+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steam Cleaner     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Steam Cleaner

Has anyone else had problems popping him since the update? I know BG's moved on from sky, but has anyone else been able to pop him? We've been trying since the update everyday and he just won't pop. It's been rumoured that the method to pop him has changed, but I dunno -- something like something that would require work and thinking on SE's part and they're too lazy about such things most of the time.

we haven't tried since the update, but before we usually got it pretty fast. i dunno whether it changed or not, but it could just be really bad luck. we had that happen a few times (although someone could have had killed it recently).

others have mentioned this though so it might be some sort of change. SC has always been the most sketchy pop item mob tho.

sorry i was so helpless

Had trouble the past couple times but finally popped on the last trip.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Renze
    Had trouble the past couple times but finally popped on the last trip.
    When was your last trip? And did you do the normal Sleep Detector and let it summon method?

We normally can get it to spawn within 15-20 minutes, and if it doesn't then we move onto another NM. However, we tried for 8 hours last Sunday and he just didn't spawn even though we were the only people in sky at that time.

Pain in the ass.

First and second trip to sky after patch turned up no Steam cleaner, going through each area pulling the 2 detectors in the basement and letting each spawn twice before killing. Most of the time he pops in either the entrance before zip or after zip. Both tries we gave up and just moved on after doing each entrance.
    Last trip was 2 days ago and it still took about 40 mins to pop and popped in the last entrance that we went into, was on the second detector and was also the second summon. It has never been this hard before.

SC pop troubles

I'd like to give this thread some new life...

My LS has been having a lot of trouble popping this using the usual method. I have seen a screenshot of a GM chatting with a player, confirming that SE has changed the popping method. If anyone is generous enough to share the new method of popping SC, please let me know. You can send a private message if you want. I am on Phoenix.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Go ahead and CC me that Private Message too please

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

pop methed never changed... got the SC for more than 10 times after the update from all 4 spots (maybe not all 4 but more than 2 spots). (Ifrit server)

most of the time it pops within an hour.

maybe your server has too many people camping during that time... I heard it will never pop if someone else pop it within 2hours period...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

how do you explain this then?

Oh... GM's being useless and not even knowing the right information? Gotcha.

I remember the first time we got Leshonki to spawn and it despawned when it turned night and we tried asking a GM and he was like "I'm uncertain of any trouble with despawning on this particular NM, unfortunately if it despawned it will not spawn again until another 21-24 hours"

Useless

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn
    I remember the first time we got Leshonki to spawn and it despawned when it turned night and we tried asking a GM and he was like "I'm uncertain of any trouble with despawning on this particular NM, unfortunately if it despawned it will not spawn again until another 21-24 hours"
    If only Bert had read this a few days ago, le pwnt.