Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: more dynamis ls evolution     submit to reddit submit to twitter

more dynamis ls evolution

after 30+ total dynamis runs, 173 af2, 10 glacier and 2 xarcabard runs, clearing to beaucedine for 80+ people and xarcabard for 65+ people, and then ending up with hardly any more than 30 people at glacier/xar runs, i don't really know what to do.

we've had over 125 members total at different points in time, and right now there are only 51 active (some by the fringe) people.

we're just going to try to keep going, but repeatedly clearing new people through 4 nations and glacier to have them all quit the LS or FFXI is becoming really frustrating. so, if you're someone who isn't going to quit, can be serious about raiding, and wants to do free dynamis please send me a tell or reply to this thread. i'm putting together an active roster of people and will resume the tiers from there. anyone who has ever come at a reliable rate is welcome to keep coming, but if you haven't been to at least 3 runs but still want to join, tell me.

for now every run is gonna stay on sundays at 4pm east. the focus will be less on xarcabard for now and more on getting new people up to speed on clears and on what should/shouldnt be done. since most of this is gonna be done in 4 nations there will be a lot of af2.

overall we average 7.8 af2 per 4 nation run
    in the past 2 months though, we improved from about 5 to between 10 and 11. ill post the active roster below this thread and update it when i get tells or see replies. hope we can make it(._.)

wiffleball active roster (46)
    Aenarion, Amarok, Arnolectz, Avvesione, Azjol, Berticus, Bikwin, Blazer, Buruberi, Curtis, Deus, Ecurb, Eladrien, Enitsu, Ganbachi, Greepy, Hellboy, Hhuae, Hitome, Hyvisca, Imperatrix, Inzmail, Kuno, Kyline, Liltwin, Litoriceboi, Misora, Mukuu, Ondori, Peng, Pent, Quicklet, Ramtough, Ryany, Sendoh, Sephirothid, Septimus, Skineater, Twentytwo, Vudoodoodoo, Windd, Xavier, Yummy, Medic, Mitzki

new people (18 (will become active when you come to beau/xarc )
    Amarao, Asmodan, Braska, Cloude, Elixia, Nikkei, Scunsion, Solrath, Tengaar, Elitaone, Snakeplisken, Psychofreak, Deadhead, Myyahele, Nirokun, Dann, Freak, Yanyu

inactive, but still rostered (6)
    Blacksky, Crysti, Gir, Lujan, Voltfest, Zihn

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

beaucedine is already getting tiresome and many people (like me) stopped going because it's the same thing every week (no offense) Not to mention the cocky attitudes many people have towards each others.

anyway, I can still go I guess but the tier/roster needs some improving. (going to like 15+ dynamis and still bieng tier 2?!)

my 2 cents..flame me if you want i'll just ignore it and reply to the serious post. I, like most people want to fight/kill the dynamis lord.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

>anyway, I can still go I guess but the tier/roster needs some improving. (going to like 15+ dynamis and still bieng tier 2?!)

Mumumu, I feel like tossing my 2 cents into this one.

When I first became a part of Wiffleball things were already in place. The LS was already separated in terms of teirs and I was on the bottom of the barrel. However I kept coming and tried my best to keep coming in order to tier up. Slowly but surely I was slowly rising and now Im a tier1, huzzah. But now when I look at the attendance roster, I dont see that type of thing as things are more static. I have noticed that there are a few groups of people in this ls who are separated. The first group are those who started from the begining and are dedicated, and who are mostly tier1. The second group of people are also dedicated, but joined a bit later. Most of those people are in tier1 or 2. However from there is kinda slips off. After that the next group of people are those who just come for a little and then fade away. With 3 groups of people and three tier sets things look good, right? Well I believe things would work a little better if there was another tier level. The new tier would split tier 3 in half, making everyone with less then 10% or so attendance fall into tier4. While this doesn't seem too logical, I think it can be of some help. The LS has come to a point in which most of the tier1s have their 4 city af, and so after the tier1s and 2s get their stuff, there is bit of a sepratation between someone who is on their first dyanmis and someone who is closing in on tier2.
    As for your problem Zigma.. it says your at 50% of total (which is good) but your personal attendance is low. Youre at 50% of your personal attendance but the rules require 75-100% of your personal attendance to be in tier1. With 15 out of 29 or so, you dont qualify ^^; Sorry.

Sorry for the long/boring read. ^^;

Oh and we should go back to doing dynamis on wednesday again. This will help speed things up in terms a bunch. Maybe beau/xarc on sunday and a city on wednesday?

