+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Found the location of key item for ENM in Ulg. Range

Ok, I know Hellboy, Windd, Yummy and I had a hell of a time finding this last night. I'm not even to sure if those guys found it yet or not.(I logged, to tired) But this morning I logged on and found it.

First you have to climb all the way to Jormund spawn area. Run straight through that until you get to the area with the 2 slopes. You wanna be on the south slope looking down. You want to be a little less than 1/4 of the way from the left wall. From there you slide down. Try to run back up the slope(makes you fall slower). You want to land on the lower cliff on the left side of the slope(your left while your going down). The cliff is 1/4 of the way from the left. Go to the back of the cave to the spring. Trade the pouch to it, then take it back to the galka to get the key item.

I hope this helped, its really hard to explain without a picture though.

Enjoy.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Hellboy and Windd found it and i got it with some help from other people that were also there.

Babyorphan

Pretty much same area as you get map of Ulegurand range then?

Black Belt
    BG Level

it's a different cave

Babyorphan

A new cave added there or just the cave on the other side?
    I'm guessing the other side though :x

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

other side. slope facing the west.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

yes ^^;

the west slope (south one)

Babyorphan

You are not making sense <.<

You are meaning the South slope after Jormungand, but the west hole wich would be on the RIGHT side if you are facing south wall and running up ._.
    Because after these poorly written directions I wasted a whole run up there to land in wrong hole wich was the LEFT hole as stated in directions ; ;
    Kinda hard to know I am supposed to turn my camera when I am dropping
    I guess I'll do a solo run up there and have my whole PT die and I tractor them into right hole >.>

left side is for map, right side is to Bearclaw pinnacle.

Or is it the west slope on the south side hole? Like west slope would be
    straight ahead after Jormungand.

I'm so confused now <.<

Black Belt
    BG Level

it's the West Slope. on the West Slope there are two cliffs, you want to slide off the west slope and land on the cliff that is to the south. so it's West Slope, South Cliff.

the one for the map is the West Slope, North Cliff.

you should be facing West when you slide off.

the caves in the South Slope probably connect to the West Slope but i don't know exactly how those work.

Babyorphan

Yup, I found it out.
    West slope, south cave (left cave when facing west) at the bottom of the slope wich
    is a dead end cave with the spring where you trade the Cotton pouch
    gotten from the NPC at the entrance to Ulegurand range to recieve some
    ice for the NPC's Opo-opo brew

We also found out which BC entrances leads to which NM. We did the Snoll one after checking some of the entrances, and not finding the one wanted (Holy Cow). Couldn't really find much info on it other than from JP sites so we went in blind.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

The snoll one is called "When hell freezes over".

There are 3 'waves' of bombs. Each wave there are 2-3 bombs to fight.
    We went in without knowing~ ^^; killed all 3 waves and sat there for 5 minutes (resting), then only to find an armory crate instead of bombs when we ran up.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

only to find an armory crate instead of bombs when we ran up.
    owned. What were the drops btw?

Babyorphan

Wich entrance did you do? The one down on the west cave in from the south slope
    after Jormungand?

As I recall there should be a Bearclaw pinnacle to the left of Jormungand area, not going to slopes, if you wait until wall opens.
    One if you drop into a hole in the first area with buffalo's, one I asked above.. and hmm.. I know more but hard to explain ^^

Congratulations though, and yeah, what you get? ^^

I know the mission BC exits from beyond the King Buffalo by the frozen lake by Jorm. Maybe your place is different but it might possibly just be that exit.

Babyorphan

There is a Bearclaw pinnacle around that spot too, I think it was behind the frozen wall out on the lake.. I can't remember exactly though ><

Nice, that may be it since there's a bunch of KB around.

Black Belt
    BG Level

there's a frozen lake with a lot of bombs in the North of that area. i've read that the Brothers ENM is in that Bearclaw.

Wich entrance did you do? The one down on the west cave in from the south slope
    after Jormungand?
    are you saying that from the top of Thousandfall Ridge, you have to slide down the slope facing the south and land on the west ledge to get to this cave?

if the Brothers one is correct, i currently know 4 entrances to Bearclaw and i'm only missing the Holy Cow entrance.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

snoll CoP bc is first (1st drop)
    rabbit ENM is drop down in first area with taursus. (2nd drop)
    bomb ENM is in the next area. (3rd drop)
    at the top of the mountain, behind the ice wall, is taurus ENM entrance.
    past jorm... south drop, west cliff, is Holy Cow! BC =D

also, south drop, east cliff, is for map. west drop, north cliff is for map (they connect). west drop, south cliff, is for key item for ENM.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok, I just attempted getting this key item with a friend tonight. We got all the way to the two cliffs (Jorm was really cool), and sure enough there was two cliffs, one facing west, and one facing south. I read the first post in this thread and it said to drop down the SOUTH CLIFF and hug the LEFT/EAST WALL on the way down. Ok, the first fault was mine. I had said to hug the WEST/RIGHT WALL on the way down, and sure enough we dropped alllllllllllllllllllllll the way down to that stupid ass orc NPC.

So, feeling extremely peeved, I came back to this thread and read the whole thing. What I noticed is that everyone started mentioning map quests, ENM entrances, exits for Bearclaw Pinnacle, etc, etc. I got -extremely- confused. So now, I am going to straighten some things out:

Many-a-time people said slope. What exactly are you referring to when you say slope? Is it the cliff itself? Or the wall you're supposed to "hug" on the way down?

So, standing at the TOP of the SOUTH CLIFF facing off of it, I want to "hug" the LEFT WALL on the way down and I will come to a platform of some sort, with the subsequent cave in the back? Or am I going to have to pull some crazy trick where I hit a ramp and land on a random piece of snow, catching my character and dropping into a "hole" (like the ones you pass on the way up).

If you could please answer these questions, I would be very grateful. It took us 40 minutes to get up there only fall all the way back down to the place where you basically zone in. -_- Thank you~!

P.S.
    Omfg I was going to post a picture of me beside Jorm, but I just realised I had restarted my computer and forgot to put up Clipper. =\\\\\\\\\\\ orz