Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Q for the Blue's Summoners..

I finally picked up another job, which I chose Summoner. It was about time -.- I've had a fucking lv 75BST since June, needed variety! Anyways..I've recently hit 72 and I have obtained my AF2 gloves and AF2 legs, but my question is.

Does the "Enhance Avatar Accuracy" from AF2 hands stack with the "Enhance Avatar Accuracy" from AF1 legs? I've tested it myself and I can't see any 'big' difference. I've have even asked other Summoner's on my server, they insist they stack...but I just cant see it -.- I tested this on IT++ mobs btw.

Have any of you SMN tested it and seen big enough results to tell if they stack or not ;/?

As a 73 summoner it really does

The acc both stack so your blood pacts and other avatar attacks are less likely to miss.

Summoning Magic skill capped also help ask Imperatrix she'd agree with me

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse
    As a 73 summoner it really does

The acc both stack so your blood pacts and other avatar attacks are less likely to miss.

Summoning Magic skill capped also help ask Imperatrix she'd agree with me
    summoning magic does not effect blood pacts from avatars. It just helps you summon elementals faster, it sucks if ya ask me. You can have a summoning magic skill of 1 and mountain buster will do the same dmg on the mob as a summoner with the skill capped.

edit: here we go, jesus, the minute you type in ff11 on yahoo, you have one billion websites where you can buy gil from.

http://ffo.warcry.com/scripts/columns/v ... =21&id=306

8 ) Exactly how does the SMN "summoning" skill affect avatars?

The summoning skill affects the chance of interruption when a spell is being cast, as well as the casting time of summoned spirits (i.e. Earth Spirit, Water Spirit, etc.).

On the site note, they said FF11 can handle characters up to Lv255

Its my belief thats a load of crap and I will stick to what i believed

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

the problem with this topic is that we only have 2 summoners, one of which rarely reads forums, and the other moved home to brazil for a bit. i'll try and get ahold of them so they can help you out. i believe that they have had the af youre talking about for a while so hopefully they know

our ls is kinda empty when it comes to your 2 jobs. sorry sir.

Job Min Level Need
    Beastmaster 75 High
    Summoner 75 Very High

i think the above is still true, probably the only jobs we'd think about recruiting right now.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Hehe, well whatever can be done to help is appreciated ;x

I don't know if I would agree with that SMN Magic skill -only- helps spirits. I did my own tests and this is what I came out with..

Lv 70 -Spinning Dive- on Decorative Weapons in sky:
    193SMN skill: 20 trials, total dmg 21504 (low 932;high 1227)
    207SMN skill: 20 trials, total dmg 22256 (low 1017;high 1237)
    238SMN skill: 20 trials, total dmg 22694 (low 1006;high 1248)

I've tried to figure out some mathematical sense out of it, but there isnt a constant number to 1SMN skill point; I'm starting to believe its some % value that is added. Another theory is that SMN magic just moves the possible high and low ranges of damage of the BP, but that idea is a little farfetch'd...or at least I think so...

I dunno really, but I definently see a increase of Avatar BP damage with more SMN magic. It does however, do what the interview question said it does.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I'm not in Blue Gartr but I figure I'll throw in my 2 cents

I have actually put my AF1 pants into storage because the + avatar accuracy on them doesn't seem to effect the Lvl 70 Blood Pacts from what I have seen. I now just wear my Zenith Slacks for the +50 MP (I'm an Elvaan so it helps). The + avatar accuracy seems to really only effect avatar melee as opposed to the Blood Pacts so they would be good to keep on you for solo purposes if you fight higher than EP, but otherwise I wouldn't bother taking them out of storage anymore. You could be all fancy and use an equip swap macro to put the Af1 pants back on after you have used the 50 MP Zenith Slacks give but quite frankly I like the look of Zenith more and my inventory space so I don't bother <.<

I have been doing Dynamis since June and only seen 2 pieces of SMN Af2 drop ever and both of those were way before I even started playing SMN so I haven't had a chance to obtain them. I would like to try them out with the Af1 pants and see if combined they make a noticeable difference on say using Predator Claws on an HNM, but if they work like the pants I don't think combining them will make 1 bit of difference.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Its my belief thats a load of crap and I will stick to what i believed

It comes directly from SE. So yes, it's a load of crap.

Zigma go play smn then tell me if u feel the same way
    or ask Imp.
    Don't belive everything u read cuase it says Square Enix on it jees

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Square-Enix > Steam Cleaner > Nuff Said

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

another note: that interview was in june of 04, long before they "buffed" or "changed" smn bp and crap, possibly they changed smn magic working into bp dmg in that one patch. at least i think so from testing it myself and seeing the difference ;x

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I wish the would add that crazy fucking summon from FFIII

PURPLE FUCKING DINOSAUR!!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Zigma go play smn then tell me if u feel the same way
    or ask Imp.
    Don't belive everything u read cuase it says Square Enix on it jees

i dunno why you are so hostile towards my reply. I've asked Yanyu and Azjol about the summoning skill but OK. If YOU say that it goes by what you think then everyone else, including me and other summoners who are 65+ are wrong.

and btw, I didnt just make up what i posted. I actually dug around and I posted that link because i knew something like this would come about.

also, something to look at are the modifications made on 9/14/04 which are:

-Avatars can now participate in skillchains and magic bursts by carefully
    timing the use of the ability "Blood Pact." Astral Flows also can be
    timed to magic burst.
    -The damage and accuracy of several avatar attacks have been adjusted.
    -Avatar TP will now enhance the potency of magical Blood Pact abilities.
    Just as with normal player TP, after the ability the avatar's TP will be
    reset to zero. Avatar TP does not affect physical Blood Pact techniques,
    and thus TP will not be lost after an avatar uses one of these abilities.
    -Avatar TP is gained like player TP. Dealing and recieving damage, including magic damage. It is lost after any magic ability.
    -Using avatar abilities without TP results in the normal strength.

Don't think im trying to slam the book on you. I'm sorry if you think i was bieng an asshole but the truth is i'm not, if i'm wrong or i'm misinforming then a simple reply without the "OMFGZ STFU GO PLAY SMN" attitude would be enough to say I am wrong. Many people have agreed that the summoner job is somewhat broken.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Geez what a mess lol

Sorry I didn´t answer earliler, but as yummy said I am away taking care of some things for a little while ^^

Anyways, those do stack but you see any "omg huge difference", but the results are theredon´t worry.

As for the Summoning Magic Skill, I am an adept of the theory that it does affect avatar dmg, acc and etc, since the time I saw a smn friend that was lvl 62 astral flow a mob for less dmg than me when I was still lvl 59 and the difference between us was basically just smn skill lvl, because even though I was lower lvl my smn skill was higher than his.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I meant "you won´t see any "omg huge difference" " sorry =P lol

I thought SMN magic skill also effects how potent earthen ward is?