/goes back to lurking

Misora

time for a drunken 5am new years rant... maybe...
    (I take no responsibitly for what I say in the morning)

lets see...

1) for the love of god, please update the attendance, I should be teir 2 and maybe even almost teir 1 but I'm too lazy to calculate that myself... (zigma, you're need to yell at them to update too to see what you're really at)
    UPDATE: YAY! Thanks for the update but I'm not as close to teir 1 as I thought lol

2) people stop coming because glacier and xarcabard are crap, all we get is {death}, and no af, and you guys get less currency. everyone loves the 4 cities cause we gets tons of af, no death (assuming we're not with a certain group that got us wiped 3 times in sandy or the sam that was melee'ing the avatar in jeuno), and you guys get more than enough currency to pay for hourglass thingy... and please do sandy more, I really need af2 hat, its the only piece of brd af2 I consider useful ^^

3) kuno is {mine} but you evil people always seperate us and I always get these crappy pts with mixed mages and melee that all stand together so I have to ballad everyone and than give the melee some etudes... I never get the {fun} all mage pts

4) umm... what else... well the post above me is definitly {mine} kuno chan but she {lie} so much hehe :wink:

5) oh well, I was also wondering what you guys do with the currency that you dont sell, who's planning to upgrade weapon first? the old post said you guys sold half from each run... I might buy some if anyone knows the answer to this, what does the all songs+2 on the super upgraded instrument whose name I cant spell do to ballad? is it just longer duration or does it add 2 more mp per tick?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    >anyway, I can still go I guess but the tier/roster needs some improving. (going to like 15+ dynamis and still bieng tier 2?!)

Mumumu, I feel like tossing my 2 cents into this one.

When I first became a part of Wiffleball things were already in place. The LS was already separated in terms of teirs and I was on the bottom of the barrel. However I kept coming and tried my best to keep coming in order to tier up. Slowly but surely I was slowly rising and now Im a tier1, huzzah. But now when I look at the attendance roster, I dont see that type of thing as things are more static. I have noticed that there are a few groups of people in this ls who are separated. The first group are those who started from the begining and are dedicated, and who are mostly tier1. The second group of people are also dedicated, but joined a bit later. Most of those people are in tier1 or 2. However from there is kinda slips off. After that the next group of people are those who just come for a little and then fade away. With 3 groups of people and three tier sets things look good, right? Well I believe things would work a little better if there was another tier level. The new tier would split tier 3 in half, making everyone with less then 10% or so attendance fall into tier4. While this doesn't seem too logical, I think it can be of some help. The LS has come to a point in which most of the tier1s have their 4 city af, and so after the tier1s and 2s get their stuff, there is bit of a sepratation between someone who is on their first dyanmis and someone who is closing in on tier2.
    As for your problem Zigma.. it says your at 50% of total (which is good) but your personal attendance is low. Youre at 50% of your personal attendance but the rules require 75-100% of your personal attendance to be in tier1. With 15 out of 29 or so, you dont qualify ^^; Sorry.

Sorry for the long/boring read. ^^;

Oh and we should go back to doing dynamis on wednesday again. This will help speed things up in terms a bunch. Maybe beau/xarc on sunday and a city on wednesday?

/goes back to lurking
    it's 50 because I stopped going when I realized the roster was screwed up/needed work. For example. For me it stayed the same each and everytime I attended and completed a dynamis run (at one point it did not even go up 1%!) yet when I had something come up and i was unable to attend it shoots down 10%+ I see that as a problem.
    Rather then debate this, I just peacefully let it go and just ended things right there. If i'm at 50+ right now, i wonder what my percent was for me to still be that high back when I left and still be only tier 2. See what i mean? I don't really care for AFs but having them IS nice and that's what KEEPS people going to dynamis (just like joft said) The trash talking/disrespect towards others is something that also made many people quit, sadly.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Total 51.92
    Since Joining 51.92
    Job WHM
    Personal Total 26
    Name Zigma
    Attendances: 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0

According to this, you were Tier 1 the first time you came, dropped down to Tier 3 cause you missed the next two, then you went back up to Tier 2 and you would've been back in Tier 1 except you missed another 2, so you you stayed in Tier 2. Then you made it back up to Tier 1 in early October, but then you stopped coming so you fell back down. I don't see where the problem is. If you had kept coming you'd have been Tier 1.

