Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stuck in Sky Help please     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Stuck in Sky Help please

Last night I finally got sky after 1.5yrs anyway check this out. I zoned into sky for the first time, started cutscene, and all of a sudden the game started crawling. It was almost like Lag, but I mean for me to type "Call a GM, Stuck in zone" to my friend it took 10 min. I had my friend log my account in under guest from his machine and he got me out of cutscene and zoned my character twice. I logged on saw, Berticus and was so happy I was in sky(a little nervous of those dolls in the blue light). Then I sent a /tell to Avv, to say /sea all Endo, and then my game did the same thing, complete lag death. So now I am stuck in sky can't move, I sent a GM call and they were the ones who suggested having my friend log my character and get it through cutscene. Then it happened again......... any suggestions? Someone told me to uninstal Zilart because a file is corrupt, but {Updates} {You can have this} {Death}

Sea Torques
    BG Level

buy a dell

You have to consider reinstalling Zilart, because would you rather have to download something for 3 hours or lag in sky forever?

I hope that fixes the problem.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I heard of someone having this problem before. Where they can't go into sky or something of that sort.. I think you just have you reinstall or redownload the stuff. ^^;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That happened once to somone I know upon zoning into Fei'yin, sounds like you have to reinstall.

That happened once to somone I know upon zoning into Fei'yin, sounds like you have to reinstall.
    You think I can just get away with reinstalling Zillart expansion? If I do that do I have to do promitha as well since it was installed afterwards?[/quote]

Black Belt
    BG Level

if you can only uninstall Zilart than maybe. i've never tried to uninstall any parts of the game so i'm not really sure.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think that you will have to uninstall the whole game, I do believe that is what the GM who came to help the person stuck zoning into Fei'yin said.

Black Belt
    BG Level

well Fei'Yin was an original zone so there's no way you can reinstall Fei'Yin without uninstalling the original game.

i know that in some games when you install an expansion, on the Add/Remove Programs, the expansions are listed separately so you can choose to only uninstall the expansion without getting rid of the whole game.

/sigh I guess I am stuck then. What a pain.

Aye thanks I just thought about that same thing too. I think I can uninstal just from Zilart, but will probably have to uninstal Promo as well since it was installed afterwards. Funny how players are giving me better advice then the GM who told me I should give my POL ID to someone in the game to log me on through their cpu (Luckily my friend plays) Thanks guys

New Merits
    BG Level

I dont think youll have to uninstall CoP since zilart and CoP seem to be 2 standalone expansions, maybe im wrong though.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Endo, did you get this fixed? I am from the Serph Server and I had the same problem. I zoned into sky and was stuck in a blackscreen. I went to a friends house finished my cut and then zone out. If all I have to do is reinstall Ziltar to fix this that would be easy. Please let me know if thats how you fixed it.

:D Well I think I fixed it. First things first DO NOT call POL they will just tell you to reinstal all of FFXI. Anyway I deleted ZM and reinstalled it then did a diskdegraf and diskcleanup. I loaded game, and started to lose connection with the server numerous times. I logged and shut down antivirus and firewall and logged in again and all seemed fine. A little upset because I could not see the cutscene, but at least it works now. Gonna try to zone to sky again this weekend and see if all is well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm glad that you didn't have to go thought the pain of installing FFXI from scratch.

As for the cutscene, you should be able to watch it by trading an item to the goblin footprints near the entrance. Since you entered the zone, it probably flagged that cutscene as over, so the cutscene viewing goblin will be your friend.