Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynamis Lord Strategy??     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Dynamis Lord Strategy??

I'm preparing my Dynamis LS on Gilgamesh to move on to Xarcabard (eta: 3 weeks). I've heard all about how difficult the Dynamis Lord is...how he spams deathga with an insane range, etc. I was wondering if anyone had any particular strategies for dealing with him they could share.

What I had in mind so far was, having about 4 rdm/drk use Chainspell + Stun in order. I'm hoping that by the time the last chainspell stun finishes, if the rest of us all used 2 hours and special items (ie. icarus wings), he'd be dead.

Could this strategy work? Or is there another tactic someone could suggest. I'd appreciate any insight anyone could provide. Thanks.

Nicholas
    75 war whm blm and soon smn

gonna need more rdm/drks my LS uses 7 and we still die at 20%

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

kroeger what do you'll do to ying and yang? just train them off?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Do you know why you find Dynamis Lord so damn hard?

Or better do you know why you hear no information about him?

Eversince the Blink and Sleep nerf he has been a HELL lot harder maybe by a 10 fold.

also MANY JP LSes keep secrets about how to kill him . I know theres a few NAs who've beaten him bit there forbidden to tell anything due to LS rules.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Personally I find it more fun to experiment and come up with strategies than to copy things that have already been done (even though that's inevitably what happens if you're not the first to do something because you don't have to go through the same frustration and difficulties as the person who did it first). Dynamis Lord is nice.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Well, the only thing i can say about Dynamis Lord... is to try and beat it.. gunna need a lot of bards, and just keep haveing them sing that reraise song. and just get up beat it up die get up beat it die.. so on and so forth.. he is gunna kil you regardless if you HP so fuck it why not just have a massive bard reraise orgey and just slowley get HP down....

he is just too beastly to even try to fight like any other normal hnm/boss w/e
    only got to fighting it 1 time.. and zenmetsu all over but ya thats all i can think of.. buy honestly anything up for grabs i guess. just my opinion, he got everyone stumped i guess huh

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

its deathga everytime he splits up -.- unless u sub /nin. then the ws takes 2 shadows instead of raping you for over 1k dmg.

I'd share the strat i know but/used but. its best to figure it out like quicklet said

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

old friend of mine just said they would use hymnus over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroeger
    gonna need more rdm/drks my LS uses 7 and we still die at 20%
    My LS got him down to 40% with only 2 rdm/drk, I was not there though. We will be attempting another X. run soon here in the next few weeks after we farm the glacier for the attwsm things for our relic weapons. With 8 rdm/drk if they all show up.

I'll post how it goes

yeah I think our rdm's need more dark magic skill items as some of them had there stuns resisted bad :/ but I'm not gonna tell there HNMLS leader to go farm a bunch of sieryu's and stuff

Ok, LS on my server tryed this today. We farmed the AF then went to DL. Fought him 2 times, we had a 6 RDM/DRK stunners.

We pulled him down to the base of all the slopes on the south side.The first try only 1 rdm used chainspell because we all died almost instantly. He would do a un-stannable move where 3 of him appered and all spells would be resist.

After wipe, we noticed it was darks day, but did not have enough time to let darksday finish an fight. We tryed again anyway. Same thing but more people survived the AoE. 8 Elemental Seal + Thundaraga3's got resisted, but after the AoE, stun worked like magic, I survived the first AoE this time. With my Light staff off it gave me the +15dark resistance to allow me to live with 5HP. I went off on him, as a blm getting resisted to about 100-200 with IV and gaIII spells. Had enough time to unload my 900+ mana on me then 2 hour and then enough time to meele! About 3 Rangers, 2 Ninjas, 2 Blms survived, 4 Red mages Survived. Managed about 75% this time then it was over, too many dead.

Don't fight him on darks day, may be the reason everyone died on first AoE he did. Was my first DL try. Not sure if the AoE is stunnable on any other days. Bards should play dark carol.

This was a public dynamis ls, that ran @ 6am est so it was mix of JP and EN. But the JP said they heard talk of people beating him on lights day, with huge ammount of blms. (30+). I think i fraps some of the log, ill post when i get home

Edit>>my shitty spelling

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

would love to see that stuff... i think large numbers of blm can do just about anything...

Quote Originally Posted by rooster
    would love to see that stuff... i think large numbers of blm can do just about anything...
    Ya, if you have 15+ blm just -GA the "Animated xxxxx" you will kill them easy.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

>Ya, if you have 15+ blm just -GA the "Animated xxxxx" you will kill them easy.

I think you mean....

Ya, if you have 15+ blm just -GA the [Insert any mob] you will kill them easy.

friends LS killed Dynamis Lord the the other day, first time in 10 tries or so, had 4 rngs, 3-4 rdm/drk 14 brds.... and other assorted jobs. Got shadow mantle and 100 coin to drop from DL

Wow, congradulations, Looks like the rdm/drk is the main thing to do... just not on darks day. >.<

I think it was the brds that let them win, im about to enter dynamis-xarcabard right now, tryin to kill dynamis lord with a new strat, since we lack brds

Ok, I just got back form Dynamis Xarcabard. We got VERY lucky on drops, we only killed the NM's and what mobs were in the way trying to get to the Dynamis Lord
    We got a L Jade shell, and Montient Coin to drop > first time ive seen 100 coin in dynamis let alone 2
    BLM, BRD, SAM, SMN AF2 to drop> first time ive seen more than 2 Af2 drop in dynamis-xarc

Ok, after we got done with that and cleared out all the dragons we prepped for Dynamis Lord, and engaged

pictures arent in any particular order

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...66/GCS0182.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...66/GCS0183.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...66/GCS0184.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...66/GCS0185.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...66/GCS0187.jpg

My first death fighting Lord today. lasted alot longer than last time, was knocked into red plenty of times though

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...66/GCS0188.jpg

Killed quiet alot of us, but its awesome hearing the sound of 15+ people reraising at same time

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...66/GCS0189.jpg

In the end we got DL down to 35% before our chain stuns ran out. We just couldnt raise the dead fast enough, we need more bards!! LS only has 2 -.-

/edit pics were a bit large, i was in windowed mode, made the pics smaller by taking off what wasnt windowed

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Looks like a good run

How many RDM/DRK did you use on that run?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast