+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joyeuse     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Joyeuse

so after camping my own joyeuse for about 8 hours uncontested i finally got one after so long.. the next day i decided to help a friend camp it again
    to my understanding when you camp joyeuse you put it in your comment and spend all the time there killing placeholders till it pops correct?
    we camped it for about 11hours yesterday and at the last 2-3 hours, friendlyfire decides to show up and camp against us... of course they got some tells of why they were here and what they were doing..none of them knew why were were so mad.. after beating them to claiming chary i had a really pointless conversation with kinslayer about him going on and on about 'i dont read peoples comment, they have one good for them!'....
    i talked to hellboy about his joyeuse incident and apparently the same thing happend to him, he camped it with peng and several others and ff decided to move down on him.. several sides of the stories were 'omg Hellboy stole chary from us!' and from HB 'i owned them' lol
    does everyone do the same thing with the comment and camping joyeuse or is it just mostly the respectable players?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

just because you have your search comment as sword, doesnt mean you are the only one that can be there to pop it. you were not the only one pulling mantas and you were not the only one there for hrs. what difference does it make if you have it on your search comment? if 2 ppl are there with their party killing ph's, then you both have the right to be there for the pull. if you win the pull, then you win the pull. no reason to act like girls and say this and that blablabla. i can care less cause i dont even need it. i just go to tank for whoever needs it in the ls. none the less, grats on joyeuse.

Black Belt
    BG Level

when i camped for mine, i logged out there every night for almost a week.

just because someone else would be there when i logged in doesn't mean they were there first and just because i had been logging out there and camping for a week doesn't mean i was there first.

anyway, you don't know for a fact when someone decides to go camping for something.

using the search comment is a courtesy that most people do respect but that doesn't give you claim to a mob before it pops and it's not going to make people change their plans.

if i gathered 3 or 4 people to go camp something with me after work today, i'm not going to tell those 3 or 4 people not to go because of someone's search comment when i log in.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

don't be a poo head, seafood.

<3

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by ecurb
    i can care less cause i dont even need it.
    That's interesting.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ecurb
    i can care less cause i dont even need it. i just go to tank for whoever needs it in the ls.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

once again...please dont use the forum to talk "ish" or indirectly insult other lses and players, and such. im not sticking up for anyone, etc. i just dont want another even 1/100th of a flame-war starting again. thank you muchies peoples...

Babyorphan

I like to respect whoever was there first killing placeholders.
    Try putting yourself in their shoes..

You spend hours upon hours killing placeholder mobs.
    Someone turn up as it pop and claim it from you (sort of).
    You just wasted a loooong time popping something for someone else.

I got really pissy when a JP botting LS came to Lord of Onzozo when I had
    popped him for a total of 33 days in a row to get my Kraken club (Yeah, I'm crazy :x),
    but luckily it ended on day 43 being the lucky day.. lol.
    But yeah.. would have sucked if it dropped on day 33 after spending that
    many days camping. (Log off, Log on in time for pop camping).

Note I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the fact I had been there already for
    over an hour killing placeholders when they showed up ^^
    Ah.. it ended well anyways.

such bull info i know what happenned at those 2 times at charbydis,
    post unbiased and unexaggurated information if ur gona diss our ls

if i have to post what happened it would take too long, just **** it

you just dug up a thread from january, good job.

New Merits
    BG Level

FF SUX

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

v(^^)v

<('-'<)^<)

Show the love.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mithracat
    <(゚o゚<)^<)

Show the love.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Heres how mine went

Bikwin on vent: I'm going to go kill some PHs for joyeuse

30minutes later

Bikwin on vent: I killed 2 PHs and popped it, dont tell anyone otherwise LS spies will leak info

Someone on vent: dont be such a fag, theres no spies on

Few people on vent: Ill go after we finish killing XXXXX...some NM dont remember

Engage NM w/ 5 people and 1 more comming

LS: what are you guys doing?

someone from the PT killing it : ctrl+l <t> <pos>

10 minutes later, after i have my joyeuse in hand

RANDOMFUCKINGGUYIVENEVERHEARDOF>> can you tell me deathtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithracat
    <(゚o゚<)^<)

Show the love.
    Shit, thats hardcore. o_O

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

bait SUX

Bait does suck :D
    and yes i dug this up cuz yes im a slow reader and ive have enough
    of reading bout FF being dissed ESPECIALLY when that shit is biased

19. 2005-04-21 03:53

This just happened recently on Fairy as well (surprise!), a relatively respected LS - actually I want to say lesser-known mostly in part b/c they just act cool about things, they don't MPK, they don't CFH, and they don't get bent out of shape if they lose a pull - got shafted due in part to another HNMLS going down and deciding to nab the NM after the others had killed the PHs.

GG asshats -.- I've almost disassociated myself from all of Fairy :D

Back on topic, sorry to hear that happened, it's really stupid that people do this shit, and they wonder why problems and friction occur between others. Only thing I can really say is the lamer "What goes around, comes around" type thing, ya know, "Payback's a bitch", Karma, all that, blah blah, etc. Stick it out, all you can really do unfortunately, usually when bad shit happens, something 10x better ends up occuring, at least that's usually what I experience.