Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It is as of Feb 23. New policy they apparently are enforcing.

Last week an NA LS was holding Behemoth for about 15-20 mins when a GM forced them to kill (much like that Adamantoise log) and when an LS kept getting CFH on at Tiamat GM's told them that they shouldn't be attempting a hard HNM if they don't have the right people to win...

Then the other day when JP claimed Nidhogg and didn't have enough to win and were sleeping it over and over while waiting for more members to wake up (was 7:00a JP time on Sun morning) I talked to a GM and she said she understood but she's having a hard time communicating this to them cause of the "language barrier" Was complete bullshit, they ended up holding for about an hour, during which 3-4 BLM, a WHM, another PLD, and a few melee showed up and they took 2 hours and 41 minutes in total to kill Nidhogg and nothing was done.

LazyShell
    BG Level

the issue everyone's discussing here pretty much depends totally on the server
    This is true. Oh so very true.

there ARE ways around it.
    No, there aren't. At least not on Shiva XD. Its very server related, and there isn't a general solution that can be applied to get these pieces of equipment into NA LSs. Holding a NM has absolutely no point really, so ethics doesn't even get a chance to come into play. There is absolutely positively, no time 60mins an hour, 24hours a day, 365 days a year, (366 on leap year :wink: ) when this LS cannot attend the camp. Whether it be Aspidochelone, Nidhogg, or King Behemoth, they can have 5-6ppl at each camp for all they care, but they will be there, and they will not lose the pull. Its obviously not just latency either, as JP LSs can't win the pull against them either.
    We can focus on any of them sure. We honestly tried so hard for Nidhogg. Every day we brought 25+ people to the camp.. for weeks. It was our focus. We never got a pull. Ever. Even if it was just us, and this other LS, we just dont get the pull. The only chance of getting Faf or Adam, is the day after the HQ, or the day of a maintenence. Any time after that, it just wont happen. There is also absolutely no difference between a weekday and a weekend. They have the same number regardless, its not more or less. They dont talk to us, join with us, sell to us, and I'm fairly sure they blacklisted us the day they found out we were NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn
    but I do believe there is a factor much greater than ping and latency that will make you successful in ground HNM's that 95% of NA LS's overlook
    If you really think there is a solution to the problems we face on Shiva, then PM me with you attribute your LSs success to, as I am not on your server, and gaurentee not to camp against you. Ethics don't make a difference as is anyways. As it stands, it feels more like you don't know how fortunate you really are.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

By all means I believe we are very fortunate for our HQ success and we are very thankful. But we didn't just get it handed to us, we had to go through a lot of losing claim after claim after claim after claim, a lot of periods of low LS morale, ridicule from other LS's, etc. We had to really earn each of those abjurations.

We don't have it easy by any means on Midgard. Each of the ground kings is camped by several LS's. We have to compete with some very, very fierce NA LS's, and hardcore JP LS's that camp @ 5am there time. But I think this is common throughout all servers.. I don't think any server has "no competition" but it sounds like Shiva server has some pretty ruthless JP. Only way to deal with that is to be just as ruthless, hold your ground~

If you're saying you can't outclaim them is your sole cop out, then I say you're not tryin hard enough. I can't imagine why NA's can outclaim JP on other servers every so often but the JP on Shiva have not been beat once. Sounds like lack of effort/giving up easy, not to offend anyone on Shiva in a HNM LS, but you're tellin me LS's camp daily against them and not once have won?

LazyShell
    BG Level

Yes, thats exactly what I'm saying.

Maybe your server's JPs have a bit more moral approach to the game? As it stands, even with sheer luck we would have won by now with the number of times we attend these camps, had the other team been playing fair.

We go at the worst times JP times, and occasionally some of the worst NA times also, makes no difference. If they have 100% dedication, and we match with 100% dedication, it changes nothing lol. I need to take some screenshots more often. I had a cool one of a JP RDM with his sword out attacking Aspidochelone before I, or anyone saw it from our linkshell. How do you beat that?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's pretty sucky dude. We have a NA LS that's like that.. no matter what time of day it was they would gaurantee to be at each of the 3 kings. They once held Adamantoise until 3 or 4am and kept it there so they would have no NA competition for Aspid and the JP's never caught on (assume they waited outside zone til somethin popped), so they had uncontested Aspid for quite some time.

Dunno if majority of them don't work or work night shift so they can camp all day, but sounds like you have the JP version of them on your server...

You'd think they would get all they could want, then move on... but them keeping all the items away from other LS's is what makes their gear even more l33t, cause they and only they can have it. Sad, ruthless, shitty, but not much can be done if you can't hang with them Unless you just hope for them to get bored and quit.

Just hope for some good stuff in April in Al'Taieu.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Thats why i hoped so much they would open it in the last patch. Pushed to finish COP in time, and ended up with 24+ people in Al'teiau the day after update. Oh well, I guess i can wait a little longer XD.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

if the japanese on your server are cheating to win pulls you should cheat too. and get people that play on ps2 since mobs pop sooner on ps2 than pc. to the people on my server, please don't construe this to mean that my ls cheats to win pulls. most of our pulls are won by ps2 players, many of whom have been busy with rl and unable to attend camps lately =._.=

LazyShell
    BG Level

I think we have a couple people playing on PS2 at the camps XD. They may see the mob around the time its voked, still purple pop though lol. As for cheating, I don't really want to fight dirty tactics with dirty tactics lol. I'm fine with enjoying everything else in the game like Dynamis, and CoP until then. With no chance to get those pulls, it frees up time to get an inner LS dynamis to Xarc, or whole LS through CoP. I don't know whats better, I just want a balance is all =(

I'd love to go and purchase a PS2 to test this out (I've been meaning to get a console for more games) but the extra $100 buckeroos for FFXI is X.x...

