Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Red Mage vs Maat     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Just another way of beating maat:

The moment you enter the battlefield maat will cast these spells (in the same order everytime), Shell, Stoneskin, then Blink.

If maat sucessfully cast Blink, you'll have a hard time debuffing him coz it might just get nullified.

What i did was, once i entered, i ran straigh up to maat and Sleep II him.
    If he resist, sleep one.. but most like you're screwed.
    If you sleep maat asap, he should have JUST finished casting stoneskin.
    Just dispel him twice and he'll be naked.

You can choose to gravity and silence maat once, but if he resist don't bother recasting.

Have Stoneskin, Blink, CureIV, and Convert macro-ed.

Have Shell and Protect on, and blink. Don't cast stoneskin yet though, because you'll need it later (it has a recast time of 25 seconds, if you stoneskin before chainspell, you won't be able to recast it during chainspell).
    Refresh is optional.. You won't get much out of it though. Waste of MP infact.

Then it's Chainspell.
    Chainspell, Stoneskin, Aero3
    You'll have time to cast around 3 Aero3 before all your buffs are removed. So recast Stoneskin and Blink. If maat manages to hit you, you'll have to waste MP on Cure which is a big set back.

After the first 3 aero3, recast Stoneskin and Blink every other 2 Nukes.
    When you hit about 150-200 MP, Blink, Conver, Cure IV twice, Blink, stoneskin, and Nuke maat to death.

After convert, it takes only about 2-3 additional Aero3 to win, so don't hold back.

Maat will chainspell once his HP hits 50%. Don't bother sleeping him, just catch all his spells with Blink and stoneskin.
    Blink will catch 2 spells where as stoneskin will only catch 1 spell. Make sure you don't spend all the time defending though, you must kill maat before you chainspell wears off.
    If you didn't know already, all you have to do is bring maat down to 10%HP.

- Fight maat on Winds day for bonus Aero3 damage.
    - Borrow a HQ wind staff and Dark Staff if you don't have one.
    - Macro all spells with equipment changing commands.
    i.e.
    /ma "Sleep II" <t>
    /equip main "Pluto's Staff"
    /equip neck "Enfeebling Torque"
    /equip body "Warlock's Tabard"

/ma "Aero III" <bt>
    /equip main "Auster's Staff"
    /equip neck "Elemental Torque"
    /equip body "Whatever that helps nuke"

/ma "Cure IV" <me>
    /equip main "Light Staff"

Remember to fight maat with FULL INT gear.
    When i beat maat, my first sleep II got resisted, then I landed Sleep 1 after being pounded on.
    That was a big set back. I wastes Lots of mp on Cure at the beginning, but i still managed to beat Maat in 1:44 with 350MP remaining after convert using that strategy.

Good Luck and have fun

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Oh, one thing i forgot to mention was...
    Use fencer's Earring if possible..
    -33% magic damage at Yellow HP, it will come in handy.

It only costed me 1k on Auction House.

Eat +int Pie btw.
    Or anything that +INT.

I also brough in Vile of elixer +1 but I didn't even need it.
    I guess only for race like Elvaan or Galka.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Oh yeah, this is speculation, but from my experience he's also a lot more resistant to sleep after that 6 or so minutes is up. So basically he wakes, resists your sleep (maybe twice), runs over and does 2 or 3 asuran fists in about 5 seconds. There's no way to stop it, you must make him give up before 6 minutes is over.
    On my very 1st fight with Maat.
    I used the blm Nuke Sleep tactic.
    Sleep maat, Stoneskin, Blink, rest up a few tick, Nuke -> Repeat.

And yes, everytime maat wake up, he would run up and Asuran fist me before i manage to sleep him again.
    Not really a thing i should brag about, but Maat Asuran fisted me 3 times and i still survived (as a tarutaru with stoneskin).

That tactic worked well, and everything was going smoothly..
    Until~ i got forced out of the Battlefield coz fight lasted for over 10 minutes.

Anyways, my point is, Maat has a TP regen ability. If you sleep him for too long, he'll instantly Asuran Fist you after waking up.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Rdm Maat

well Maat got really easy after the update all the battle needs is just planing. Curtis been telling me that Maat had been using Thunder III at his times and that he stayed 2 weeks trying to beat him. As for me i defeated him on the 2nd try and without chainspell cause the 2 tries i had occured in the same hour, forgot to mention i was 69 too . so for rdms who get that fear that Maat will be a problem you just need to try him and judge and luck plays an important role in this battle.
    Stuff i used and i think you should know:
    -Melon pie
    -Dark Staff
    -Wind Staff
    -Vile Elixer+1 (2)
    -Yagudu drink(1)
    -Hi-Potions(7)
    But seriously im sure it was 90% luck wasnt sure of the day too.

ok thx for all the advice everyone... just thought u can lvl a bit past 70 in this limit so i can wear the errant. I been lvln up a lvl or 2 in previous limit quests before actually doing them....thought it would work for last limit, lol. thx again everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Ribaud
    I been lvln up a lvl or 2 in previous limit quests before actually doing them....thought it would work for last limit, lol. thx again everyone

are you a GM?

Hitaru

Maat isnt that bad if u not trying to kill him.
    max your elemental magic, max your INT, bring a wind staff ( better HQ ). and use all the suggestion above about the timing to pop chianspell, and stuff. dont bother to do sleep->nuke after first 4-5 spell, especially during chainspell, use stoneskin->nuke, asuran fist wont kill u. He gave up on me after my 3rd or 4th Aero3 landed on him during chainspell. and i got asuran fisted once. when u get hurt use Cure4 instead of medcine, since those gay pots takes like 10 sec to kick in. Pop Vile elixer and +1 version for emergency recover, like when u convert or running low on mp ( can only take 1 of each kind sice it's rare item, so watch the timming). Good Luck for the fight :D Remember force him to give up! I got it on my frist tried and break the record with that plan 8) (4min something lol cant remember)

Uh...there is only one possible way to get level 72 RDM without doing the Maat fight, and that is to have done a previous Genkai 5 on another job, which would entirely defeat the purpose of doing RDM G5.

Yeah, it's not possible to go past those levels without doing the Genkai. You can get up to the maximum of 1 exp before you'd level to the next "tier" if you haven't done the Genkai. (ie. 19999/20000 @lv59 if you didn't do G3 yet, I think that's the right exp value).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

i wish

i wish i could get to level 72 for the maat fight >.>;