Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alchemy Funds     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Alchemy Funds

Hello guys. I am wondering, I currently have about 3.8 million left in my bank and I am going to full invest it in to getting my alchemy as high as I can go. With that being said, I am at 63 and I am wondering about how much higher I can get given the funds at my disposal.

I would have picked another craft now that I have the cash at hand. But damn the cost of everything is astronomical compared to when I started goldsmithing and blacksmithing.

Thanks for yout thoughts.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

With 3.8mil, and the skill level you are now, you should have 0 problem getting it to 100.

Its a pretty cheap craft to level from what i've heard. It also depends on the server you are on. The materials for skill up might cost more or less depending on your servers economy.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So that would explain why my last several levels in alchemy have cost me over 1 mil each? and im 98.6 right now...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar
    So that would explain why my last several levels in alchemy have cost me over 1 mil each? and im 98.6 right now...

over 1 mil before or after the item is sold?

also, how much did it cost you to get from 1-50 and from 50 to 90.

I have a friend who is 98 in alchemy on one of his mules and he tells its cheap as hell to get to 100. This is bahamut btw. Is alchemy that expensive in unicorn?

looking at the recipes that cap at 100, A lot of them are not that much.

Well it could cost that much if you are trying to pwr lvl your craft without worrying about return on your investment. I myself tried to pwr lvl cloth in the beginning and got it to 45 and lost a TON of gilz. Then I took a step back and started to really look at what I was making and how to get return on my investment. My cloth is now at 70 and it cost a ton to skill up (stupid silk price's) but at the same time I will lvl for a bit (maybe .8-2.0) then make my money back on consumables until I reach the funds I had when I started. Hence it has costed me a total of 175K for my last 10 lvls. I actually keep a log now just for my cloth and gold to make sure I dont lose track on what I am actually spending (the new AH tax's kinda suck). Not sure if Alchemy is the same but the best thing about crafting is Desynth. Get a few paintings in your mog about 10 stacks of lightning crystals and start. I am 40 lvls above what I desynth and I will HQ every 8/10 then maybe critical fail 1-2. If you stick to a plan of lvl ...... then craft for gilz till you got your money back ......... lvl you will be more then fine with the gilz you got

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

30k Wyvern Wing
    20k Ahriman Wings

That is at least 70k+ a synth an average rate of 4 per 0.1 so 70x4=280k for 0.1 then like a 35% return for 98k return so like 180k for 4 then ~20-40 for 1.0 skill so thats like 910-1820k per 1.0 .... not exactly cheap

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

30k Wyvern Wing
    20k Ahriman Wings

That is at least 70k+ a synth an average rate of 4 per 0.1 so 70x4=280k for 0.1 then like a 35% return for 98k return so like 180k for 4 then ~20-40 for 1.0 skill so thats like 910-1820k per 1.0 .... not exactly cheap
    I think thats very cheap. Most of the crafts 96-100 will always cost some stupid crazy ass price.

Look at woodworking

Iron-Splitter is what you usually make to get 100
    Ingredients: Walnut Lumber x2, Adaman Ingot LOL

At a skill of 98, you can make a little bit of gil to fund your 96-100 by making silent oils and powder which sell fast and you can HQ it half the time.

I remember i saw a Lv35 pld, He was rank 2. I checked him and he had almost everything for that level +1 and his craft was alchemy. He was crafting Silent oils over and over and the price history showed him selling most of it at a decent rate.

speaking of wood, lancewood log is up to 170k now :3 iknatun got one in dynamis bcd today :3 wood skill up is significantly harder now i think. from whatever cythara angelica is to 100 is like lancewood and iron splitter and oxtongue(also adaman) i think.

wonder why it went so high

30k Wyvern Wing
    20k Ahriman Wings
    Wow, that blows. A stack of Wyvern Wings on my server is like 45K and Ahriman's are a bit less.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Its okay, they are going up still on Unicorn lol... 37k last sale of Wyvern Wing and Pro-ether don't sell basically lol

With the alchemists here on this thread, I have a question for skilling up.

I'm @ 69 Alchemy. It only cost me 350k to PL my craft to 53 in 3 days. My Skill Up list says to do Paralysis Dust until 72: Desynth 3-Eyed Fish or 2 Puffballs. Each synth isn't expensive as it is hard to come by the materials. Any other recipes at this level range good for skill ups? My friend told me Spartan Bullets, which is why i'm now leveling Smithing up for. If you have any suggestions, i'd appreciate it.

On the profit part of this topic, making Silver Bullets can net you a nice profit if you have high enough alchemy for it. Even at my current level, i'll spend a day making Silver Bullets and selling them on various mules. One of my mules has obtained well over 700k just on these bullets.

I did the Spartan Bullet route. And you WILL lose your ass on them. They are not overly expensive but there is next to no return on them. People just don't seem to use them (at least on my server)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

3.8mil will get you from 80 ta 100 on midgrad from our prices ; ; stupid giant bird feathers 41k a stack bees wax 24k a stack philo stones 1mil+ ; ; somtimes i hate my server