Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beginner HNM Tank     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Beginner HNM Tank

Hey everyone.
    I'm just about ready to hit level 65 PLD, and ready to start tanking my first HNMs (Roc, Serket, Bune, just the weak ones). I'll definately be wearing a Jelly Ring and Earth Staff during the fight. Is 65 a good level to start, or should I probably wait a few more levels?
    The only reason I'm in such a rush is that I have a great LS that doesn't have a high level tank, but other than that we're ready to start some lower level HNMs.
    All advice taken graciously ˆˆ

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

a bunch of 65s cant take bune, serket, roc at all. I think you should let the HNMs go until you hit 72/73.

Err... Our LS probably has 10 70-75s, and unfortunately no tank. I'm not talking about a party of only 65+s.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You could tank Roc and Simurgh prolly. Serket you will still aggro the stuff in the basement, so hold off. Bune hits really hard compared to the others. Try tanking like Lumber Jack or Simurgh or something. Also if u have the CoP stuff done, Boroka in RiverneB01 has very nice gil drops and a good mage earring.

Aye, thanks, never thought of Simurgh. I'll look into that ^^

Simurgh and Roc are the more common easy ones. At 65 though, I'd probaly bring 2 tanks with me. I'd say 70 is a better number to start solo tanking even these easy ones. Also, your LS should look into getting atleast another PLD, if not a nin or two. There are many cases where it is extremely helpful to have more then one tank. Also, there are many advantages to nin's against certain HNM's. Not that it's not possible with a PLD, just a little more difficult in some cases. I would not try to tank Bune, Serket, Amikiri with just one PLD.