Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Angra Manyu strategy.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Angra Manyu strategy.

Hi, I'm a lvl 75 Blm from Pandemonium server, and a member of HydraCorps Dynamis ls. Our ls recently started doing Dynamis-Beaucedine, and we've reached Angra on 3/4 of our runs (the first run was with 34 people and was really just an exploritory run) but on every run we've been having problems with Angra, or more precisely his Pukis pets. We've researched a few strategies to defeating him, and have talked to a member of the prominent jp dynamis ls on our server (they've beaten Xarcabard several times) that explained their strategy in dealing with the Mega-Boss.

My Question is, How does Wiffleball defeat Angra Manyu and deal with his Pukis pets?

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

We die a lot. Really, your strategy for dealing with Angra Mainyu is going to be dependent on the types of jobs you have and the quality of players you have, but there isn't any set way to defeat them because there are various things you can do to change how difficult the fight is. The fight also used to be easier but they changed it to where you can't cheese your way through it. I will say this though, and that is that if an LS can't kill Angra Mainyu as well as the four dragons without wiping, then it probably isn't ready to fight Dynamis Lord.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

We're not ready for Dynamis Lord anyway, but we'd like to be ready when the time comes. We still have alot of ground to cover in terms of team work and strength of individual players, not to mention our attendence record. But Angra is a great challenge, and we can certainly learn alot by working as a team and making our way past him together, although we are not yet ready to move onto Xarcabard.

I may be reading too much into your words, but when you say that we must be prepared to fight all 4 dragons and Angra Manyu, are you suggesting that your ls kills the dragons as well on a standard Beacedine clear run? From what we've been informed there seem to be two options open to us at the moment:
    1. A single kiter aggros Angra and kites the dragons all the way to the zone line as we pull off Angra and do not touch him untill the kiter has reached Ranguemont pass, at which point he is to be pummelled mercilessly.
    2. 8 Kiters. 4 Tanks, 4 Healers Kiter the dragons towards the zone and then use the towers to continue to kite and maintane hate throughout the battle while the main alliance kills Angra slowly so as not to pull hate, and then finishes him quickly near the end.

We've also heard of a Tactic of killing some of the dragons, while the others are kited (though from what we've heard when all dragons are killed before Angra is defeated they are respawned like crow/slime pets). If you could be a little more specific that'd really help us out.

Thanks~

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

PMed.

bah

althought my LS still needs to beat windy....

i would love to hear your strategies.

My Dynamis Alliance LS FUSE just beat Beaucidine for the second time. While we still don't have a "clean strategy", we have got it so that everyone gets the key item. Have one person agro the eye and all the dragons (preferably a thf) and start running towards NM lake. Everyone else needs to be away to make sure only the THF gets agro. Kite team(4 tank + 4 support) follow from behind. Once you get the dragons and eye to the ramp, Angra puller provokes the eye and runs back to Feiyin. Now everyone else(who we position SW of Feiyin) rushes towards Feiyin and Angra. Everyone should down a poison potion, we almost seriously wiped to his sleepga. BST and SMNs are excelllent here as their pets will home in on the eye after he ports. Monks rock on the eye, especially with 100 fists. When the dragons come back, kiters need to re agro the dragon and run towards the lake. We basically zoned the dragons all the way back to the entrance.

I too am interested in the strategy that you use on Angra, would you mind PMing me as well?

My LS just did the glacier for the very first time last saturday...and we kicked ass at it. We were able to beat this guy with relatively no deaths.

We had a thief with striders + powder boots aggro the eye and kite the dragons all the way to the trail markings. He got cursed at one point, but luckily had holy water on him. He got to the trail markings unscathed, at which point we all went down and fought the eye (we had a paladin + red mage kiting him around).

To fight him, we all just drank a poison potion and unleashed our 2 hours. We had whm/smn summon carbuncle to lead us to the eye whenever he teleported. I was afraid we'd have a lot of deaths, so we had bards cast goddess hymnus so everyone could reraise and get key item before the dragon came back, but this wasn't even an issue.

The strat worked well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Congrats! good job! now you should try the HNM shadows... huh! that's almost the same on diffeculty lvl.

We fought a couple of the Hydras last night.......Whats up with the Hydra Monk having Avengers, Shura pants, Shura Feet and wearing the level 30 Merc Cap body piece....good fun though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

check out the DRG they look tuff.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Beat Angra last night, went off without a hitch. Thanks guys :wink:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Seii
    Beat Angra last night, went off without a hitch. Thanks guys :wink:
    (Congratulations!)

May you never have to fight that little bastard ever again.

electrikALIEN

Need help badly...

I found your forums and was hoping you could offer some advice or strategy on beating this mo fo. My LS's second attempt at the glacier and both times we reached Angra. However, we simply cannot figure out a way to deal with the dragons as we beat down Angra. We've tried kiting to zone but as soon as the eye has hate, the dragons turn. Any, and I do mean ANY, info or strategy that you may have would be extremely helpful.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Re: Need help badly...

Quote Originally Posted by electrikALIEN
    We've tried kiting to zone but as soon as the eye has hate, the dragons turn.
    Think about this.

electrikALIEN

Re: Need help badly...

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn
    Quote Originally Posted by electrikALIEN
    We've tried kiting to zone but as soon as the eye has hate, the dragons turn.
    Think about this.
    I've read about a PLD holding Angra at the tower with just provoke while a kiter takes the dragons away, but honestly, it just doesn't seem to work.

We've tried killing a Pukis, but it automatically respawned.

I cannot think of a spell or ability that does not cause hate while keeping a mob in one place. I know you're trying to make a point, but I need more to work with.

ive told some people in your LS how to do it, not sure if they told the leader