Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Radeon X800 Pro     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Radeon X800 Pro

I just got the card its really nice, very significant upgrade from my stupid 9600XT. Anyway I downloaded the latest driver from ATI and it seems to have some issues with FFXI. So far I set it at max settings and brought it all the way down to minimal (btw I am running 1.5 g of low latency ram and a FX 55 on a KT4 platinum mobo) still cant figure it out. So if any ATI users out there specifically with X800 what drivers are you using?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i have the same card. what issues are you having?

I did the benchmark test and I hit only 4200 and it just seems that the pixels are off. I tried the old drivers but they were terrible. I am currently looking into the timing on my AGP slot. Just so you know I <3 this card

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Try playing FFXI on a Dell that has a big gaping hole where the AGP slot should be (/^.^)/

Babyorphan

I'll stick to my 256 Radeon 9800 XT ; ;

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I use the NX6800Ultra (Commander Series) Get around 7500 points on Low FFXIBench3 and 5.8k on High :D

Hate to turn this into a spec feast but fuck it

my comp is

P4 875Pro Titan
    3.6Ghz P4 (800FSB)
    1GB of DDR400 (Dane-elec????)
    400GB Maxtor 10,000RPM (16MB) REAL SATA
    NX6800Ultra (Commander)
    Onboard 24bit sound (7.1)

the mo'bo is scary btw.... you need a seprate power source just for the AGP port..... and then another to power the card...

x800

I have had off problems with ATI cards in the past with certain motherboards.
    Try downclocking the AGI speed in bios. Your board might not run at full 8x, and even if it did, there is not noticable difference.

Mikeal

Re: x800

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeal
    I have had off problems with ATI cards in the past with certain motherboards.
    Try downclocking the AGI speed in bios. Your board might not run at full 8x, and even if it did, there is not noticable difference.

Mikeal
    Did just that and all is well thank you. Still pull lag when in heavy zones which I thought would be taken care of, but I guess connection + server population is {Incredibly Tough} to beat

You'll always pull lag on zones like Jeuno. The game is capped at 30 FPS anyways. I have an FX-53 and x800XT @ 575 / 590, and guess what, Jeuno drops to 20 (which is noticable).

Bench3 scores:
    Lo : 9200
    Hi : 7500

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

geeze i hate you all, on low i get like 5800 points ><; i use a 9600XT on OD.. dam im jealous, i have a p4 3.0 some 8x extreme series MSI mobo and a maxtor 80gig 7200 rpm.. i hate you allllll im suppose to be savin money for a car >.> but now im jealous :D

if im going to blow the money, ive always built my own PCs, but can does anyone have any opinion on alienwares? better or not than building your own? i always come across some kind of problem when building a PC like heating or something gay, id figure with an alienware i dont need to worry bout problems as much and still have a kickass PC? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by ImPreSSivE
    geeze i hate you all, on low i get like 5800 points ><; i use a 9600XT on OD.. dam im jealous, i have a p4 3.0 some 8x extreme series MSI mobo and a maxtor 80gig 7200 rpm.. i hate you allllll im suppose to be savin money for a car >.> but now im jealous :D

if im going to blow the money, ive always built my own PCs, but can does anyone have any opinion on alienwares? better or not than building your own? i always come across some kind of problem when building a PC like heating or something gay, id figure with an alienware i dont need to worry bout problems as much and still have a kickass PC? >.>
    pplz say "oh alienware is overpriced" but whatever i have one cuz i wanted it, best video card works awesome has lilke 150136 fans to keep 'er cool.
    My old PC was handbuilt, but i fucked it up so FFXI just had this like "timed-lag" issue, and mediocre gfx. but wanted an alienware and pimped it and have no regrets about it. for everything "how-you-want-it-pimped-out" its not a bad company to go to.

Plus u get a free T-shirt!!!

Meh they build outstanding machines no doubt, but some of us have a budget that does not include PSP covers with 14K gold and diamonds. I think Alienware as a company is outstanding just very very overpriced. Go to their site build it then go to New Egg and price those same parts. I bet you will be saving 1K+

You could build an identical system to alienware for tons less.
    But, you get no support when you break your new toy.

Glad that solved the video for you. =)

--Mikeal