+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Servers?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Servers?

Well, we all know by now that square has just taken its first actions against gil sellers and MPKers, but here is my b ig question. Everyone on Seraph server disconnected when this event took place, and after we all had re logged it seemed as if the entire server had reset.

So what do you guys think, should we be standing around here camping the HNM's or is it just useless because it wasnt "really" an official server reset?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

if it was i think they wouldve at least gave us a system message warning like they usually do before conducting server maintenance. but if they were behind this then they suck cuz a lot of people were doing important things right when the servers went down.

we all got dropped too 5 min before nidhogg popped
    but a lot happened after that and we got it anyway X)

i do think its ghey everyone got kicked just to ban some assholes though

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

servers got reset. NMs started popping up everywhere.

are you sure it wasnt just time for the ones that popped? we just killed nidhogg a few min ago..

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

we were hopeing to try for fafnir... 10minutes left and what happend?
    gm probably thought to himself, too many NAs, lets restart the server

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Ok, official word on seraph was that the servers were not reset. We were a little currious because one of the well known JP HNM shells headed directly out to behemoths dom. right after everyone got back on, however i think that his ToD was just up.

After camping some money HNM's (serket and roc) for 3 hours we decided that the servers had not infact been reset, and square just had the servers reject all connections for a period of time.

Thanks to those who posted.

indeed, i think the crash just delayed the pop time for about 30 secs. Nidhogg popped on me...and my heart pumped like crazy ..i was like OMGOMG..but grats to BG on the kill.. ^_^

ooo we just got done killing fafnir, and while we were trying to D2 everyone servers crashed, lucky us lol so whatcha get from niddy BG?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

As far as I understand it caused the times to reset -- either that or Simurgh, Roc, King Artho, Nidhogg, and adaman king all had the same exact windows. >.> I couldn't be there to confirm all of these pops, but everyone was going crazy saying this one's up, that one's up, etc. Then again, rumor's spread fast.

Not to be a dick, but is it coincidental that this little "event" of SE's took place during NA time? Well, whatever, that's neither here nor there. The big thing is, a little warning would have been nice. Anyone who was in Dynamis, camping a HNM during it's window (ie; BG), etc just got screwed. We were getting god pop items, and luckily hadn't gone far enough in to be needing sneak yet, but what if we had? We'd log back in and find ourselves dead.

Black Belt
    BG Level

but server resets in NA times is a good thing. even if we log back in dead.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

I wish they'd post a list of names of which accounts exactly were banned.

If song was banned I'm gonna cry.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

choco prices were still 1k+ on shiva when we logged on, so easy way to see that server wasnt reset.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I doubt that it was a reset, HQ pops of NMs do not happen after resets and we had plenty of Nidhogg action last night.

Several HNM had pop windows during the event, it is possible that several did. I guess we will see tonight though.