Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

News: Rivals at Fafnir (front page - summary incl)

Summary
    We win multiple claims and post-zenmetsu claims vs Japanese LS GGxxEExxHH. They begin to snap back with insuring themselves a turbo voke war on Fafnir, an MPK attempt, and false accusations that we ignore random rules. It's BS.

But read it anyway.
    First Day
    Nidhogg pops within 2-3 minutes of the servers undergoing very heavy stress and kicking almost every person, including JP. The LS consisting of 3 JP LSes that teams up wins the claim on Nidhogg. All LSes there run around and wait. Most leave because they think the 3 LSes have it under control, but we remained patient. GGxxEExxHH or w/e died and we won the claim and killed Nidhogg.

Second Day.
    Fafnir pops and we win claim. Yes, Xavier won the claim over the 3-4 NA LSes there as well as GGxxEExxHH or w/e. We kill it and from future events, I guess GGxxEExxHH got really pissed off that they lost a claim to a gaijin, even one who got us all almost killed before by miss voking a darter.

Third Day

Before the pop times, GGxxEExxHH clears darters so that they can use their connection to guarantee themselves the claim with 150-200ms faster server response. Whenever we have won claim - whether it be NA (3 times: Malign, Mitzki, Xavier) or JP (a few more times) it's because of the concentration and luck required to pull among the darters. In response, we kill the next set of darters strategically so that hopefully they pop a few seconds before Fafnir does. I don't see how this is any less ethical than their clearing - we were both using the darters intelligently to both of our advantages. Moreover, Winona, an RDM from GGxxEExxHH casted poison on a darter that went unclaimed, leaving it unsleepable and hitting Lito. He called this RDM on MPK and her response:

There's nothing more convincing of a willful attempt to try to MPK us with our own darters. In my opinion this is where either of the LSes began to act unscrupulously. A lot of says followed in which GGxxEExxHH 'apologized' for MPKing, while Winona insisted that she had just gotten back from AFK, and that poison was a miss. Bullshit. So was the "^^" I guess? They started the crap, they couldn't take ONE claimed Fafnir vs NAs (whereas we have taken double digits' worth in stride vs JPs) so they had to stoop to this crap. Anyway, they kept voking after we had timed a kill, they got 1 darter, they still got Fafnir with a Darter blocking their spam (guess they didn't need to clear them huh?) and they died. Seeing Namie say "Flail" was pretty comforting, and for the hell of it, it served them right. We went back, pulled it, and won. And killed it.

Fourth day.

We decide to do KB over Nidhogg despite Fafnir window being one hour earlier, because we want KB more, but we saw Fafnir had popped. Lain's LS won the initial claim, got Darters, and died. After that GGxxEExxHH, Anbu, and BG were there. Anbu went with a lot of people, put up a pretty good fight, but couldn't get it rolling and ended up getting flailed. At this point:
    **No random offer had been made by ANY LS there to us**
    GGxxEExxHH had maybe 10 or less people there and was NOT ready to pull (this is proven by later events). We judged them to be not ready as they had 2 PLD/WHM tanks(???) and had not said anything about random.
    Fafnir was unclaimed.

So we pulled. We had a rough start, and Fafnir did a 90 degree and almost spike flailed. He didn't, but it was still otherwise insanely hard at the beginning. I would estimate it took us 30 minutes or more to get it to 60%. Around 60% HP, Fkai began asking in tell why we didn't random. Ed, while tanking mega Fafnir (I don't know how to explain it, maybe the previous LSes pissed it off), talked in say for about 40 minutes from 60% to death saying "You guys weren't ready" "You guys didn't offer a random" "You can't not offer random before and then expect us to random after we've begun to fight," which were all true. Fkai began an insanely rude rant about how we disregard the rules (as if randoming after the fact that they werent ready is a requirement) and saying how we were gaijins and we dont respect the rules and how other JP LSes should see we don't random.
    All of Fkai's claims are lies. We have randomed so many times for NMs -every- time on KB/aspid/nidhogg where it's come to the point of multiple LSes being there who have 1) not yet zenmetsud 2) the ability to kill the NM. We've randomed with PG on multiple occassions for Fafnir or Nidhogg (but never woFn), we've just recently randomed with SekaixLS and Anbu for KB, we one time randommed with Taiki's LS for KB a long time ago, and won, but uchino didn't zenmetsu. We respect common HNM etiquette and that is proven by history. Ask PG, ask Sekaix, ask Wayfarer, ask Anbu. GGxxEExxHH (or w/ewwwww) just seems pissed that they were unable to kill yet another Fafnir, although they've done it multiple times before, as if those weren't enough.

