BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Kirin has been Captivated.

I know this isn't anything for you, but to the people I knew on Bahamut server when I played there, just letting you know I've "joined the club":

Oh, and your Kirin Freed video DID help us or else we would've been stuck in that 50%-70% forever:

(Don't look at a red circled thing, look at what Mugoi sent me hehe)

Once again, I know, not much... just kinda happy right now.^^

Congratz.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

How long are average kirin kill times? we've now done him 6 times with most kills being 35-45 minutes... was curious as to averages on other LS's too...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

it really depends on what u take, my LS can easily take it in 30~mins if we have all our RNG + BLM show up...and sometimes takes 2~3hours cause of the lack of DMG. but id say we avg around 1hour?

Diabolos Kirin Captivator (b^.^)b

Congratulations, I wait for the day when I can "join the club" :wink:

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar
    How long are average kirin kill times? we've now done him 6 times with most kills being 35-45 minutes... was curious as to averages on other LS's too...
    Seeing as this was our first time as an LS (some members had done it previously with other LSes that no longer exist), we did not have a set strategy and much like BG's first time, we had to change our strat halfway through fight. It took us ~2 hours to get it to 50% but once we figured out why the hell we weren't doing any dmg, we killed it in 45 mins from 50. What we were doing wrong was a) no SC and b) no Bio II/Poison II/Elemental Debuffs to counteract it's hella regen. Once we figured out what to do, it was smooth sailing.

All in all, a little less than 3 hours for our first run. ><;; At least we didn't wipe. =P

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Seeing as this was our first time as an LS (some members had done it previously with other LSes that no longer exist), we did not have a set strategy and much like BG's first time, we had to change our strat halfway through fight. It took us ~2 hours to get it to 50% but once we figured out why the hell we weren't doing any dmg, we killed it in 45 mins from 50. What we were doing wrong was a) no SC and b) no Bio II/Poison II/Elemental Debuffs to counteract it's hella regen. Once we figured out what to do, it was smooth sailing.

All in all, a little less than 3 hours for our first run. ><;; At least we didn't wipe. =P
    Yeah our strategy was to CFH Minigods with outside PLD PT and basically kite kirin with 7 RNG and PLD&NIN if they can get hate... but basically with 7 RNG after the NIN get done kiting kirin the entire beginning while we are focusing on mini-gods... but that was our strategy... Also found out that Sole Sushi gives about the same if not more effect as dual prelude on RNG which means if you use this food you dont really have to worry about having a bard with the rangers to prelude them as they will be running all over creation

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah really don't get all caught up in rushin to try to set any kind of records. Be glad you won, and continue to go at your LS' pace

And it really is dependent on what you have show... we had only 1 RNG and 5 BLM show up and it took damn near 2 hours the other day @_@

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah our strategy was to CFH Minigods with outside PLD PT and basically kite kirin with 7 RNG and PLD&NIN if they can get hate... but basically with 7 RNG after the NIN get done kiting kirin the entire beginning while we are focusing on mini-gods... but that was our strategy... Also found out that Sole Sushi gives about the same if not more effect as dual prelude on RNG which means if you use this food you dont really have to worry about having a bard with the rangers to prelude them as they will be running all over creation
    Yeah that's what we had done going into this too. We had a couple members who had done it before in other broken LSes, so we did have SOME insight coming into it. Kiting pt was RDM RDM RDM PLD/NIN PLD/WAR WAR/NIN. Worked beautifully until all summoned gods were dead.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I tanked/kited kirin as 75mnk/whm... chi blast for 1780 pissed him off

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf
    I tanked/kited kirin as 75mnk/whm... chi blast for 1780 pissed him off
    wow, what kind mnd setup are you running? The highest chi blast I've seen a monk do in my linkshell was 1300 something.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

pride staff
    temple crown
    justaucorps +1
    royal army mantle
    twinthread obi
    promise badge
    devotees mitts
    communion earring
    aqua rings
    suzaku sune-ate
    sando controlled sky so +3 mnd from tactician magicians pants +1

Wulf, nice set up As being a Monk myself i know you worked hard on all the Chi Blast Only gear. :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

MNK in my LS:

This was before he had his Kirin's Osode and 2 Aqua Rings (whatever the +5 MND are named)

Should be fun next Kirin when maintenance fixes SC and we can pop him again to see what he can do with his new gear :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I'm leveling up monk and absolutely loving it... find out why i liked the game again... I already have all the gear for it... just need to get to 75 now >< Elvaan with PERFECT MND gear, is 2000 possible on kirin?

Maybe maybe? ^^

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Toss on a couple +MND boosts from BRD and maybe Fenrir BP, and I'm sure its damn possible.

Rooster/Ondori your in d-town too... 8)
    <.< I'll shut up now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

ok, i have a question to keep this thread going....
    and please, no BG responses.

Anyother servers out there have monks with PERFECT, and i mean PERFECT counter gear(inc muscle +1, countercross, rings earrings, AF2 counterstance enhancing boots, everything) and tried to tank something like cassie or serket or even something harder?

at lvl 60 i'm sitting with +11 counter, and i'll be damned if i'm countering 15-20 hit in a row.

ondori is a FAG

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

OMG Berticus !!! I'LL KILL YOU!