+ Reply to Thread

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

From what I could make out it`s not from BCNM30, that would just be crazy. It`s from the uncapped BC requiring 30 Kindreds seals.

yes, it is the uncapped new bcnm. I am not talking about bcnm 30. But still, I am very surprised peacock charm is a bcnm drop now. I guess later if someone told me shining cloth is a bcnm drop I wouldn't be surprsied any more XD

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

with all the modifications they are making to NMs and drop rates and all this other shit it doesn't suprise me at all that there is a new way to get the peacock charm. It's just another way SE is trying to piss off gilsellers by making some items more common.

All I can say is...

I want.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ok I promise I'll leave your board alone after this and go back to lurking. Tried this kindred seal BC 30 last night with my static (Prehistoric Pegions Wauhhroom Shring (pal mines) 6 members 30 min, Atropos Seal). We were not successful in 2 runs. Set up was brd pld rng rng blm smn, and next run was brd, pld, rng, rng, blm, blm. It is versus 4 birds that seem to be bard job type (they all sing songs). We were able to take 2 of em down but the problem comes in that we cant keep them asleep. We brought in the second blm just for extra sleep power and still couldnt keep em to sleep after the first intial sleep.

We have another strategy that we might try, as this was really just two trial runs to feel it out before a full blown assualt on them later this week. The next strategy to try is having the smn carby pull maybe they wont link. If that doesnt work we will sub out someone for another pld and try 2 tanks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Carby pull doesn't work in any BC's as far as I know...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Did 6 runs of Prehistoric Pigeons last night and lost all of them. We were able to take down 2 of the 4 birds without much trouble. I don't want to give away too much info, but here are a couple starting tips: Kill order doesn't matter; they all appear to be BRD mains. They become immune to both bard and blm sleep after a few sleeps. Good luck~

maybe get some nin/war or war/nin tanks :O

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The birds get a TON stronger over the course of the fight if you don't have the right strat. (Don't ask me what the right strat is, we wiped every time =P) Something makes them hit harder and faster. Too hard for a PLD in full koenig to tank, and probably too fast for even a ninja in all the +eva and +haste gear to tank. It seemed that they got stronger over time, although there could be other conditions for making them stronger that we were unable to figure out.

Maybe a Ranja PT? 4RNG, BRD, BLM? Ranja's can kill stuff fast, while brd and blm try there best to sleep, ranja's sub ninja so they can just bounce?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

NIN NIN RNG RNG RNG BLM maybe. /shrug

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You miss the true bird killer PT.
    DRG/RDM
    DRG/RDM
    DRG/RDM
    DRG/RDM
    RDM/SMN
    BRD/SMN

Good luck finding 4 lv75 DRGs. But spamming penta with Aerial Armor/Stoneskin/Phalanx and wyvern breaths healing everyone. You never know. :3

I have to level up DRG now.

All you need is 1 taru drg named Andarvi with a wyvern named GOGODAVI = win 7 peacock charms and a shining cloth to wipe your butt with

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Okay I honestly would like to see this strategy, because I think it would work if everyone was in perfect synchronization and assuming the birds would not resist elemental magic like suzaku.

6 Black Mages all enter the Bird BCNM with the same sub (due to wanting to be in-sync on casts)

5 black mages cast thundaga3 while the other staggers an elemental seal sleepga2 to hit about 1 second after the 5 thundaga3s

All 4 would theoretically take 6k-ish damage and be sleeping without any time to sing buff songs.

Have 4 mages bind all 4 sleeping birds to keep them together.

Every black mage manafonts while the birds are sleeping.

Repeat the same thing with blizzaga3 and a different black mage elemental seal sleepga2ing.

All 4 would now have 11k-ish total damage and likely be reslept.

Do the same thing for a 3rd time with firaga3 if they are still alive.

Theoretically every bird should have taken around 16k damage.

Since there are 4 birds and 6 black mages, a couple more manafont –aga spells would likely be able to make it through while 4 black mages die with aggro (assuming they don't sleep a 3rd time), which I guess you could say might make up for resists.

If the birds don't resist, I don't see how they could not be dead after all this. When I did this one, sleepga lasted at least 2-3 times before they quit sleeping.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

a pt from my ls beat it 6x, they didn't get peacock charm but did get dama ingot, cloth, and adaman ingot and some rare/ex items.

way to beat this bcnm is get each bird to a sliver of life and then sleep it, not actually killing them because if you kill one they get a ton stronger. then have BLM thundaga3 the remaining HP, pretty easy win.

Rawls

Quote Originally Posted by Ryany
    Okay I honestly would like to see this strategy, because I think it would work if everyone was in perfect synchronization and assuming the birds would not resist elemental magic like suzaku.

6 Black Mages all enter the Bird BCNM with the same sub (due to wanting to be in-sync on casts)

5 black mages cast thundaga3 while the other staggers an elemental seal sleepga2 to hit about 1 second after the 5 thundaga3s

All 4 would theoretically take 6k-ish damage and be sleeping without any time to sing buff songs.

Have 4 mages bind all 4 sleeping birds to keep them together.

Every black mage manafonts while the birds are sleeping.

Repeat the same thing with blizzaga3 and a different black mage elemental seal sleepga2ing.

All 4 would now have 11k-ish total damage and likely be reslept.

Do the same thing for a 3rd time with firaga3 if they are still alive.

Theoretically every bird should have taken around 16k damage.

Since there are 4 birds and 6 black mages, a couple more manafont –aga spells would likely be able to make it through while 4 black mages die with aggro (assuming they don't sleep a 3rd time), which I guess you could say might make up for resists.

If the birds don't resist, I don't see how they could not be dead after all this. When I did this one, sleepga lasted at least 2-3 times before they quit sleeping.
    Only need 5 BLMs and no need for Manafont. I've done it with 5 BLMs with me as the "omfg!1!!1!shit" raiser. Usually the birds will go down in 2 volleys of -ga 3 (preferably strongest then 2nd strongest -ga 3 for each volley). Also, just bother sleeping them... bind won't be needed unless something bad happens... which shouldn't because with 5 Taru BLMs about 60% of their HP is chopped off in the first volley so resists will play a minimal role.

Also, make sure all BLMs stand their ground after the first volley if sleep isn't timed perfectly to keep all the birds close together. Of the 3 runs we did the only one we lost was due to them becoming too spread apart.

No charms either time and only decent drops were...

Titanis Earringx2 (All jobs)
    Lv 61
    1 Vit
    1 Agi
    With minne +4 enmity

Tracker Kecks (WAR/DRK/BST)
    Lv 72
    6 RAttack/Attack
    4 RAcc

Sorry about the lack of pictures.

Oh and a kinda funny drop...
    Pineal Hat