+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level

Lets take some time to enjoy it, while it lasts

If you didn't know, Statues and Pots no longer remove your utsusemi with their AOEs.

We're assuming its a bug from the Third Eye change but I'm going to enjoy this until they fix it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

so the golems in sky won't rape my HP when they do the aoe stun?

Xavier

We did an xp pt at Ulli spot earlier, rng/nin, thf/nin in the pt, its AOEs stopped removing blink, just ignored the shadows and did direct dmg. I really think its a bug, since it'd be such a huge change there is no way they'd overlook announcing it, and since it basically does exactly what the update said third eye was going to do. Still, pretty cool for now.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    so the golems in sky won't rape my HP when they do the aoe stun?
    What Xavier said.

I tanked Zipacna today so easily, I was expecting to get raped.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Hurricane Wing hasn't remove Utsusemi since the patch either

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

we were fighting wyverns yesterday and its dispel attack was pretty weird too.

It kept saying like 93 of Xifu's effects dissappear, 72 of Mogi's effects dissappear. lol thought it was funny.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Twentytwo Obv
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

I was soloing the new headless garuda things in sea..and they are monks...sometime it would say "The headless garuda counters Twentytwo's attack! One of the headless garudas shadows disapperas" when it was supposed to be my shadow...lots of new bugs i guess

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

This had to be a bug, but last night when my LS fought Kirin, he was "teleporting" around like it was lag, but it wasn't lag...

None of the mini-gods did it, but it made SC/MB's extremely hard. Anyone else have this problem?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Twentytwo
    ...sometime it would say "The headless garuda counters Twentytwo's attack! One of the headless garudas shadows disapperas"
    LoL

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alina
    This had to be a bug, but last night when my LS fought Kirin, he was "teleporting" around like it was lag, but it wasn't lag...

None of the mini-gods did it, but it made SC/MB's extremely hard. Anyone else have this problem?
    This isn't new for Kirin, but I noticed that some other things have been teleporting around when they usually didn't before.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

We did Riverne Site #B01 last night and the mobs up there did the same thing. The Pyrodrakes and Hippos seemed to be teleporting, and there is no lag up there!!!! lol but on the BC this didnt happen, must be something going on on their side.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

sounds like some revamp of the net code

in internet games where the server is telling clients the location of monsters or other players etc, it only tells each client a certain amount of info. it would be way too much data to transfer over the net if the server was telling all of the clients every single pixel-by-pixel location of every moving thing. so it breaks it up into points instead of a constant line, and the client connects the points and draws the character moving along the line between the points.

in some games, especially first person shooters (where latency is a huge issue), they sometimes include some coding on the client side for the client to predict where things are going to be based on where it is and how fast it's moving in whatever direction. so if it changes direction, there's a certain amount of milliseconds that pass before the server tells you that it has changed direction, so on your screen you might shoot them just at that time and think "WTF how did I miss?" when you were really just shooting at where your client was predicting the target would be

a certain amount of that prediction HAS to occur (even outside of FPS games) or else you would see things move to a point, stop, move to another point, stop, and so on. so while the client is waiting for the server to send the next packet of info on where that object is, it just assumes that it's still moving the same way and shows it moving that way.

adjusting the various settings of that predicting process can make things look pretty wacky, like they're jumping all over the place, etc. my guess is anything having to do with stuff seeming to teleport around is probably the developers either trying to tweak the net code or forgetting to re-adjust it or something

Xavier

Quite a surprise indeed. Must've missed the part of the update that let us know monsters were going to have an absurdly unfair advantage against us.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hello Buddwiser, this is GM Chigrrl. I don't read our current issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    Feb. 28, 2005 02:00 [PST]

Details on Current Known Issues: Addition

Since the implementation of the latest version update on Feb. 23, 2005, the following issue has been discovered. A new update to address it has been made and is currently being tested. Players will be informed as soon as a download date has been set.

-An issue where players in an alliance may not obtain experience points when opening the armoury crate in an ENM battlefield

-An issue where monsters or other players will suddenly be displayed in different locations or not be displayed at all

Since the version update, there have also been cases where the search or auction house functions would fail to download information. This issue is connected to the load on the server and we are currently investigating a solution. If you encounter this issue, please wait a while before trying the same function again.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news3906.shtml

I guess it was like the "new pop conditions" for steam cleaner that magically are just like the old pop conditions now that the serveres are reset.

Or maybe every bug is working the way they intended it.

What kind of name is GM Chigrrl anyways

only thing I can think of is for GM Chigrrl: Chicago (chi) based (or from, born in) female (grrl) GM (GM)

hmmm....

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Yeah I noticed that while fighting Suzaku after the patch. I just thought it was lag, but the S/R all seemed normal. I didnt think it was a glitch at all. Strange that the GMs yet again say its 'normal'. They really need to stop reading from scrpits and start acting like humans and not autonomous creatures.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Alot of people on Siren keep telling me this is my lag. Sorry, it's BS... I've played for a year and I'm telling you the monsters teleport like that freaky girl in The Ring. They also are able to hit from farther away... I *KNOW* for a fact I can pull a Decorative Weapon at the end of my casting range with gravity and not get hit, I've only pulled like a thousand or so.

Now all the sudden they are "drawn in" to me and then I get hit twice before I can run out of range. This isn't normal, and it makes pulling exponentially more difficult.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe they added a teleport to things like Kirin, but why the hell would hill lizards in the dunes get a teleport? Like steam cleaner, there is an error and S-E doesn't want to admit it.