To Geno, keep at it dude. Don't let set back keep you from your goal. One day that dragon will be yours. Just be ready to fight it! :D

[/wave] To fellow servermate Solefald.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Dethsbane, I'm pretty confident that PS2 is faster. People in my LS say they don't even see the mob pop up yellow, but I sure do...and I get really close to claiming, especially at Fafnir camps, but I have not yet. I strongly doubt that I would've claimed Behemoth at that one camp if I was on PC, although I'm sure subbing bst had a part in it too. Everyone at the Behemoth camp was NA and I was the only one on PS2 I think.

I claimed Xolotl vs PG on PS2 once because I moved around so I could spam flash. I don't know if they were spamming (they probably weren't) but it does seem like mobs pop earlier on PS2. This is worth testing & probably using, although the 100 other people in Aery causes more lag on PS2 than on PC, so that could be an issue.

The LS should fund me a copy of FFXI for PS2.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    I claimed Xolotl vs PG on PS2 once because I moved around so I could spam flash. I don't know if they were spamming (they probably weren't) but it does seem like mobs pop earlier on PS2. This is worth testing & probably using, although the 100 other people in Aery causes more lag on PS2 than on PC, so that could be an issue.
    Well, from what I've gathered, I get as much lag in Aery no matter which version I use. I generally just use PS2 though because it's more comfortable for me, only switch to PC for like pictures and other misc. things.

The lag I get is actually smaller if I see less mobs; the people doesn't really affect my lag as much as flying mobs that flutter their wings and have various colors and move every-which-way...

Claiming mobs on my computer in a zone with a lot of people lags it about as much as if I'm standing by Lower Jeuno AH. And this is just Simurgh, Serket, and Behemoth ; ; I dont' look forward to going to Aery ; ;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

^
    ^
    ^

LOL

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

btw,

keep in mind that you ARE able to pop the 3 kings (king behemoth, Nidhogg, Aspid) poke poke KS 99's AND *a abjuration DOES drop from them. YES THATS RIGHT, they DROP *ABJURATION!.

*Libation Abjuration

instead of implementing a new system (the whole provoke list one) etc etc, why not just add to the existing one. Make more abjurations drops from the 3 kings BC. A drop rate would have to be set so you don't have a crapload of items entering the game. I believe square-enix is trying to limit the numbers to reward people who've played the game longer. This does not mean JP LS's will always get it. Take me as a good example.

In my opinion, this sucks because NA LS's are the ones who get screwed the most. Square does not want to set servers in the US because it cost money, money they don't want to spend. Then comes the whole jp vs na thing. the NA HNM scene is so small compared the JP HNM scene.

NA make what, 10 or 15% of the total HNM scene (correct me if i'm wrong please) The other % is jp. Why would japanese care to fix something that works in their favor. We can all bitch, cry and complain about it but a solution won't be coming anytime soon. Maybe in a year when the percent grows and square begins to take notice.

I'm curious to see a nice graph displaying the ration btween na and jp as far as the hnm scene goes and see a semi accurate % on what influence we have on the scene. For example

on bahamut, there are only 2 na ls who are able to kill kings.

Bluegartr and Anbu.

For jp ls, it's omg

PG
    Way
    Worldx
    ReachPerfection
    Tempthefates
    Cielocustoms
    Dhalmelclub
    StudioGobsomething
    omgomg lets keep adding to the list.
    EExxGGxxWhatever

So we have a nice 11 LSs on bahamut who hunt kings and are able to kill it. 2 are NA 9 are jp. It's not hard to figure out the % there. Why would the scene want change when roughly 88.something% won't want change/will refuse change. Ofcourse It's not entirely up to them for it to do decide that and it's square but... i'm not trying to sound racist/intolerant but this is a jp game to begin with.

The good side is that you guys as a community are slowly growing and sooner or later square IS going to have to make change, for the better of the game and for the sake of keeping everything fair. OR they can just stick by their word on how connections don't play a factor in pulling.

Keep in mind that my LS is JP and I'm the only NA in it (temptthefates). The only problem we see from the current scene is that there aren't enough HNMs to go around. 3 is simply not enough and everyone starts to camp fafnir because NQ adamantoise drops shit and behemoth is um, thundercloude. Fafnir is Ridill, Cursed Cap, Pumps etc etc etc.

PG
    Way

They can't take NHM's.

PG+Way.

They do though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

yeah, things pop faster on PS2 than on PC

I was playing on PC and PS2 at the same time, 'double-boxing' with my friends chara, camping stroper chyme. XD

I had a rapid fire controller and made it spawn claimed on PC a few times. o_O But I saw it on my TV clearly before I saw it on my PC monitor.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

on bahamut, there are only 2 na ls who are able to kill kings.

Bluegartr and Anbu.

For jp ls, it's omg

PG
    Way
    Worldx
    ReachPerfection
    Tempthefates
    Cielocustoms
    Dhalmelclub
    StudioGobsomething
    omgomg lets keep adding to the list.
    EExxGGxxWhatever
    The list for NAs would be bigger if (a) NA and JP players were on even ground when these HNMs were released and (b) there wasn't such an inherent disadvantage for NAs even trying to claim one. On the other hand, the list for NAs would be smaller if NAs didn't RMT the fuck out of this game.