Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kirin buffed?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Kirin buffed?

Hi all. I know this is a pretty popular hangout for alot of NA HNMLSs and wanted to ask an opinion. Has anyone else experienced Kirin being a real pain in the neck lately. We've had some problems lately with Kirin spawning Gods REALLLY close together. Ever since they changed his character model, hes been a real pain. For example, last night he spawned Genbu first, then waited a long time, then summoned suzaku, seiryu and Byakko back to back to back. Dealing with the 3 difficult gods at the same time is incredibally annoying and diffucult with only 27 ppl. We never used to have any trouble at all, but recently its been very hard.

Anyone else have troubles or are we just unlucky?

we've done about 7 kirins since the model change and haven't noticed any noticable increase in difficulty. how many times did you do it? i think it might have been bad luck, but could be changed if you did it 4-5 times and it was hard all of them

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I'm in the same LS as Tib and we have done 7 Kirin's since the patch that changed the model I believe, 3 of which have led to full wipes and despawn losing our Seals. We had a 12 win 0 loss record against Kirin before the patch that changed the models and had done it with as few as 25 people, now using the same strategy and numbers as before we have been getting pounded and its getting rather annoying. He seems to like to spawn 3 gods on us at once pretty much every time now, depending on the spawn order and number of people we have sometimes we can deal with it and other times it lead to a wipe out. It could just be a really bad stretch of luck but since its happened only after the patch we are wondering if they buffed Kirin when they changed the models or if it really is just bad luck.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I found that his WS have been buffed, sometimes doing 800-1400 damage while marathoning him. But I havent noticed a change in him summoning mobs.... the first time we did kirin he summoned 2 Gods seconds after eachother so that hasnt changed.

Other than that I see no diff in him. Even tho Enitsu is now scared of kirin, il send you postcards buddy

Lujan

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think it's just random, we did one pre-model change where he summoned the gods literally within 3-5 minutes of each other... the last one we did after model change he went ~12 minutes before summoning his first god, and seemed we waited all day for him to summon the others after we killed.

About the WS thing - I took a Deadly Hold for 1550, never been hit that hard before o.o

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

My first time fighting Kirin I kited him as war/thf with blink band cause all our tanks died...heh.

I did pretty well, then got hit with stone5 for 1700+...that was my biggest hit ; ;

E. Body
    BG Level

Its not fun when you do a 1280 spinning slash and then get one shotted by deadly hold 1 second later

I thought you lived after that Spinning Slash... You usually live after them because everyone casts Cure V on you.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Its not fun when you do a 1280 spinning slash and then get one shotted by deadly hold 1 second later
    Or a 1574 Tachi: Gekko either.

E. Body
    BG Level

On greater manticore maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Jerch
    My first time fighting Kirin I kited him as war/thf with blink band cause all our tanks died...heh.

I did pretty well, then got hit with stone5 for 1700+...that was my biggest hit ; ;
    from garuda?