Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to break rods     submit to reddit submit to twitter

how to break rods

how would you go about breaking clothespoles and mithran rods?

is there a skill lvl needed?
    what bait to use?
    where to do it at?
    how often would they break in these places?

thank you in advance.

get a fat girlfriend

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Depends on your fishing skill. It's not to hard breaking mithrans and clothespoles.

The most popular place is on the boat. Sliced sardine, sliced bluetail and meatballs work best. However I dont recommend bluetail or meatballs unless you have high enough skill to hook the fish for them, although they work better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Depends on your fishing skill. It's not to hard breaking mithrans and clothespoles.

The most popular place is on the boat. Sliced sardine, sliced bluetail and meatballs work best. However I dont recommend bluetail or meatballs unless you have high enough skill to hook the fish for them, although they work better.
    will this work on ... fishing skill lvl 5?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmmm....

Clothespole and mithran are actually fairly strong rods, despite their lack of use. The lowest skill fish that will probably bite the best and also break stuff has to be Guguru Tuna on the boat with Sliced Sardine or Peeled Lobster. Both seem like you'll get some breaks in so just use whichever seems cheaper. There are other higher skill fish on the boat that can break with those baits also, but guguru is what will probably bite the most. Remember to fish on the stairs so you don't get any monsters.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I have broken all kind of rods in first cast except lu shang

8)

zantetsuken

i did the meatball thing on the boat to level my alchemy. simply not enough bkn. glass fib. rods on alexander. i also in the course of the day, besides 3 alchemy levels, got 5 levels in fishing from busted rods.

anyone know how easy it is to break rods after the fishing patch? im lvl 40 fishing and 61 woodworking and am gonna be finishing my lu shangs today and i want to know if it still snaps liek a twig.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lushang hardly breaks. Pre-patch, I'd get 1-3 breaks per trip now I get 1-3 breaks in like 3-4hrs. ^^

Not sure about other rods, but I'm saving a ton of money on light crystals.

/sigh i guess there is no cheap and easy way to lvl 70-80 WW anymore then :/

how do you break rods.. i was told to press enter as soon as you get catch....

or go to SSG near gold door with mithran rods and actually catch stuff mithrans break fairly easy...

and for shangs on boat you would have to catch a titanicus or gurgu tuna for it to break and have 80+ skill

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The only fish that break Lushangs are:

Tricorn
    Ryugu Titan
    Giant Chirai
    Cave Cherax
    Titanic Sawfish

Titanictus and Guguru don't break it. It's just Ryugu; he bites on almost every bait like a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    The only fish that break Lushangs are:

Tricorn
    Ryugu Titan
    Giant Chirai
    Cave Cherax
    Titanic Sawfish

Titanictus and Guguru don't break it. It's just Ryugu; he bites on almost every bait like a monster.
    should i struggle with it, or just press enter?

and is there a skill needed?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well I havn't tried to break rods since the patch but you have a better chance of catching when its at low health, so I would assume if you press enter when its at full you have the lowest chance of catching (and potentially the highest for breaking).

As for skill... yeah it helps. The higher skill you have the more bites you get. The more bites the more breaks etc.