BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: polhook.dll     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

polhook.dll

Just got done updating PlayOnline from last nights update, and now when I try to start it, it tells me:

Failed to replace the file "C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\polho ok.dll" Please restart PlayOnline Viewer.

Anyone else have that problem? Or could possibly upload a working polhook.dll for me to download and replace it with? I tried uninstalling PlayOnline and reinstalling it, but it did the same thing.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

dont know. .. i updater to ver. 1.14.06, i cant get on. says network is busy or something. . .

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i bet that FFXI windower program messed with the polhook file ;/ . but i dunno.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

This update hasn't messed at all with my windower program. I don't know about everyone else, but I use Azaril's program. The only update that caused issues was the CoP update. I'm not going to post the link due to legal reasons, but if you want the link, send a PM and I will share it. It pretty much runs the game in a pseudo window, the same size as your screen resolution, so it seems full screen. There is a little 'How-To- readme that explains what to do with it, but all in all, its pretty damn simple to use.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The problem isn't with the windower, i don't even use one. I just need that one corrupt file replaced. I can't even open PlayOnline, it tells me to restart it before the program even opens.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://tribes3.org/zigma/polhook.dll

there is my hook. Hope this fixes the problem you are having.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

didn't work, said the file was in use can't copy blahblahblah ; ;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

thx zigma its working for me now, i just had to open the program with my pol.exe

they are suppose to be having a network maintenance for something. Says that if you have trouble w/ playonline, you should be able to just try and login again and supposedly that will fix the problem. Doesn't seem like that's the case, but perhaps after the network maintenance things will be fixed. Sorry you're having the problem

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mogi
    thx zigma its working for me now, i just had to open the program with my pol.exe
    just tried that, gave me the same message as before... failed to replace file

half

I know this is a really really old thread, but it is the first result in the google search for "polhook.dll" so I figured I'd post a fix on this, in the same directory all your pol files are in, theres a polhook.dll.tmp file, and a pol.exe.tmp file, you need to delete the pol.exe file, the polhook.dll file and rename the tmp files to pol.exe and polhook.dll respectivly.

btw nice forum you guys have here, I'm going to be coming back to FFXI here shortly, might have to make a server change

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lol good 'ol google.

Quote Originally Posted by half
    I know this is a really really old thread, but it is the first result in the google search for "polhook.dll" so I figured I'd post a fix on this, in the same directory all your pol files are in, theres a polhook.dll.tmp file, and a pol.exe.tmp file, you need to delete the pol.exe file, the polhook.dll file and rename the tmp files to pol.exe and polhook.dll respectivly.

btw nice forum you guys have here, I'm going to be coming back to FFXI here shortly, might have to make a server change
    or just delete the windower folder and redownload it and be done

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

The windower doesn't let ffxi close properly for some reason, so you probably still have one or more pol.exe processes running. Check the task manager. If one of them was still active, the file wouldn't have been able to update.