..... whats the deal with you guys?

Also anybody who actually plays the game knows that it can take severial hours before a GM gets back to you, so you wouldnt waste your time staying in 1 spot and go do something else(in this case exp or more pop items).

Lujan

We haven't been able to pop him either.. he's been basically MIA for every LS on the server going on weeks now. /sigh. Guess we won't be doing anymore Seiryus for a while. GMs are of course, absolutely zero help.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

yep, tried new stuff ourselves on Titan, if anyone knows the deal w/ this please dont hide it. Share.

Iaxz
    AoV from titan[/url]

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

anyone tried killing the dustbusters to see if the made SC a placeholder mob? we tried it for like 20 minutes and didn't get anything was wondering if anyone else may have tried it for a bit longer.

this thing is starting to piss me off though. we got rangers who need Kotes and paladins who need koeing helmets >.>

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xtek

-Xtek

If you didn't see the XDDDDDD ; at the bottom of my post it means I was just kidding, genius.

Humor. {You can have this.}

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I do not now how to pop this guy (seeing as Im only a 61 DRK >_>), but I was reading on Allakazham, and found this out:
    http://xt3k.sourceforge.net/screenshots/gm.JPG

I know it didnt help to solve how to pop it, but now you know that the way it used to be has changed. That was all that I could find. v.v

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman
    I do not now how to pop this guy (seeing as Im only a 61 DRK >_>), but I was reading on Allakazham, and found this out:
    http://xt3k.sourceforge.net/screenshots/gm.JPG

I know it didnt help to solve how to pop it, but now you know that the way it used to be has changed. That was all that I could find. v.v
    The person who took that screenshot posted it on page 2 of this thread.... did you even read it? orz

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

so sorry. No I didnt read page 2. I only read the 1st page orz.
    My bad! v.v

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

GM's are so very helpful...aren't they? My GM call yeilding the same results when I asked about SC.This is haulting sooo much. People need abjurations, our bank needs 1mil+ drops, we need Seiryu Seal for kirin, and I want my kote damnit. (>.<)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

We have popped Steam Cleaner twice in the past couple weeks using the same techniques as before, agro a detector and pull it to zone, if its not Steam Cleaner zone out, then zone back in, repeat until Steam Cleaner pops. When we spend more than 30 minutes at an entrance and there is no pop we move to another entrance. 2 days ago it popped on the first agro'd Detector. This is on Asura server.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Well, we usually sleep the detector and kill the caretaker...or just have someone tank the detector until he re-summons. We have never (atleast when I'm there) zoned if the detector popped a caretaker. We'll give that a shot I guess. =\

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So you saying killing a Caretaker minimizes a chance of poping SC? It has to despawn on it's own?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

We have 1 person zone in the area, agro the Detector and pull it to zone, the rest of the group waits outside. If the Detector spawns a Caretaker the 1 person zones out then goes back in a minute or two later after it will have despawned, if it spawns Steam Cleaner the rest of the group zones in and claims/kills it.

I can't say at all if this effects the popping of Steam Cleaner in any way, we have just been using this method for a while now as its safer (don't have to worry about lag or afk people missing a Stun and getting your group blown up), and it has continued to allow us to pop Steam Cleaner as we have been for a while now.

There are 8-10 different NA linkshells on Asura camping and farming sky every day now so we tend to only go after pop items we need to complete seals for Kirin sets so its only once a week we try and pop Steam Cleaner usually, not a large set of data to try and draw any conclusions from, but this method still works fine for us on Asura.

I have no idea if the killing of Caretakers actually lessens the chance of making Steam Cleaner spawn, but maybe some linkshells that hadn't used this method before might want to give it a try. It could simply be complete luck that we have continued to get it to spawn or it could actually have been changed to something dealing with the Caretakers, I really couldn't say for certain.

Which entrances are you guys using? The one on Byakko's Island?