Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Omg....     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Omg....

I'm currently on Gilgamesh server and I kinda fell inlove with this LS, and im 57 Pld and rising fast (haven't leveld in months, work), but on Gilgamesh to join Spoondaggers (best LS) as a Pld is level 65-70 depending on Equipment. I wanted to go to Bahamut server bacause of this LS but looking at the requirments kinda got me not wanting to now... Special requirements Ninja sub for Pld Care to tell me why?
    Well, i'll be checking this tread every hour or so, I'm going to read more stuff on the site and see if I should switch servers.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Utsusemi

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Then you won't be able to voke unless Thf is there to SATA and you try to get hate.

Shield Bash
    Sentinel
    Defender
    Flash
    Rampart
    Cure yourself

is all I can think off....

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Provoke is not the only way a PLD can hold hate...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Kill Vrtra and get that voke helm then go PLD/NIN 4tw...

If you had a Provoke Helm wouldn't /mnk be more useful? I mean you can hold hate with PLD only abilities anyway and mnk has more vit, HP and boost (for hate) and PLD have shitty evasion and would probably get mauled while trying to put up shadows. '~')

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    If you had a Provoke Helm wouldn't /mnk be more useful? I mean you can hold hate with PLD only abilities anyway and mnk has more vit, HP and boost (for hate) and PLD have shitty evasion and would probably get mauled while trying to put up shadows. '~')
    LOL ?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm, PLD/NIN is for utsusemi and when utsusemi goes down, they have defense to take the mauling...unlike a real NIN lol

What i meant is that low skill in ninjutsu means easier to get interupted, on slow enemies (and i mean real slow) this wouldn't be a problem, but normal paced mobs would give you trouble trying to throw up Ichi. i'd hate to see a pld/nin tank byakko >.< leave utsu for people with decent evasion and good (re)cast times. o_o;

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sure give it lots of tp :D#

TP FOR MY BUNGHOLE!!!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

A good pld/nin shouldn't get hit when recasting. Also with the voke helm and /mnk, you'd get ass raped instead of just using shadows and not getting touched at all.

Also Randi, ninja sub is useful against HNMs that hit hard. It's not hard to hold hate without provoke. The battle plan is simply changed to where there is less bulk damage and more damage over time or to where the pld can still control the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by "Amarao
    A good pld/nin shouldn't get hit when recasting. Also with the voke helm and /mnk, you'd get ass raped instead of just using shadows and not getting touched at all.

Also Randi, ninja sub is useful against HNMs that hit hard. It's not hard to hold hate without provoke. The battle plan is simply changed to where there is less bulk damage and more damage over time or to where the pld can still control the mob.
    They shouldn't but that doesn't mean they won't besides, i see PLD/NIN being good for Slow attackers and PLD/MNK for fast ones.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

They shouldn't but that doesn't mean they won't besides, i see PLD/NIN being good for Slow attackers and PLD/MNK for fast ones.
    PLD/NIN are good for fast attackers also provided that they have haste. Bards also add nicely with their marches. As you can see, I could hold fafnir all day as long as my awesome mage and bard friends are doing their job as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Berticus on main BG page
    The fight for Fafnir which ended with our 5th Ridill was probably the most intense Fafnir ever. For the first time, we had NA competition. Luckily we were prepared for and won the early pop. Then, we Flashed a Darter x). So we were stuck with an ill-positioned Fafnir, 5 darters and a laggy crowd who didn't reenter, /shouting and /saying occassional obnoxious remarks. It was all good though. We got into a pretty dangerous condition, but between keeping cool and efficiently taking out the darters and a single PLD tanking an unslept Fafnir for 10 minutes, it was all good.
    Besides, where has anyone ever seen pld/mnk? I have not. Even with the provoke helm, pld/nin would be seen as the more plausable choice for every PLD I know.

Well, I stand corrected :wink:

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Elcura, you're Ulmega in game correct? I think I read that somewhere. Good rdm^^

New Merits
    BG Level

what advantage would pld/mnk have over pld/war... like 10 hp?

Quote Originally Posted by Amarao
    Elcura, you're Ulmega in game correct? I think I read that somewhere. Good rdm^^
    Yes, same goes to you and thanks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by bait
    what advantage would pld/mnk have over pld/war... like 10 hp?
    more like 200HP, but still wouldnt matter cause 1 hit from HNM would make that go away while utsu:Ni will save you from 600dmg XD

I too need some advice on tanking HNMs. Currently my NIN is 67 and rising, and I plan to enter an HNMLS and start kicking some ass.

I have heard from people I should take lots of DEF and boiled crabs or whatnot, because evasion items are worthless on HNMs? At least, thats what I've heard.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

IMO best ENDGAME gear for NIN are the following 2 sets

HP Gears
    &
    Haste Gears
    HP Gears wont get u one shot as easily...and can never go wrong with a 27second(or something like that)on Ni with full haste gear + Haste =x