+ Reply to Thread
    Decland

Competition.. Do you have it?

Just was curious, i see you guys take down HNms alot, how is the competition on your server? must be nill or you have some fantastic bots.

I'm on Ragnarok in one the more dominate HNMLSs called Melon. And every single HNM we go too has atleast 160+ people camping not even counting JPs, all of wich are loaded for bear with the latest bots and hacks. While we get our fair share, the JPs rule with there latency over us.

I see you guys have taken down alot of Fafnir/Nidhoggs, i just cant fathom doing that, once window opens on Ragnarok for Faf, every single JP 73+ come running, the zone is filled with 100-300 people.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know how lucky you are to be on a server wich allows you to have the fun you do. heh.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Re: Competition.. Do you have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Decland
    Just was curious, i see you guys take down HNms alot, how is the competition on your server? must be nill or you have some fantastic bots.

I'm on Ragnarok in one the more dominate HNMLSs called Melon. And every single HNM we go too has atleast 160+ people camping not even counting JPs, all of wich are loaded for bear with the latest bots and hacks. While we get our fair share, the JPs rule with there latency over us.

I see you guys have taken down alot of Fafnir/Nidhoggs, i just cant fathom doing that, once window opens on Ragnarok for Faf, every single JP 73+ come running, the zone is filled with 100-300 people.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know how lucky you are to be on a server wich allows you to have the fun you do. heh.
    We're the only NA HNMLS that has killed either Fafnir or Nidhogg on the server. As far as competition goes, we hardly ever camp it during Japanese daytime so sometimes during the week there's little competition. On the weekends there's always a lot of competition no matter what time it pops. The main reason that we've gotten so many Fafnirs is just being ready and prepared and being lucky enough to have it pop before other competition gets there. More often than not though, if there's competition then we lose claim unless they make a mistake because it's just impossible to compete with the lower latency.

While Fafnir isn't as camped on our server as on yours, Behemoth is pretty much always camped to the point where it's almost not worth going when you're inevitably going to lose claim over 95% of the time. Sucks how in the end it comes down to who's closest to the server.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

wow...my friend plays on ragnarok...didnt seem that bad...

Like Quicklet said, as for Nidhogg, there has only been one time we actually won a claim against a JP LS for Nidhogg, and that was when either Chlistophy or Ed (both Japanese) won provoke over 80+ people. The first one we fought, it popped and we were alone. The second one happened the same way. The third one popped early before sekaix/ED team up arrived, and we claimed it before them. The fourth was the one Ed or Chlist won. We were outpulled on the 5th, but sekaixls died to darter adds and we got the claim. The sixth was a race from sorrowvall to aery with sekaixls. They won NQ adamantoise claim so we just went to aery asap and nidhogg was up. The most recent one was the day Dragon Quest VIII came out in japan, on a Saturday morning at like 10am, so the normally 100+ JP there were out shopping.

Fafnir goes generally the same way. I'd say when we've had rivals we've only won 15-20% of the claims (ridiculously high), but many of the ones we lost have ended up in zenmetsu and a lot of the kills have just been uncompeted.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Raggy must be a bitch, going up against all those importers must be harsh It must be the client eh?

E. Body
    BG Level

Yeah, I know what it's like in Ragnarok...So many Haijins its insane, but I think the importers have done so well. LSes such as Melon, AA, Juventus etc.

You're in the same LS as Russta right?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

RUSSTA!!!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

did rag ever server split?

Decland

cool thanks for the feed back.

makes me wish i was with ya, sounds like alot of fun.

Yea Russta is in Melon, little Taru with 5-6 jobs 70+ lol, he is crazy! :D

I think we are gonna take on Tiamat here soon, we got the numbers, we got the tactics, just up to us if we got the skillz.

Peace out Blue! Good hunting!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

lmfao.
    I'm on Ragnarok in one the more dominate HNMLSs called Melon.
    Try posting that dominate crap on ffxionline on the ragnarok section.
    And as for competition, theres about 10 HNM ls and when KB and NId windows are open its pretty crazy.
    Rag has umm.
    Master Mind
    Real Madrid(Juviessss)
    The Calm (AkuAdvanced)
    Prince on Star
    Zenmetsu
    Gorifters
    Excavation Point
    Tripple Excellent (CoD)
    Those are the real HNM ls. All JP other then us and Zenmetsu which is respected. Then theirs the "HNM LS"
    Ithaca
    Melon
    TSHoT
    FATE
    Ivalice
    Nephlym Warlords
    Silver Moon
    Just too many for 1 server. And I bet I missed some too. Only ls that stand a chance against JP domination are us(TC AA) and Zenmetsu though ;'/

On Shiva server we have mad comp for almost everything. Doesn't matter if its 5pm or 4am on Saturday or Tuesday. We have alot of JP's on our server that play round the clock with the man power to pull Nidhogg at the drop of a hat even in NA playtime so we have to work like crazy for every HNM we pull, it sucks. So jealous of all those servers with easy pulls