Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tarutaru RNG Woes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Tarutaru RNG Woes

Ok, I'm having quite a few problems here. My job and my race do not mix well in any area concerned with staying alive (at least until 74 for Ni). I've got complete garbage HP (current wearing full AF and NIN SJ is 864 @Lv70), the unability to deal even decent damage with Bow (Tarutaru worst STR, and that's one of the damage modifiers of Bow) to the point of where a Holy Bolt w/ Added Effect outdamages anything I do with a Bow, and very low VIT and DEF proven when Zipacna(sp I think) hit me three times and I died.

I'm even having problems beating Maat, which is pretty much why I'm writing this. The last time I fought Maat, he EES'd me for 654 damage. That's over 75% of my life. Each of his RAtks did around 100-120, and his melee attack did about 100. By the time I was able to make an action after my shot, I was hit with a melee attack and with a ranged attack. I was around 670 HP. I then Slug Shot him, which prompted his 2hr to knock me to around 20 HP. Before I could Shadowbind after my WS, he'd already melee'd me again and I was dead.

I have no HP. I'm worthless without NIN SJ. Tarutaru RNG suck at this fight. I've got the following things I'm trying next time:

1. Screw the Fransisca, Equipping Earth Staff. Thinking maybe that 20% damage reduction will at least save my ass long enough to toss my hipots.
    2. Bringing a Blink Band. As much as I hate not having my AF Hat (with Gun sometimes I think it's better than wearing Optical, but I've yet to get that [cluster is ready]), I'd wear that just to be able to get some fake shadows up. If it lasts as long as regular Blink, and has a low recharge time (don't remember atm, I'm at the library between exams), I'd be able to Blink myself and let it recover before I go in to pull him. I could Shadowbind to start, take one Ranged Attack shot (hopefully hitting a shadow), jam Slug Shot, and maybe, just maybe the gods that control SE will let a shadow take his Eagle Eye. Maybe.
    3. And stop using Gun, because Othinus' Bow can kick his ass anyway. The only thing I'm worried about with Gun is if Slug Shot -> Heals -> Icarus -> Slug Shot -> Eagle Eye doesn't kill him due to something randomly missing and screwing me over. Then I'd have to get a Barrage in--Gun's long firing time doesn't help much here.

Too bad I don't have any backup plans after that. I've got the usual melee setup too--Opo-Opo Necklace, 4 Sleep Pots (actually using 12 though to make sure my initial Slug Shot doesn't miss and make me want to throw controller at the wall), Icarus Wing, and a bunch of Hi-Potions. Oh, and if anyone wants to suggest Sleep Bolts, they don't always stick on Maat and are a risk. Sorry Koy.

Tarutaru have no HP. I can't stand this fight, and I don't want to lose and have to run my ass over to Davoi again to get another Testimony.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

eat defense food

I had to try maat 9 times

Eh, good plan. Didn't think about that. Just the regular crab or fishkabob, or is there anything better out there?

Old Merits
    BG Level

duno cause iam mage what meat and fish add, but Boiled Crab adds 22,22% Defense, that can be a lot.
    did u try an evasion set too? i know blind will suck but blind (batearring)+15 2x +blind potion, and emp pin and some more maybe can help too
    btw congrats lvl 69/70 ;D

Blinding myself would kill me.

Slug Shot miss == death.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

what gear are you using?

Dude, this is one of the easiest battles in history. Let me explain to you what i did and STILL won.

I went in naked (i've heard something about maat copying stats?) as a 70RNG Hume. I then slept to 150 TP using my opo opo necklace and then used a blink band (notice: You only need to have it equipped while you are using the blink ability, after you've got the effect on you, you can simply switch back to your war beret.) After i got 150 tp, i went to him and engaged, used Barrage + Sharpshot and "fired" a Slug Shot at him, wich i couldn't use cause i was too far away. I lost all TP. I was thinking that was it and used an Icarus wing to get TP back, then used Slug Shot wich hit, then i Shadowbinded him. As i binded, he used EES wich my shadows took away . Then i barraged him for 650 something, and i got 104 tp from it. I used Slug Shot immediatly, wich ofcourse missed. I followed that up with an Eagle Eye Shot and he was dead.

All in all, i took about 200 dmg in this fight.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wasn't joking when i told you abou the 3-5 shot kill.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

he used EES wich my shadows took away .

So Genosync, i think its fair to disregard this post...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Akiox
    he used EES wich my shadows took away .

So Genosync, i think its fair to disregard this post...

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball
    I then slept to 150 TP using my opo opo necklace and then used a blink band

i killed maat in 4 hits and didn't take any dmg at all and beat the record lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball
    Dude, this is one of the easiest battles in history. Let me explain to you what i did and STILL won.
    That sounds exactly what I had already gathered and explained in my first post, thanks for trying to make me feel like a complete idiot nonetheless...

Take Blink Band out, Pinball. Take that out and the reason why you'd pull it off is because you still have 200HP after being Eagle Eye'd.

Old Merits
    BG Level

he said he TOOK 200 damage not has left =)

Blink Band was what made it all happen.

Another Tarutaru thing--apparently two Slug Shots and an Eagle Eye Shot with Othinus' and Darksteel Bolts isn't enough to take him down. Barely got my Barrage in, but the bastard died.

trackers earing and earth staff = EES 90 dmg

hello, let me help you out...

lvl75rng/nin

for your maat question.... it took me nine times to beat maat before i realized something.....

food wont help
    equip wont help most

fight maat on lightsday..... YES lightsday... his EES SHOULD hit you for 120ish.... tried and tested...

also look at the video with the elvaan ranger... Cloudx
    and also Bella Hum Fem Rng both on lightsday ;o

,,|,, sqe

let me know how it goes

Re: hello, let me help you out...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    lvl75rng/nin

for your maat question.... it took me nine times to beat maat before i realized something.....

food wont help
    equip wont help most

fight maat on lightsday..... YES lightsday... his EES SHOULD hit you for 120ish.... tried and tested...

also look at the video with the elvaan ranger... Cloudx
    and also Bella Hum Fem Rng both on lightsday ;o

,,|,, sqe

let me know how it goes
    thats also me

http://home.comcast.net/~kuai/pol_2004- ... -53-89.JPG
    http://home.comcast.net/~kuai/pol_2004- ... -57-47.JPG
    maats eagle eye did less than his normal shots on me. and since mithra vit is 2nd lowest he probably just crit on his EE. But now that blink bands can take EE for you it should be no problem

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

kuai are you a goon?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Solefald
    kuai are you a goon?
    Huh?