Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trailer's Kukri     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Trailer's Kukri

I recently had the good (mmm... perhaps) fortune to snag a Trailer's Kukri from the Auction House, making myself the second on the server to have acquired it in this manner.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...her/trail3.gif

But my question is this:

Barring the price tag, is the dagger itself worth owning? Is the additional three Ranged Accuracy of any worth when compared to losing the two Agility from a Hawker's Knife?

Personally, I am still a RNG57 and have a bit of a stretch until I can actually use either this dagger or the Fransisca, so I'm not sure how I this would work.

Just looking to see if any higher level Rangers could give insight to this.

for that price, a hawkers+1 is a load better

Hawker's+1 is somewhere near three million on my server. ._. Never any around, either.

On our server, Trailer's is floating from 350k all the way up to 700k, while Hawker's is 270-400. And could go up again if they sell out.

If you have the money to blow, look at all the other options that could give you AGI. If you wear let's say, those stupid Bastokian pants that give +2 AGI and switch in your AF for Sharpshot only, then you've got a cheap +1 RAcc right there. Basically, it all comes down to this: If you've got enough money for ammo and other equip set aside on your way to 75, go ahead and blow the cash now on the best stuff.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Rangers, just like all jobs, need different sets of equipment...

I have a Accu macro that equips all my + RAccu, that will take me over 100...

For ranger, Range Accu is god... Range Attk is 2ndary. the +Agi on hawers make it nice for weapon skills, but personally having more Range Accu and less CHR(which gives you hate), is well well well worth it.

1.5 million is a lil' much... seeing that its a not so rare drop from BCNM. On bahamut i think the last 2 sold at 480,000

but who drops this

Haha, cashed out on mine before the price dropped. <_< Got it to resell at 1.4 million, now the price is at 700000 and dropping quickly. >_>

I'm feeling kind of lucky right now. <_<

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by rooster

For ranger, Range Accu is god... Range Attk is 2ndary. the +Agi on hawers make it nice for weapon skills, but personally having more Range Accu and less CHR(which gives you hate), is well well well worth it.

1.5 million is a lil' much... seeing that its a not so rare drop from BCNM. On bahamut i think the last 2 sold at 480,000

I don't understand the chr part. My understanding of this has always been that it effects the potency of provoke but never does it add enmity over time.

CHR is such an ambiguous stat

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster

I don't understand the chr part. My understanding of this has always been that it effects the potency of provoke but never does it add enmity over time.
    The way I understand it is that CHR doesn't directly affect Provoke strength, but rather slows the decay of your Enmity over time. The more CHR you have, the longer it takes for your built-up Enmity to wear away.

Xavier

Which is why the errant gear has +chr, and the aegish head has -7 chr, because you want all your mages to get more hate and all the tanks to get less. I love the logic.

I bought the dagger, been using it for 2 lvls now. I personally love it, don't really see a difference in the dmg, but I do notice I hit more often now. AGI is not going to be a problem for me when I hit 75, toss on my kirin's osode, seriyu's kote, instant +25 agi.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

>Which is why the errant gear has +chr, and the aegish head has -7 chr, because you want all your mages to get more hate and all the tanks to get less.

Also add the fact that bst and brd have more chr then other jobs. Bsts need their pet to take tank and brds shouldnt be getting hit at all. Also, blm af1 gloves have +3 CHR and -enmity. SE may as well make an item that adds 20 HP and converts 20 HP to MP.

Xavier

I like your style fake Kuno. 8)