Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: woodworking to 80     submit to reddit submit to twitter

woodworking to 80

for kiro and Tidusxr

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:53 am Post subject: Alt's cheap and easy woodworking guide
    The Four rules:
    #1 Farm your ALL your crystals and materials if possible
    (You can get away with buying earth)
    #2 Cut your own lumber
    #3 Save all initial lumber you cut
    #4 If the market is flooded save your synths PRICES WILL DROP

0-2 Arrow Wood Lumber -> Arrow Wood Log + wind crystal
    2-8 Ash Lumber -> Ash Log + Wind Crystal
    8-16 Bloody Bolts -> Bloody Bolt heads + Ash Lumber +
    Earth Crystal
    8-16 Sleep Bolts -> Sleep Bolt Heads + Ash Lumber +
    Earth Crystal
    8-16 Acid Bolts -> Acid Bolt Heads + Ash Lumber + Earth Crystal
    8-16 Holy Bolts -> Holy Bolt Heads + Ash Lumber +
    Earth Crystals
    16-21 Maple Sugar -> Maple Log + Lightning Crystal
    21-25 Iron Arrows -> Iron Arrow heads + Arrow wood lumber +
    Choco Fletchings + Earth Crystal
    25-30 Silver Arrows -> Silver Arrow Heads + Ash Lumber +
    Yagudo Fletching + Earth Crystal
    30-40 Beeltle Arrows -> Beetle Arrow heads + Arrow wood Lumber +
    Chocobo Fletchings + Earth Crystal
    37-42 Fang Arrows -> Fang Arrow Heads + Arrow wood Lumber +
    Yagudo Fletchings + Earth Crystal
    42-49 Horn Arrows -> Horn Arrow heads + Arrow wood Lumber +
    Bird Fletchings + Earth Crystal
    49-59 Scorpion Arrows -> Scorpion Arrow heads + Arrow wood Lumber
    + Insect Fletchings + Earth Crystal
    59-62 Darksteel Bolts -> Darksteel Bolt Heads + Yew Lumber
    + Earth Crystal
    59-63 Tarutaru Rods -> Broked tarutaru Rod + Light Crystal
    62-65 Tarutaru Rods -> Silk Thread (Farm Silk) + Walnut Lumber
    65-69 Demon Arrows -> Demon Arrow Heads + Arrow wood Lumber
    + Black Chocobo Fletchings + Earth Crystal
    (Can go either way on profits)
    69-72 Taru FOlding Screen -> Rattan Lumber x3 + Parchent X3
    + Earth Crystal
    (Expect to Lose money on this)
    69-73 Clothespole -> Broken Clothespole + Light Crystal
    73-77 Clothespole -> Mahogony Lumber + Silk thread
    + Earth Crystal
    73-77 Silk Thread -> Clothespole + Lightning Crystal
    73-77 Commode -> Rosewood Lumber x5 + Earth Crystal

Kinda at a loss after this since I really havn't looked ahead much more being I'm sitting pretty at 68 due to lack of money. Hope this helps you people looking towards woodcrafting.

On a side note you will pretty much make money if not break even on everything you make. Due to the fact you are farming your crystals.

Enjoy!

from a old friend, alteredstate...

yes this list is a little bit old but it still works
    i'm sure people will comment

Thanks for this, really big help. ^_^

( For the Tarutaru Folding screens, you can desynth flutes to get Parchment, instead of paying the 20k for a stack (Kujata price). Also, if you're leveling in Altepa or Crawlers' Nest, you'll get mass Earth crystals from just partying.. so there's a couple 1,000 gil saved right there.)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Thanks a lot Stigmates. I've been following this guide and have leveled crafting very fast and very cost effectively (assuming all my 50+ stacks of beetle/horn arrows sell lol). As of right now I'm level 49 woodworking. Guess its time for some scorpions arrows, just gotta wait on the full moon.

np to you both.

glad i could help..

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hmmm Stigmates kind of need your help again. I'm still stuck at level 50 woodworkering and I can't seem to skillup anymore. I've gone through 3-4 stacks of ice arrowheads (15k a stack on Fenrir ><) and a stack of scorpion arrowheads and I've only gone gone up about 1 level. Just bad fortune? I'm doing this during full moons and most of the times on Lightsday (tried a few ice arrows on Icesday and it seemed to work better but still no skillup) and always with synth support. Just tough it out or am I forgetting something? Thanks again in advance.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Assuming this is your first craft you are lvling, you will notice a huge drop in skill ups ater 50 60 70 80 and 90, they become far and few, especially when you have to spend millions upon millions just for 12 synths. If you really don't wanna go up to the next item, but need the skill , trying synthing on darksday . Sometimes this alone can be enough to help your skillups.

To give you an example, From 1-49 it might 1-2 stacks of materials per point of skillup. at 50-70 it can average 2-4 stacks depending on your days and synthing luck. and at 80+ it can get really tedius, synthing 5+ stacks of each material just for 1 point in some cases it's just the nature of crafting, just be glad most crafts don't have an ex item to synth like in cooking (although it's an easy craft)

I'm slightly disappointed, but hey, at least it didn't turn out that I have bad luck. :D

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

^^^ Whoops, forgot to log in ^^^

New Merits
    BG Level

try experamenting with crafting on earthsday or windsday depending on the type of crystal you are useing at lvl 80 WW now crafting on windsday with a wind crystal i have been getting sometimes 3-4 skillups in a row. Mythic Wands seem to be pretty good to level off at this level but the skillup is very slow because phoenix feathers rarely sell on the AH and i get like 80% of my money back from the synths. so far full moon seems to mean jack shit for my skillup only windsday for wind crystal and earthsday for earth crystal seem to do the trick.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm 72.1 now and I tried desynthing Clothpoles but didn't get a single skill up in 30+ synths on New Moon. On the other hand, I ended up with 1.5 stacks of mahogany lumber. 8)

I stopped leveling Woodworking at 60 to level Alchemy and Smithing to 60 as well, then I'm taking Woodworking to 100! I'm actually making money off of this now, and it feels damn good.~

why is it that some people are making money 60-100, and others are losing millions upon millions? is it farming your own mats or what

New Merits
    BG Level

nobody makes money 60-100...