Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kirin Strat     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Kirin Strat

Hello. I'm from the Asura server and this Sunday my LS and I are going to battle Kirin for the first time. I'm already starting to get nervous and I decided to ask around for a few strats when it comes to this guy.

No one in my LS has ever fought Kirin, but most of us know that we need 1 PT to kite him (preferably PLD, does NIN or WAR work?). The strat we have talked about is just to let him loose and run around til all the 4 gods have been summoned and we can focus fully on him.

Since Kirin is weak to wind, the only SC i could think of that would give the best result is Tachi: Yukikaze > Slug Shot > Heavy Shot. I've seen you guys do it in your vids but im not too sure, any advice here?

We're all very nervous, any help is apprechiated. Thanks

Don't fear death.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

How many RNG you got?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardtheblack
    Don't fear death.
    as ed said, dont fear death.

:D

gl on your first kirin

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

gods must die ASAP

overlapping gods = death

Hey thanks everyone for replying =) We have about 4 rangers that is coming, all 75. Eventually we will have a 5th but he is only 73 atm. On the BLM side we have 5 confirmed BLM's, think thats enough? Only 3 MNK's.. 4 PLD and 3 NIN. Think thats enough? Also, do you need to have that carbuncle buff (i think its searing light?) in order to survive his 2 hour? I've heard it helps, but i dunno.

Thanks

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

A 73 Rng will have no problem hitting Kirin in a pt with a Brd, 5 Rng will demolish Kirin. 4 Pld and 3 Nin is more than enough tanks. The Blms should just get into ally dump mp and then sit out til full again. Kirin's 2hr usually only kills 1-3 people itself, sometimes the tank gets 1 shotted before anyone can get a cure on them but they should be kiting and out of range of melee damage after 2 hr tho hopefully. His Astral Flow is nowhere near the power of the ones used in Dynamis.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

okay well we usually have 7 RNG on Kirin. 6 of them 75, What you can do is start out by having ninjas tank kirin by kiting him around the northen areas, and the majority of the people in the south, and when he summons have an outside pld claim mini-god and CFH. In our experience this has worked really well... also with 5 RNG you should be able to set up a nice shadowbind order incase anything goes wrong or if you get 2 mini-gods out at a time. with 7 RNG our mini-gods usually fall in 1-2 min (and the last full version god Sieryu we killed fell in 2 min 10 sec) and if you just keep doing major damage to the mini-gods fast enough you might never see them try and 2-hour (sieryu and suzaku didn't 2 hour for us 2/3 times last sunday) after the minigods keep with nins voking every chance they can get basically and try and keep hate and rdm gravity as much as possible this will enable your RNG to easily start working their way down on Kirin (I dont know how well a BLM is in this picture since we only have 3 in our LS and the most damage they did it seemed was hardly anything Tornado for 76 damage sometimes orz). since 4/5 of your RNG are 75 they should have Utsusemi Ni then which will allow them to be able to kite kirin along as the nins have... make sure your RNG understand that they will take hate for sure and be expected to tank kirin and everyone is to alert LS when Kirin is casting Stonega IV (best thing to do is for the person with agro to run as far away and from as little people as possible because if this spell lands /goodbye!)

Basically after the mini-gods the only thing to worry about is Astral Flow... We've had deaths on this ranging from 1-2 to 8 last sunday on our 3rd run when he summoned carbuncle and did Searling Light for over 1600 damage to everyone in the AE. But basically all you need to do is kite kirin around with your RNG and NIN (or PLD too can be swapped in) and you'll have yourself a very easy kirin win.

On another note jobs that can use the Reraise Gorget buy one or two and always use keep reraise on. I've gone through 2 Gorgets now almost in the past week because almost everything i show up for I'll use a reraise gorget good for 2 hours and it gives you Raise II. Its a handy way to save MP so that more people can live and it ensures you dont eat a Raise I.

Hope this has been a little helpful (writting half asleep so if any questions just ask me)

Very nice, thanks alot. One more thing: Can you throw Winds at the gods Kirin summons?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Reraise gorget grants raise2? wow i never know, thx for the info (`3`)b

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cybaster
    Reraise gorget grants raise2? wow i never know, thx for the info (`3`)b
    Yeah I never did till I was told that and then I died and I only lost the same exp as with a Raise II... it is very handy for each of the jobs that can use it. all my high level BST friends I know use it also incase they die and they have found leveling to be a lot better w/ it since only losing Raise II worth instead of HP/Raise I

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Gorgets should be used and ONLY USED when you attempt a 18 person Kirin kill. Where is the fun -- .--;;

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Naw use em whenever you like, saves times and trouble in the long run from mages... at least with rangers they can get exp back fast.. whenever we get too low we just organize ranger parties where its RNG RNG RNG RNG RDM BRD and get 8-10k exp/hr. Our highest chain in the shrine is #24 and I have a video of #23 I should post sometime lol I dont really worry about exp loss since its an easy thing to get back and its useful for going as fast as you can when you only have 3 hours for 3 kirin kills lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball
    Very nice, thanks alot. One more thing: Can you throw Winds at the gods Kirin summons?
    Yes they can be dispelled just the same, makes it a bit easier on your tanks tanking the gods, although the summoned gods usually die very quickly

Babyorphan

Pinball we use 2 PT on Kirin and 1 on "adds" (that's the summoned gods )
    Just have to post since I know you ^^;

/wave Babyo, thanks for replying ^^