Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Opinions of the uncapped BCNM against Behemoth

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/quests.ht ... fquest=452

The drops seem alot less worthwhile (from what's listed), with the exception of the mace and Behemoth Tounge. There's a time limit, but it's supposed to have less HP than KB. 99 orbs also is a little steep, but I'm curious if this is a worthwhile alternative in anyone's eyes to trying to compete with SekaixLS.

Close to 70, and I do have 99 orbs, and the 18 people 70ish (+ and -) who would be down to try isn't hard to find.

Even if it's not KB, it seems like a easy way to fight a HNM that is guarenteed to pop, and not purple ^^.

Word was you guys got claim on Fafnir yesterday. Never heard much else, but if that's true, grats!

Black Belt
    BG Level

Re: Opinions of the uncapped BCNM against Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    Word was you guys got claim on Fafnir yesterday. Never heard much else, but if that's true, grats!
    the front page was updated :D

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Thank you. Wow, great stuff guys. Voodoo, I'd love to see how cool the Ridill procs. works with tripple. Must be bad ass.

So, anyone? The drops/effort worth the 99 seals?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    So, anyone? The drops/effort worth the 99 seals?
    in terms of gil, no. unless you're extremely lucky. this is because of the new kindred BCs which drop pretty ridiculous stuff at pretty ridiculous rates

but im sure bc99 is more fun than kindred 30 bcnm

oh, and i just looked at the allakhazam drops. it's very incomplete/wrong

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

If it drops Shining cloth then its worth it imo, if not.... then blah

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Honestly I thought the drops seemed a little crappy in the list on the page.
    99 Seals is alot of seals, and a 30 min (I assume 30 mins, but I know it's a short time limit) King Behemoth wanna be sounds like a hard fight.

I demand kraken clubs, Shadow Mantles and mithra all around =)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i pray for the day abjurations are no longer jp only... BCNM ABJ yes, plz.

<<<<sick of winning only jp scraps

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko

I wish that the BCNM99 would drop the abjurations that drop from the HQ HNM. It is not like you can get 99 seals every day, or even have a bunch of people pool their seals.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko

agreed

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i've done the ks99 behemoth about mmm 5 or 6 times if i remember from my head.

the drops are very good but sometimes you get crappy stuff. No abjurations are dropped by stuff for the black belt quest can drop.

I was the first on bahamut server to actually use that mace but it's nothing short of a darksteel maul. The stun is really good but very rare for it to come out if you are fighting anything above even match - tough.
    I fought aquarius with it and it only stun it 2 times during the whole 20-30min it took it to kill the damn crab.

allakhazam is missing a nice chunk of the items that are dropped. Some stuff are also dropped by all 3 of the king BC's

If you are looking for a LS to take you on a run then send me a /t in game. You get a nice chunk of gil and winning is 100%.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Thank you. Wow, great stuff guys. Voodoo, I'd love to see how cool the Ridill procs. works with tripple. Must be bad ass.
    Ridill's multiple hits don't stack with double or triple attack.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Ridill's multiple hits don't stack with double or triple attack.
    How dissapointing.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I think if double and triple attack worked with multi-hit weapons you'd start running into problems when your THF/WAR equips kraken club and doubles+triples for up to 32 attacks in one round.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I have to disagree, ive hit 5 times in a row just dualwielding my Juggy and Ridil. Maybe how it works for triple attack or im just special

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Double Attack + Juggernaut = 2x Hits
    Ridill 3-Hit Proc = 3x Hits

Since double/triple is calculated individually for dual wield weapons you can still get the activation on the normal weapon.

When I first got Ridill I tested it out as THF/WAR to see how it worked with double+triple attack, and I never once did more than 3 attacks in a row. If I'm not mistaken it works the same with people who use joyeuse, they won't get more than 2 hits with WAR sub because double attack won't stack with the multi-hit weapon at the same time. Also as far as I know, multi hit weapons never proc during WSes.

The most likely way the game does it is this:
    1) Calculate whether or not the weapon procs multiple hits.
    2) Calculate whether or not double / triple attack procs.
    3) Use the higher number as the # of hits you actually do.

So you'll still get the benefits of double attack / triple attack, just it won't matter when it's already kicking in from the weapon.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hmm... I hit 5 times more than you think. I hardly double attack tbh, I find it kicks in more while weilding a 2 handed weapon.

Well if that is the case it doesnt explain my 7 hitter while dual wielding Ridil and Joyuse. No haste or brd songs so "no" my turns could not of over lapped, my wait time after this awesome frenzy kicked in less than half a second after.

Think il pull fraps outta the dusty basement and start recording this freak of nature.

Who wants to come into the woods today? :wink:

Lujan

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Some of the JSE weapons are worth it, as far as gil - the most expensive item we've seen is a Behemoth Hide off of Chlevnik and Dragon Heart off Wyrm. It's not really get money fast BC but rather a have hella fun BC.

Chlevnik prob more difficult than KB in terms of the monster itself... you don't have nearly the free roam you have in Behemoth's Dominion, although he has less HP and you control when he spawns, rather than lose pull after pull to JP's

Let you know how the turtle BC99 fight goes, we've conquered the other 2 and tryin to schedule the turtle when the majority of our BLM can be available

Edit: I also agree it would have been a good move to give the chance to drop Abjurations from these as the rumors were saying. I think from level 1-75 I had a total of maybe 120 KS? So yeah coming by 99 seals isn't easy. At least then people can be rewarded by their skill of defeating the monsters, rather than the ability to have a faster latency.