+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me out..     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Help me out..

Ok on my server claiming hnm against the jp is nearly imposible...
    so far we have killed aspid Kb, those are the Big ones we have of course killed kirin many a timer he is getting boring.
    we kill Roc serket all those np.

But!!! every time we go to camp fafnir it always pop purple, is this that jp see the mob .3 secs b4 us or what?

Or maby its because the jp on our server have no life i mean they have mules logged out at the Hq hnm sighted just to get timers....

they are at EVERY camp no matter what time they always have people there.

I was just wondering what you think on this matter and any tips on claiming These hq hnm that the jp seem to have a tight grip on.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Have you tried camping it when fafnir gets pushed to our time? Or do they lock it down to keep it during jp time? Best time to camp those nms are 12pm-5pm

ummmm it doesnt matter what time the Hnm is in these Jp are at every camp no matter what and they always seem to bring 18+ people to every camp.....
    Its getting so annoying

id also like to know what you think of this so called "Latency Issue" between jp and na...

Same on our server, almost all the big HNM's pop purple to us. Doesn't matter what time of day or what day of the week there are 3 big JP shells that are at all the camps round the clock so getting the pull has so far proved to be if not impossible practically impossible. I don't think it's latency as much as it is them using bots on the ps2. Our ls has decided not to use bots while all the JP ls's do bot. So, that seems to be the problem. Other na ls's on our server do use bots and still can't win the pull. Again I don't think its latency, just think the jp's have better bots. We have mules at all pretty much all the hnm's so poptimes are easy for us but winning the pull is an up hill battle.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

damn that sucks. Fafnir always pops unclaimed for me.

http://www.microsqft.com/files/fafnir.zip

I've gotten the claim a few times and my flash has been beaten by voke at 60% a few times :\

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We tested latency between players in various party of the world awhile ago. People in Asia had a dramatically lower ping time than people in North America (I think it was 20ms in Asia compared to 200ms in NA) when they used the command prompt to ping the Bahamut server.

Even a NA bot is going to have trouble claiming a NM head to head against a JP who does not bot if the JP is paying attention and has even decent reflexes, since the mob is going to appear that much faster for the JP.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

JP ping ranges from 1-100ms

Seattle or west coast NAs are about 250-500ms

JPs could have 1/2 a second more time to claim the mob ... seems small, but it's the difference between winning and losing.

Hmmm im wondering how bg claimes these hq hnm such as faffy, nidhogg, KB.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Remote computer that i have in japan that runs at about 5ms, is 3 hops from server. It has a unique IP that has a http frontend that runs a server side javascript that call pre-loaded self made DLLs which executes the game, then call keyboard or mouse commands thru Windows DDK that log on 1-3 characters that reside in the 3 HNM zones. I can then use these simple http frontend to log into the game remotely and in the back ground i have written a Self starting service that executes on start up and reads the /tell logs on the computer... it then parses out this information and looks for a tell by ondori, and understand 2 commnads, Start Spam and Stop Spam. When any of these commands are sent it then gets us our 1337 U83R-dup3r pulls....

or we just could be patient enough to go to every pop and have some luck.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

damn, microsqft.com is down

Rooster i dident understand crap of what you said but sounds complicated...

so what ur saying is that basicly we just have to get lucky...

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

LOLZ!! Yes, rooster was making a joke. Pretty much BG gets 90% of the spawns because they are diligent, always there, and dnot stop camping because of a bad pull/mised claim. There is no guarentee that you or some other LS will get the pop. Yes the JPs have a 'slight' advantage, but it doesn't mean you will never get a claim. You just have to be patient and eventually your LS' time will come.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

a miracle happened today... at dragon aery, 99+ in zone, xavier got the claim. we wont see that for 15 more years.

Well the ls im in is at every hq hmn camp that we can make it to...
    so basicly the ones in our time.

we always see them pop purple i geuss this doesnt happen to you because you "Claim them 90% of the time" Im wondering why this doesnt happen to you, and what you think about this.

this isnt about being patient or going to every camp because we do that and we have yet to claim an Hq hnm when there is 20+ jp at the camp...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

no, we lose claim 90% of the time. (did somebody say we claimed 90%?) so, it does happen to us. it's no different. well, today was different as ondori said. but yesterday we got nidhogg because we were patient and waited for our chance. i think more than half of our nidhogg kills (3 of 5 maybe) came from the claiming ls dying.

sorry miss red >_<

hmm so your saying you just have to get lucky on the pulls....

But.... how are the Jp ls on your servers? they at every single camp 24/7?
    j/w
    It seams like Siren has about 3 major jp ls and they always claim everything.