Black Belt
    BG Level

5) oh well, I was also wondering what you guys do with the currency that you dont sell, who's planning to upgrade weapon first? the old post said you guys sold half from each run... I might buy some if anyone knows the answer to this, what does the all songs+2 on the super upgraded instrument whose name I cant spell do to ballad? is it just longer duration or does it add 2 more mp per tick?
    there's the option to sell half each run but i don't believe anyone has offered to purchase it.

nobody seems to know what it does because nobody has a 3rd upgrade, once you get the 3rd upgrade you can get the effects in Dynamis and than we can see what it really does.

2) people stop coming because glacier and xarcabard are crap, all we get is {death}, and no af, and you guys get less currency. everyone loves the 4 cities cause we gets tons of af, no death (assuming we're not with a certain group that got us wiped 3 times in sandy or the sam that was melee'ing the avatar in jeuno), and you guys get more than enough currency to pay for hourglass thingy... and please do sandy more, I really need af2 hat, its the only piece of brd af2 I consider useful ^^
    now you'll see why i responded to your 5th point first.

yes, dying sucks. nobody wants to die if we don't have to but the Attestations for the 3rd upgrade are in Glacier. there's that stupid saying "have one's cake and eat it too". if anyone ever wants a shot at a 3rd or 4th upgrade we have to go to Glacier and Xarcabard. we have to experiment and try out different things which means dying quite a few number of times before we figure it all out.

if you don't want to die and you want to get the upgraded Relic, that just isn't going to happen. to this point we have yet to pop an Attestation NM because not enough people care enough to make the necessary sacrifices to figure out how to do it.

i don't think any of the currency has been used because it's pointless to throw gil at the first and second upgrade unless the 3rd one can be made. only the 3rd and 4th upgraded versions have any practical purpose.

and while the Glacier and Xarcabard AF2 pieces aren't the greatest for BRD, some of them are really really good for the other jobs. if the BRD AF2 hat dropped in Xarcabard, you'd probably be pushing for us to keep going back there.

the leaders of the LS try to be fair (difficult as it is) and not be bias over one job or another. so just because BRDs think Glacier and Xarcabard isn't worth going to for AF doesn't mean every job thinks the same way.

from what i've heard of the PLD AF2 body in Xarcabard, it's amazing. not to mention incredibly pimp looking.

and really no, not everyone loves the cities, people who don't have the AF2 pieces they want from the cities love them. people who went to Dynamis-Windurst 4 times in a row before clearing for the first time and dying many times to figure out the strategy on how to clear it hates going back.

and yes, the LS can afford to pay for it. but sometimes there has to be a point to spending that gil. so we pay for Sandy 3 more times and you finally get your hat, are you still going to come to anything else after that?

and to be honest, people that are not in our LS getting AF2 pieces with our LS fund is not high on the priority list. for the 3M gil the LS might spend going back to Sandy, the LS can buy a Serket Ring or Vermillions Cloak for one of the members.

doing the cities over and over doesn't progress the Dynamis LS as a whole. getting Attestations from Glacier is progress. because Xarcabard AF2 is so rare, every AF2 we get dropped from there is progress, every NM we kill there that we haven't killed in a previous run is progress.

that's 1M gil that's worth spending, that's 1M gil that's invested. putting 1M gil back into the cities where the only purpose is to get people AF2 is a drain on the LS fund that seems pretty pointless, especially if that AF2 ends up going to random people who end up never showing up again when they get all the AF2 pieces they want.

3) kuno is {mine} but you evil people always seperate us and I always get these crappy pts with mixed mages and melee that all stand together so I have to ballad everyone and than give the melee some etudes... I never get the {fun} all mage pts
    don't put that on us. 10-20 minutes after gathering time there's always 20+ people with their flag up waiting for invites.

there are very little restrictions on how parties are formed outside the main alliance. so if you don't like the parties you end up in than start putting together your own. if you have trouble with mixed melee and mage parties than pick your own.

every party is going to end up with at least one WHM or RDM to heal so find one WHM or RDM that you can communicate with and fill out the rest with melee. you don't have to tell the melee to crowd together and beat on things, they do that naturally. you just need that one healer who'd coordinate with you a little bit and get out of the way.

and you should know by now that BLMs are very important to a successful Dynamis run and most of them are needed in the main alliance, especially the good ones like Kuno.

if you really want to be in the "fun" mage party you can ask the leaders if you can try it for the next run. i won't be able to make it, so there probably will be an open BRD spot in the main alliance.

and imo, it's probably not as much fun as you think. because of the MP restore statues, keeping Ballad up all the time isn't that important in the mage party, your priority is helping with sleep. helping with sleep = death.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

>people stop coming because glacier and xarcabard are crap, all we get is {death}, and no af, and you guys get less currency.

Beau is pretty friendly on currency. I dont have any problems farming there but the boss is so freaking hard. ;; I really don't want to do the boss again unless we get a good 15+ new people.