It's unfortunate that Ed was the only line of communication between us and them, and that now they all say "i hate ed" and "ed's LS is unethical," but it's bs. I guess this statement won't help much since they're mainly targetting JP LSes to try to ruin our reputation, but other NA LSes should be careful if they're competing with GGxxEExxHH. They cannot take a loss without some sort of sour retaliation as is proven by 1) Their attempt to turn Fafnir into a turbo voke war to be guaranteed the claim within 99% of all probability, 2) Their attempt to MPK us when we were trying to counteract their darter clearing with our darter clearing 3) Their attempt to call a random AFTER not having called a random before we went, and AFTER we had fought Fafnir for 25 or more minutes. [/quote]

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

why thread?

edit: Oh, i see Nvm. I'll pop my opinion later :X

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

MPK?

I would also like to add that several spiders were trained to the zoneline preventing people from reentering the zone. If it was an open attempt to mpk us as we rezoned or just a shanty shield to buy them time it worked, one of our whms was killed at the zoneline after reentering. I have to side with you guys on this one, kinda crap that they bullshit around ethics after trying to mpk us while we rezoned.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Here's another thing you might want to hear:

They win the claim (no surprise there) and start fighting it and we escape out and re-enter right away. As we are moving through the boyahda tree, we hear that they are in trouble and might wipe.

We arrive to the zone line and see some of their members standing on the zone line on the boyahda side. A few of our mages are greeted with an army of spiders right as they zone into dragon's aery. Of course this very well could have been an honest zone by them due to aggro. But, the number of spiders right on the zone line was quite a bit suspicious considering it would be a good way to slow down another linkshell from getting the claim. One of our whms was greeted with all those spiders right when she zoned in and pretty much got instant death. So, we were forced to rush in with 1 whm. Also, right as we were about to drop off to claim fafnir, one of their blms may have bound a spider next to one of our members. I didn't check the log at the time b/c we were about ready to go in and claim so I can't confirm it for sure. I do know that one of their blms did cast something on the spider we ended up getting hit by it.

I'm not trying to make excuses. We lost b/c a few people made mistakes and someone in our alliance triggered the spike flail killing us off and not because of the army of spiders trained to the zone line. However, hearing some of these other stories as posted in this thread make me believe that these actions may have been intentional.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think it's pretty stupid that they tried to put the whole /random crap even after they won the claim and zenmitsu. (They are the same LS who won the pull right? I wasnt sure. I was busy killing vivian lol)

I don't mean to sound anti-whatever but a good way of avoiding something like this is not to rush in 5 seconds after the other people wiped and claim.

I remember Uchino (Holy's LS) did the same thing and they got pretty much screamed by a lot of people and was forced to hand over fafnir to us.

From what i've seen (camping fafnir at 7am-11am) When another LS wipes, everyone leaves it unclaimed for like a good 2-3min. A bunch of /shout goes on etc. Just because a LS looks like they aren't ready does not mean they can't kill it. But, with that said I do agree with the gayness in this and yeah, they wiped and wanted to get on the /random which is unfair.

That's pretty sad, at least know you know japan has as many kids playing as the rest of the world.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

LS's have been clearing Darters on Phoenix for weeks vs. WildSeven. It's not a new tactic. And also no one randoms on Phoenix, when a LS is all dead its voke spam.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Wow, people claim when they can't hold until they can win or just win flat out? lol...... amazing. God can I be on your server? Christ lol..

Ish
    Persistence HNMLS
    Garuda

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

this thread failed lol

Xavier

The thread has been viewed 719 times, it was only created to further spread the story of what happened. Deeming it failed because you only had the chance to grace it with 1 insightful post hardly merits such a strong declaration. While on the subject of Fafnir, I heard you went Nazi yesterday on Anbu, care to explain?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    The thread has been viewed 719 times, it was only created to further spread the story of what happened. Deeming it failed because you only had the chance to grace it with 1 insightful post hardly merits such a strong declaration. While on the subject of Fafnir, I heard you went Nazi yesterday on Anbu, care to explain?

nope, because then this thread will be 10 pages :wink:

E. Body
    BG Level

We love 卍

I know its not as "HNM" as you guys, but we had crap happen between NewHope and Hokuten.

Since we figured rule was wipe-out, then its free claim, we had one death, and Simurgh was unclaimed for about .2 seconds where Hokuten proceeded to claim and kill it, then only apologizing for the miscomunication after they killed it. I watched Simurgh pretty much go Red to purple. This then started a flame war on Allakhazam.

If things like your case and ours can't be communicated even between NAHNMLS's its unlikely that the case can be brought to JPHNMLS

Almost makes me want to say, screw it, you lose claim for whatever reason, its fair game. But I have to be the bigger person.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Almost makes me want to say, screw it, you lose claim for whatever reason, its fair game. But I have to be the bigger person.
    Yea.... breaking up with your girl-friend too find she is a lesbian is rough

Teehehe

O_o; that's... ouch

i really think everyone shld random...only if after the hnm ls fighting the hnm has died....its pretty ethical to me....

but seeing wat this SGxxx LS has done....its pretty bad...btw who is the leader of this ls?

E. Body
    BG Level

Me