E. Body
    BG Level

"k all blms who need this lot"

*64 people lot*

"er.."

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Sounds like fun

Rustymetal, just curious, how many black mages did you have on that dynamis run you recorded?

Im not 100% sure, but most the time we have around 12-20.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

dynamis lord was defeated by road to lord on our server a few days ago (Leader of the LS is Parklife) I overslept and did not go :\

dynamis at 7am

Well, Dynamis LS I went with sunday morning beat dynamis lord My ls leader recorded it, but hasent posted it. i'll post it when i get it.

great vid

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kroeger
    great vid

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroeger
    great vid
    And wow congrats! Are ya gonna keep trying to defeat Dynamis Lord to see if the rumor of a 10,000 currency piece dropping from him is true?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Wow................. nice man congratulations!
    it is true, ive seen a R. Goldpiece. Damn Japanese have it -.-
    Hopefully my LS shall take him down.
    Two trips to Dynamis - Xarcarbard, first trip we took him to 80%~
    Second trip we took him down to 65%, then he used his "Oblivion Smash" attack twice or three times in a row wiping everyone =( we wont give up though. we got another strategy for this guy

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tar
    it is true, ive seen a R. Goldpiece. Damn Japanese have it -.-
    That doesn't proove it drops from DL, you can get a R. Goldpiece by trading 100 M. Silverpieces to the goblin

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I guess so, i didnt know that, i dont know much about Relic upgrades, and i have never seen a 3rd upgrade so i dont know -.-.
    My friends LS has beaten DL 2 or 3 times alrdy, they either get a 100 piece or AF, no shadow mantle/ring, or 10k piece.

This was written by my friend to prove there is no 10k peice and to dispell the myth, and to state some things to my LS. Though the only way to get a relic easy, is to farm the dynamis lord. We will be trying that.

With all of this discussion over Dynamis and the rules about currency, I decided I should do some thinking.

TOPIC 1: IS DYNAMIS WORTH 1,000,000G?
    First off, I wanted to prove to myself whether or not Dynamis is actually worth 1 million gil if the sole purpose is to gain currency for a LS. Assuming that the average number of currrency that drops during a single Dynamis run is 200, you run only 1 LS Dynamis run per week, the average number of LS attendees is 55, and the current gil value of currency is 7000, each person will gain an equivalent of 1.04 currency more than if the LS spent that 1 million gil on simply buying currency.
    This leads one to the conclusion that Dynamis (if the sole purpose is for currency) is really not worth the 3 hour effort as each person only gains 7280G (1.04 currency). However, since we do not live in a perfect market and there is not large amounts of currency easily sitting around at market price, I concluded that Dynamis is the ONLY way to obtain a large amount of currency, even though it is highly ineffecient.

TOPIC 2: HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO UPGRADE A RELIC WEAPON?
    Since running Dynamises seems to be the best way to gain currency, approximately how long is it going to take a single person to upgrade their Relic weapon to their final stage. In order to save everyone's time, this argument is dependent upon the fact that a 10,000 currency item does NOT drop from the Shadow Lord. While many of you still hope and pray that he does drop it, I don't believe he does based on this logic:

TOPIC 2a: DOES A 10,000 BILL ACTUALLY EXIST?
    Many LSs on many servers have defeated the Dynamis Lord, however, there is no news (on JP or English sites) about anyone getting the drop. Most of us know that the 10,000 bill does exist when you trade 100 100 bills to an NPC goblin, but we still don't know about the Dynamis Lord dropping it. Since this would be such important news to any FFXI player, you would think someone would have received a fully upgraded relic weapon by now. Either I didn't find the information that is out there, the Dynamis Lord doesn't drop the 10,000 bill, or the drop is so rare no one has gotten it yet. Square-Enix has ccreated a system where it takes an extreme amount of effort and patience in order to obtain an extravagant amount of currency in order to obtain these weapons. It would be very stupid of Square-Enix to create a 10,000 bill from the Dynamis Lord as then people aren't going to be playing as much focusing on such a long-term goal. Obviously, if the Dynamis Lord drops a 10,000 bill, this entire argument is futile and everyone is going to get a relic weapon.

TOPIC 2b: THE CALCULATIONS OF COST AND TIME
    Assuming that a 10,000 bill does not drop from the Dynamis, just how long will it take to obtain a relic weapon. According to several sites, the currency upgrades for the relic horn are as follows:
    Upgrade 1: 300
    Upgrade 2: 1400
    Upgrade 3: 6000
    Upgrade 4: 10000
    Total: 17700
    Value of Bard Horn based on 7000G currency price: 123.9 million G

At a very high estimate of an average of 200 currency / run and only 1 run / week. After an entire year of running Dynamises (52 Dynamises), the LS will obtain 10400 currency. Obviously if you were to run 2 runs / week, you would get 20800 currency.

TOPIC 2c: WHY WON'T SQUARE-ENIX JUST ADD IN THE 10,000 BILL?
    I'm pretty sure that Square-Enix is aware that if they can get 64 players to continue playing for a year in order to obtain one of these weapons, they cash in an easy $9945.60 a year if each of those persons has no mule. Assuming their are an average of 10 (low estimate) English and Japanese Dynamis Linkshells trying to do this too on each of the 32 servers, Square-Enix maintains $3,182,592 of business a year. If you consider mules that number is much, much higher. If you were a business, why in god's name would you make getting a relic weapon any easier.

The people who are already trying to do this aren't the people who will simply quit when given this impossible task. They are the exact same people who will keep on striving in order to obtain this rare set of binary code.

TOPIC 3: WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN TO ME?
    In conclusion, if the Dynamis Lord does not drop a 10,000 bill (which clearly Square-Enix does not want financially), it will take an LS approximately 1 year in order to see a fully upgraded Relic Weapon unless they are buying exorbitant amounts of currency from outside the LS. In any case, you will be spending an equivalent of 123.9 million gil in both gil and your time in order to afford this single weapon.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

In conclusion, if the Dynamis Lord does not drop a 10,000 bill (which clearly Square-Enix does not want financially), it will take an LS approximately 1 year in order to see a fully upgraded Relic Weapon unless they are buying exorbitant amounts of currency from outside the LS. In any case, you will be spending an equivalent of 123.9 million gil in both gil and your time in order to afford this single weapon.
    Betcha a 10,000 byne bill that they add it as a drop somewhere by the time they add the new dynamises (edit: 8 months from now).

17. 2005-04-18 02:51

Hope you dident go for the AF lol

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMetal
    Hope you dident go for the AF lol
    Nah, not my screen lol. I hate playing BLM.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level