Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Galka Blm     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Galka Blm

hey, i was just wondering if you would ever using a galka blm for HNM's. If he had all the best gear possible (with the obvious exeption of zenith stuff). I am a paladin and i want to take that to HNM level but i would also like to level blm up to do HNM's as well, but i dont wanna do it if would be no use.

Black Belt
    BG Level

well, we have Taru PLD and NIN. so if you have good gear and are good at your job, i don't see anything terribly wrong with a Galka BLM.

at the very least they'll probably survive more AOE type of attacks that most Tarus don't.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Having a non-optimal race/job combo is not a deal breaker for anything. One of the best BLMs that I have ever had the joy of partying with was an Elvaan. (<3 Zan!!!) His magic bursts were absolutely insane, and actually pulled hate off of Almaa on a few occasions. (I could not rip hate off of him with a magic burst, empty MP with cures, convert then cure to full. Getting hate was a feat.)

Mind you that Zan is also a multi-billionaire in the game with an insanely high crafting skill so he could afford the most pimp gear imaginable. (All HQ staves, +1 Errant, +1 rings, every damn thing was +1.)

Just remember: skill > equipment > race/job. A skilled player with a non-optimal race/job combo will always beat out someone who is just competent with the best race/job imaginable.

Oh, and if you are a Galka BLM, I love you already.

There's this Galka BLM on Bahamut named Aichan. He's really good.

He can overnuke at the end to finish off a fight quicker, and even if he pulls hate he's got the HP to deal with it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

One of the best WHMs I've ever partied with is a Galka. Race really isn't a big deal.

I had a party with a Galka RDM, Galka BLM and Galka WHM in Den of Rancor when I was leveling DRK that was amazing.

much hp and boosting mp is easy now, so not bad, i think.
    much HP will save you from WSes that can kill other blms.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

/kneel edwardtheblack

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok
    One of the best WHMs I've ever partied with is a Galka. Race really isn't a big deal.

I had a party with a Galka RDM, Galka BLM and Galka WHM in Den of Rancor when I was leveling DRK that was amazing.
    You lucky bastard.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    There's this Galka BLM on Bahamut named Aichan. He's really good.

He can overnuke at the end to finish off a fight quicker, and even if he pulls hate he's got the HP to deal with it.
    hahaha omg yes i know aichan. he has like 1k HP LOL. good and friendly guy too!

Layzee whm galka ... got more mp than a taru ... and ofkorse more hp

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Layzee was the WHM I was talking about in my post.

<3 Layzee.

Amazingly on Shiva I have had some phenomenal Galka mages. WHM, RDM, BLM, and even BRD. I simply shit a brick at their skill. It really to me seems that once they are high enough to wear the gear to give them the stats they need it is all a matter of competence.

I have had uber equipped jack offs that couldn't do their job. So in the end it is all a wash. Competence in where it is at.

we had 1 galka blm in my smn PT who pulled more hate than 4 mountain busters ...

Quote Originally Posted by Romero
    I simply shit a brick at their skill.
    The fact is, the harder your job is to do given your limitations (such as race) the better someone gets at it. The more of a challenge something is, the more someone has to strive to make it work. That's why you'll see some of the worst race/job combos play their job better than the best combos, because it takes more skill to make it work.