Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question to The Order.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Question to The Order.

Just recently I saw your Kirin video, and I was extremely impressed by the video editing done by the recorder. It gave me new vigor in the game, and now my new goal is not only to get Blade: Ku, but also to fight Kirin.

But I'm digressing from my question. Twice in the video, people are talking in the movie (When the light skillchain goes off and when Kirin used Astral Flow.), just wondering, did you guys just put that into the movie, or did you actually use a program to talk in FFXI? Also, if it is a program, I'd like to know what it is. Thanks.

Hmm...unfortunately, that link seems to be broken for me. Thanks, though.

Site might be down, that is the name of the program we use though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

your name owns... "Howard" :D

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

You can also use teamspeak (goteamspeak.com). The software is free, but you will want to get a server to host your teamspeak because unless your PC and your have some kind of secret government high speed connection, your going to lag bad.

I got a site to host a server for me, its like 6 bucks a month. Cost of a headset or microphone is about 10-20 dollars, or you can get a super expensive one.

Its a pretty nice feature, alot easy to say OH SH#@, then type it, lol. Seriously though its pretty helpfull, check it out.

Smalls

cheap

Quote Originally Posted by smallhands
    You can also use teamspeak (goteamspeak.com). The software is free, but you will want to get a server to host your teamspeak because unless your PC and your have some kind of secret government high speed connection, your going to lag bad.

I got a site to host a server for me, its like 6 bucks a month. Cost of a headset or microphone is about 10-20 dollars, or you can get a super expensive one.

Its a pretty nice feature, alot easy to say OH SH#@, then type it, lol. Seriously though its pretty helpfull, check it out.

Smalls
    i run a server for the 6 members of my static i dont notice ANY lag.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I tried to host it, but tanking and lag weren't working that well, so outsourced it. Getting rdy to start dynamis runs soon, with up to about 20 licenses in use, so I figure why not

Howard!!! omg, Howard owns up Leviathan

woot! =D

Howard all up in this heezy. NUKKA

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

a different quandry

My question is not how you guys talk to each other, for I use Teamspeak, and know how the whole thing is done (voice chat makes ffxi at least 2x better imo), but my question is regarding how the conversation actually got on the video. When I use fraps, it records ffxi-in-game, game-related sound only inputed into it, at least to the best of my memory. The only other sound input that one would want for a video, plugged into the video real-time, would have to be voice chat. I can't really think of anything else that would be relevant.

But, how is this done?

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok, for the voices on the video. I am not entirely sure which way Ondori did it, but most of us do use Ventrilo when playing. Which for those who didn't know, is a seperate program you can run while playing FF. On ventrilo itself, there is a way to record people though I am not entirely sure how. So it was either that, or the fact that Ondori actually uses a camera to record.

If Veritas reads this, he can probably tell you as well because he somehow managed to record Imperatrix saying "Compendium" 8)

And they also used to try to record me saying "Boyhada Moss" :/

I feel retarded posting this.

How do I use this program? I already downloaded and installed it, just wondering how it works, and how I set up the voice chatting in the actual game.