+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Places to EXP @ 75.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Amen, amen. Everything you said is true, although I have no trouble enfeebling the bones, the Ghosts are a pain, hard to silence and resistant to most things ~.~

RDMs have a phenominal amount of work to do in EXP PTs, adding a BRD and being main healer only heightens the amount of work and stress we have to put up with, any good RDM would be absolutely SICK of this job after 75 lvls of it.

RDM+BRD are not fun, especially if you have a PLD tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione
    RDMs are very useful... they are a bard's best friend. (but funny how BRDs are RDMs worst enemy )
    Simple. A party with a bard equals no White Mage, which means I have to sub WHM. So, on top of the 4 refreshes, 3 hastes, and regular series of enfeebles that we give out, we now have to act as cure whores and throw out status cures too. People get shitty when haste is delayed because we were doing something useless, like keeping the main tank alive, so yippy, more stress for us. (And as we learned from my last post, WHM sub is just a swirling vortex that sucks away all of your MP. Not to mention that I am always antsy when I am not able to escape the party.)

RDM + BRD parties are heaven, for everyone except the RDM.
    Good memories of leveling up:

Me>> Hey, Sept. Almaa, Owned and I are starting a party.
    Sept>> Are you getting a whm?
    Me>> Sure, I think I got one coming.

Sept arrives in jeuno. Sept joins the party to find the members are PLD, BRD, BLM, SAM, WAR.

Sept>> Who's the WHM?
    Me>> What are you talking about?...

Why I hate KRT.

First, undead blow ass. Even with 304 Enfeebling skill undead are hard to enfeeble. Ghosts resist ice and wind based spells, bones resist earth based spells, and they all resist dark based spells. Plus they have AoE drain effects which makes my life into an eternal nightmare.

Second, RDM cannot sleep the undead. It goes along with the first point, but it is a point in and of itself. I hate anything that I cannot sleep, I cannot sleep the undead, therefore I hate the undead- KRT is full of the undead, so therefore by extension I hate KRT.

Third, there is only one good camp. The secret room is the only good camp in the whole zone. No, the turn outside of the Vrtra room is not a good camp. Every single time I have camped there the one Hati would respawn in the middle of a fight and cause blood aggro, with would cause every undead within a 10 mile radius to come running for dinnertime. Every. Single. Time.

Fourth, WHM sub blows ass. No escape, no drain, no aspir, no sleepga, and most importantly, no Conserve MP. Conserve MP is the single best job ability that a RDM gets from a BLM sub. There is debate about whether Auto-Refresh or Conserve MP is the better trait, but the point is that WHM provides neither. WHM sub is just a swirling vortex that sucks away all of your MP without any mitigating factors to restore MP or negate MP drain. Also, drain, aspir, and sleepga are useless against the undead, just another reason to hate those bastards.
    /comfort. Its not that bad. If you have a good Monkey and Melee, all that sleeping and enfeebling thing is unnecessary. Bones die in 45-60 secs, Banshees may take longer. AOE Drain sucks chicken butt only the melees should be in range. Shoot, whip out your sword and charge! (en- spells are the hawt) In term of camps, I disagree with the bend by Vrtra. 15 minute repop, just remember that. I prop my watch up and keep an eye on it. My new favorite is the roaming camp, just going thru KRT killing shiet and then head back when they repop... give it a try and good luck! :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level

RDM+BRD parties are nice when you have a blink tank, but still a pain in the ass hasting everyone and removing status ailments

Quote Originally Posted by joft
    RDM+BRD parties are nice when you have a blink tank, but still a pain in the ass hasting everyone and removing status ailments
    Too bad you never partied with me on BRD

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Undead SUCK.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Too bad you never partied with me on BRD
    let's go, I need about 1,000,000 merit points

Track season is in full swing.

Track season is in full swing.
    Track gurls are hot.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I believe the best place to level up really depands on jobs you have in PT. Obviously I won't bring loads of rng and thf to kill skeletons and I won't take 5 blms to kill magic pots. For me I would always set up party first before deciding where to go or I would set up a party accordingly to where I want to exp at. Tomb is really awesome for mnk and blm but lately I have to say Al.taieu rocks, it's probably the only place where you can take any job to level up there, all other places that were mentioned were good choices too just keep in mind who you are partying with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethsbane
    Track gurls are hot.
    Yes, and then right next to the track is Girl's Tennis. Too bad I only like Mithras...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜竜。

DRG = underappreciated

oh wait

DRG = not appreciated at all

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

KRT pwns.
    I remember when Veritas, Malign, Hellboy,Bikwin, Yummy and I Pted there and chased anyone else who came to pt there because they had no mobs to pull.
    /sigh I do miss those days.
    Chain 19 /cry (If you read this ever, we never got our chain 20 Veritas cause you and Mal had to quit for some dumb cartoon game).
    getting 2k+ exp in about 2min is just..... no words can utter its marvel....

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Why I hate KRT.

First, undead blow ass. Even with 304 Enfeebling skill undead are hard to enfeeble. Ghosts resist ice and wind based spells, bones resist earth based spells, and they all resist dark based spells. Plus they have AoE drain effects which makes my life into an eternal nightmare.

Second, RDM cannot sleep the undead. It goes along with the first point, but it is a point in and of itself. I hate anything that I cannot sleep, I cannot sleep the undead, therefore I hate the undead- KRT is full of the undead, so therefore by extension I hate KRT.

Third, there is only one good camp. The secret room is the only good camp in the whole zone. No, the turn outside of the Vrtra room is not a good camp. Every single time I have camped there the one Hati would respawn in the middle of a fight and cause blood aggro, with would cause every undead within a 10 mile radius to come running for dinnertime. Every. Single. Time.

Fourth, WHM sub blows ass. No escape, no drain, no aspir, no sleepga, and most importantly, no Conserve MP. Conserve MP is the single best job ability that a RDM gets from a BLM sub. There is debate about whether Auto-Refresh or Conserve MP is the better trait, but the point is that WHM provides neither. WHM sub is just a swirling vortex that sucks away all of your MP without any mitigating factors to restore MP or negate MP drain. Also, drain, aspir, and sleepga are useless against the undead, just another reason to hate those bastards.
    Absolutely correct, every last word.

Why I like sky:
    This is pretty damn easy to make happen. And unlike KRT, there is virtually no chance of death or wipe (making /WHM possible.) If you think MNK owns in KRT, grab a MNK/NIN tank, 3 RNG's, BRD+RDM and head to sky.

I understand that party setup determines camp, but I refuse to party in KRT anymore. When my LS takes on Vrtra, that will be my first visit in months. Until then, no thanks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Why I like sky:
    This is pretty damn easy to make happen. And unlike KRT, there is virtually no chance of death or wipe (making /WHM possible.) If you think MNK owns in KRT, grab a MNK/NIN tank, 3 RNG's, BRD+RDM and head to sky.

I understand that party setup determines camp, but I refuse to party in KRT anymore. When my LS takes on Vrtra, that will be my first visit in months. Until then, no thanks.
    I did a party in sky yesterday. Although we did not do a three ranger set up, we did have to move our camp every few minutes because we ran out of weapons to pull. The fights were so fast that I did not have to worry about enfeebles falling off; sometimes I did not even have the chance to enfeeble them before the fight was over. Nice stress free pulls with a ton of XP, and things that I could sleep when they needed to be slept.