Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

no, the eye is just "Vanguard Eye" from what I've read

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Made it up there yesterday. The Eye is inside the actual tower. Outside the tower is 2 eyes on either side, with a DRK, SMN and 1 other mob. The inside eye DOES spawn mobs..as we soon discovered. Pops 1 Hydra RDM, 1 WHM, 1 SAM. Didn't manage to kill it we will next time tho. :D

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Puntzee, whats up? Are you doing the dynamis runs with MG now? Glad to see so many peopel I like doing well in dynamis, just make sure you make sure Hank dies a LOT, ok?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Yeah I lead MG now..Runic quit. Hank always dies...and AF drops 90% of the time when he dies so :D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

pretty sure its like this

SAM/DRK/RNG - Great Katana/Scythe/Bow

NIN/MNK/THF - Katana/H2H/Gun

PLD/RDM/WAR - Great Sword/Sword/Great Axe

BLM/WHM/BRD - Dagger/Club/Horn

BST/SMN/DRG - Axe/Staff/Spear

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Just wondering, is there some reason you have to clear the zone in order to pop/fight the Hydra NM's?

Or can you ignore the mega boss completely when you go for Hydra?

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Read the thread before you post something that's already been stated 6 posts up.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Wow, what a bitchy response. The question I asked *hasn't* been answered elsewhere in this thread, but nevermind anyway...

9. 2005-07-01 19:26

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Yes it's been stated...You have to kill the vanguard eye inside the nue tower to pop the NMs. It pops 3 mobs with it.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brennon
    The question I asked *hasn't* been answered elsewhere in this thread, but nevermind anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas
    So...based on what I've read this is how you do the attestation nm pops? Let me know if I made a mistake...

Enter Dynamis...head towards Fei-yin as normal. Clear out the goblin area leading to the ramp up to the Fomor. At this point, split off a party of thf brd rng rng whm blm, all with thief sub, powder boots, hermets quencher (flee items basically). I'd assume also poisons and holy water to be safe. Have everyone else continue heading towards Fei Yin following the normal route.

Meanwhile, the split off party will flee towards the Nue tower, using JA Flee, then the items. Ideally they'll make it behind the tower, at which point they just let the aggro kill them. The mobs will return to their spots and the party will be able to reraise, heal up, and kill the eye.

At this point they just vhazl out and re-enter, then catch up with the group. The attestation themselves will have popped at the various towers.

Is that it basically?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

See that "?" mark at the end?

That basically transforms his post from what would be a statement, into a question.

It's tricky, i know....

Second, I didn't ask about popping the Hydra NM, i asked about getting Attestations.

I'll clear it up a bit. It was asked to me that perhaps you *must* kill the mega boss in order for the Hydra NM to drop attestations. Since I've never killed Hydra NM's, I didn't know the answer. I'd assume that they drop all the time whether you kill the mega boss or not, but i didn't know.

Soooooo, thinking that You Guys (BG) are pretty experienced and generally pretty helpful, I thought I'd ask here, just to make sure. If I'd have known that my question, no matter how trivial it may seem to You Guys, would be so unwelcome, i wouldn't have posted it. A simple "yes" or "no" would have sufficed, but apparently it was too difficult to resist an unnecessarily rude statement. SO sorry to have wasted your time....

Akiro

they only drop 1 of the 3 tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Brennon
    It was asked to me that perhaps you *must* kill the mega boss in order for the Hydra NM to drop attestations. Since I've never killed Hydra NM's, I didn't know the answer. I'd assume that they drop all the time whether you kill the mega boss or not, but i didn't know.

You have to kill the Eye so that the NM attestation things will pop. Reading the other parts of this thread, it says the drop is 100%, but for only one of the jobs that NM is.

They can't drop if you don't kill the eye because they won't even be spawned.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

See that "?" mark at the end?

That basically transforms his post from what would be a statement, into a question.

It's tricky, i know....

Second, I didn't ask about popping the Hydra NM, i asked about getting Attestations.

I'll clear it up a bit. It was asked to me that perhaps you *must* kill the mega boss in order for the Hydra NM to drop attestations. Since I've never killed Hydra NM's, I didn't know the answer. I'd assume that they drop all the time whether you kill the mega boss or not, but i didn't know.

Soooooo, thinking that You Guys (BG) are pretty experienced and generally pretty helpful, I thought I'd ask here, just to make sure. If I'd have known that my question, no matter how trivial it may seem to You Guys, would be so unwelcome, i wouldn't have posted it. A simple "yes" or "no" would have sufficed, but apparently it was too difficult to resist an unnecessarily rude statement. SO sorry to have wasted your time....
    It's not my job to instill critical thinking to those who lack it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You have to kill the Eye so that the NM attestation things will pop. Reading the other parts of this thread, it says the drop is 100%, but for only one of the jobs that NM is.
    The mega boss (angra maiyu or whatever his name is) and that vanguard eye(located at Nue tower) that pops the Hydra NM's are two different eyes, no?

we've popped and killed them using the strat I laid out (as a question...whatever) earlier in this thread. And they always drop at least one, but we've seen one once drop two.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

"Soooooo, thinking that You Guys (BG) are pretty experienced and generally pretty helpful, I thought I'd ask here, just to make sure. If I'd have known that my question, no matter how trivial it may seem to You Guys, would be so unwelcome, i wouldn't have posted it. A simple "yes" or "no" would have sufficed, but apparently it was too difficult to resist an unnecessarily rude statement. SO sorry to have wasted your time...."

I wouldnt sweat it. Ive noticed a tendancy for alot of manthra's to be bitches. And to answer your question since it seems so difficult for the others. No, you dont have to do your normal beaucedine clear. You can take the entire alliance to do the eye, or farm, or whatever else they may want to do. Killing the eye is the only requirement for popping the attestation NM's.