View Poll Results: Good idea for multi-server LSs?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Great Idea!

7 17.95%
  • Hrmm, I don't know about that...

10 25.64%
  • No, The idea sucks... get a life!

22 56.41%
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

The Order on other servers

I and a group of experienced players are interested in starting a Blue Garter LS on Fairy server... We'd like to link to you guys since you already have such a great base on information on your site... gimme some feed back...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

uhh uhh, do i know you?
    i dont think its such a great idea...

I think it's a good idea b/c it means I won't have to restart my char on the bahamut server

but, alas, I'm not on the fairy server either. Maybe someone shouel consider starting one on the Diabolos server

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: The Order on other servers

Quote Originally Posted by MagPest
    We'd like to link to you guys
    How do you propose to create a LS that includes members from another server?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

if you are really serious about it... PM berticus and I with info.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

this is the gayest idea ive ever heard of.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Sorry but this is just a bad idea.

OrderofTheBlueGartr derives from history. Real Edwardtheblack had the order so i named this ls that. i mean you should have a charactor named Edwardtheblack. 8)

Black Belt
    BG Level

The Order of the Garter is the most senior and the oldest British Order of Chivalry and was founded by Edward III in 1348. The Order, consisting of the King and twenty-five knights, was intended by Edward III to be reserved as the highest reward for loyalty and for military merit. Like The Prince of Wales (the Black Prince), the other founder-knights had all served in the French campaigns of the time, including the battle of Crécy - three were foreigners who had previously sworn allegiance to the English king: four of the knights were under the age of 20 and few were much over the age of 30.

The origin of the emblem of the Order, a blue garter, is obscure. It is said to have been inspired by an incident which took place whilst the King danced with Joan, Countess of Salisbury. The Countess's garter fell to the floor and after the King retrieved it he tied it to his own leg. Those watching this were apparently amused, but the King admonished them saying, 'Honi soit qui mal y pense' (Shame on him who thinks this evil). This then became the motto of the Order. Modern scholars think it is more likely that the Order was inspired by the strap used to attach pieces of armour, and that the motto could well have referred to critics of Edward's claim to the throne of France.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I am very familiar with the history of The Order... was one of the reasons we wanted to link up, not share members... can't do that across servers obviously, but rather to share information online... But the seemingly persistent negative view has caused us to reconcider a direct corelation to the name... but thanks for the resources that you provide in your site, I'll be sure to add a link to you... -The Pest of Fairy

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Order of the punani Samurais

Winner of the prestigious 2002 award for "The Sports Team Most Likely to play Drunk or Under the Influence of Narcotics" as well as the "Sexiest Indoor Cricket Team in Oakleigh D's", the Punani Samurais have somehow managed to win a grand final in only their second season of existance and continue to attract no attention whatsoever from even their own girlfriends during their games.

Stick around, appreciate the hard work that goes into drinking beer and not really trying each week, and if you believe - truly believe - you too, can be a Punani Samurai. Listen to your heart. (not forgeting your penis)

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm sorry you take offense to what some of my fellow LS members think about this idea. Please do not take it as a complete turn down as far as helping each other out here and there for information. It's just kind of difficult, as a BG member, to see another LS on another server with the same name. We have the original EdwardTheBlack, and we kind of like being original. It's flattering that you wish to share the name with us, but at the same time it's a little difficult, especially across servers. Don't let the fact that we weren't willing to share the name be the thing that makes you hesitate to become a great LS on your own. In all honesty I think you might be happier if you find a new name and make a place on your own. People know about us, they know what we do and we have been around for a while. Showing people a new LS can accomplish the same things might be more rewarding in the end.

Once you do get your LS going and your website, please do link to us so we can do the same for you. No hard feelings. ^.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkei
    I'm sorry you take offense to what some of my fellow LS members think about this idea. Please do not take it as a complete turn down as far as helping each other out here and there for information. It's just kind of difficult, as a BG member, to see another LS on another server with the same name. We have the original EdwardTheBlack, and we kind of like being original. It's flattering that you wish to share the name with us, but at the same time it's a little difficult, especially across servers. Don't let the fact that we weren't willing to share the name be the thing that makes you hesitate to become a great LS on your own. In all honesty I think you might be happier if you find a new name and make a place on your own. People know about us, they know what we do and we have been around for a while. Showing people a new LS can accomplish the same things might be more rewarding in the end.

Once you do get your LS going and your website, please do link to us so we can do the same for you. No hard feelings. ^.~*
    Pretty much I couldn't have said it any better. It is always a great feeling to know you blazed the trail yourself. Almost every NA who hunts HNM's in this game knows of BG and probably has even been to the site at least once. You wouldn't want people always saying that you guys are knock offs, or that you get all of your knowledge from these guys. That would take away from you guys and your accomplishments.

Good luck on your LS, I really hope you guys kick mad ass.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

After reading these newest entries we have decided that you are right, to ask permision to ride on your coat tale was not only wrong, but a statement that we were not capable of doing the same kind of thing on our own. Thank you for the encouragement... 8) Further deliberation produced a name of an LS system that we are creating... "Elysium" and will be structured after actual european "Orders." Anyways, again thanks for the encouraging "slap" and wish us luck...

- Ulee, Leader of Council of Elysium; MagnificentPest, Leader of Order of Elysium; and AngelofHope, Leader of Hand of Elysium

Altana blessing on you all.

why would u want to name yourself bg..when u can be names like 世界xLS (^-^)