>I really need af2 hat, its the only piece of brd af2 I consider useful ^^

Well theres just one other tier1 brd who still needs the hat (Avvesione) so we'd have to first be lucky with him getting one and then you.. unless you can get tier1 before that and outlot him. We're doing the 4 cities again for the new people so you can always hope. ^^

>umm... what else... well the post above me is definitly {mine} kuno chan but she {lie} so much hehe

lies ;3

>is it just longer duration or does it add 2 more mp per tick?

I don't think anyone knows for sure.

As for Sendohs super long post, I agree with most of what he said. We keep clearing 4 cities and beau for people and they just disappear. :/ We need people who are willing to do this and don't just vanish after a few trips.

Misora

damn Sendoh, you're not supposed to reply so seriously to what was meant as mostly a joke post ^^
    It was supposed to be funny, and I do plan to keep comming even after I got hat and I dont mind death and want to see xacra cleared one day too. Obviously I don't really expect you guys to just do the one I want most, I'm not that crazy/greedy ^^
    and of course I know Kuno is a great blm (we had static together for so long) who is needed in the main alliance but the point there was that it's almost always one of you BG brds that get put there.

on another topic though, I died like 2-3 times last time (jeuno) due to aoe lulalby hitting the unsleepable statues that no one nuked/voked...

If you guys are accepting new people now though, I have 3 friends who've been telling me they would like to join: dann 75brd, nirokun 70whm, schnieder 75war

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    Total 51.92
    Since Joining 51.92
    Job WHM
    Personal Total 26
    Name Zigma
    Attendances: 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0

According to this, you were Tier 1 the first time you came, dropped down to Tier 3 cause you missed the next two, then you went back up to Tier 2 and you would've been back in Tier 1 except you missed another 2, so you you stayed in Tier 2. Then you made it back up to Tier 1 in early October, but then you stopped coming so you fell back down. I don't see where the problem is. If you had kept coming you'd have been Tier 1.

in like... 3 years. and I was never tier 1 in october, ever. :X

Black Belt
    BG Level

damn Sendoh, you're not supposed to reply so seriously to what was meant as mostly a joke post ^^
    i wasn't picking on you or anything, it just let me say a lot of things that i wanted to say. it applies to everyone.

the point there was that it's almost always one of you BG brds that get put there.
    unlike the other parties that are randomly put together, the main alliance isn't random. it revolves around the same dozen or so people who have been showing up for months who have a good idea what to do.

unless people from that core group don't show up, there isn't much shuffling. there's a little more expected of the people in the main alliance and we won't ask that of other people unless necessary (or perhaps they volunteer, which doesn't happen often).

on another topic though, I died like 2-3 times last time (jeuno) due to aoe lulalby hitting the unsleepable statues that no one nuked/voked...
    PLDs don't usually voke the statues, you have to trust that the mages will kill them. when that doesn't happen for whatever reason, we just have to take a few deaths. there are already enough factors that lead to PLDs, BLMs, etc dying without having to worry about BRDs.

I have 3 friends who've been telling me they would like to join: dann 75brd, nirokun 70whm, schnieder 75war
    if they understand what we are looking for and have slightly similar goals (a little bit more than just a free ride through getting their AF2) send a /tell to Bert or some other Wiffleball sackholder. most people will be welcome.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

lol shouldn't i be under new people, i thought i sent you a tell in game XD

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i'm putting together an active roster of people and will resume the tiers from there
    i'm not sure what this means. Are you resetting tiers or something?[/quote]

no, just from where they are now
    are you gonna come w/ us mifaco or still w/ that other LS?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i wouldve continued coming but i could never find a ls that would help me clear sandoria which i still have yet to clear since i couldnt enter with u guys when u went its not like i got any AF2 so that wouldn't be my reason for not coming but i got tired of looking for a ls to help me clear that 1 city after asking about 10 -_-

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Finally, some openings. I'd like to join, that is, if you're still taking in members. I'm a level 75 Summoner. Please feel free to send a /tell in-game, or I'll just check back on the forums to see what the responce is.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

Hey Bert, I talked to u in game, but ya i told you ill be comming to all them. All i really want to do in the game is finish ZM, Cop, and Dynamis. And I appreciate you allowing me to come the last 3 times.

i put new people on the top post
    we still need a few more, so ask if you want to be in. people who already have clears are especially welcome

Ill come if i switch servers and you level me to 75! Ill do any job! lol

im interested in joining. 71sam dunno if that high enough. send me a /tell in game my char name is Goror.