Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Blue mage = BST.
    Dancer = Bard in Shair.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Time Mage? Imagine having backtrack 5 minutes into fight, and cure PLD from Deadly Hold on Kirin...

Or... battlefield Warp capability... woosh and you behind your enemy.

I'm sure more can be done with this class. ^^

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetah
    Blue mage = BST.
    Dancer = Bard in Shair.
    Why do people think that Blue Mages are the same things as Beastmasters? Yes, the both use enemy skills, but in completely different ways. A BST cannot control what skill a pet uses and can sometimes be absolutely boned by this. (AoE anyone?) A Blue Mage learns a mob's ability after feeling it, and can use that ability from that point on, a BST is limited to the skills that a particular pet knows. (If a BST wants his/her pet to use Baleful Gaze, then the pet has to be a Lizard- if BST existed and was able to learn that move, he/she could use it anytime.)

Yes, Blue Mage would be hard to balance, but I think that it would be worth it because it could be such an awesome class.

Black Belt
    BG Level

you think it's hard to get parties together for Fenrir and WS NMs. wait till you're a Blue Mage.

"hey guys, i need to get 1,000 Needles, Bad Breath, etc, etc."

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Well, Blue Mage would be so ridiculously hard to implement into the game, that's why I general just shut down this idea whenever people mention it. BST has the closest thing to Blue Mage, and in my opinion that is close enough...I mean, instead of making blue mage, how about letting bsts decide which weaponskills they want to use from their pets? Problem solved.

Besides, no matter what new job SE adds at this time, EVERYONE will be playing it...

EVERYONE will be playing it...
    Regardless if they added Time Mage, Blue Mage or Dancer, I wouldn't play them. (unless Dancer was obtainable at Lv30, I'd probably unlock it for my mule Santo)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Well, I know there will be exceptions, but I'm sure about 75% of the FFXI community will be taking a crack at whatever new job(s) SE throws at us.

I don't precisely understand the difference a dancer would bring to the game? I can imagine the little differences a Blue Mage would bring, or the difference a Time Mage would bring, but...dancer? That's like almost the same as bard. Not trying to be an asshole, just doesn't seem like a job that would be "new" if it were added.

Also, regarding Time Mage, I don't think this would be too bad if Haste / Slow weren't already implemented for RDMs / WHMs...wonder what spells they'd have?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, Blue Mage would be so ridiculously hard to implement into the game, that's why I general just shut down this idea whenever people mention it. BST has the closest thing to Blue Mage, and in my opinion that is close enough...I mean, instead of making blue mage, how about letting bsts decide which weaponskills they want to use from their pets? Problem solved.

Besides, no matter what new job SE adds at this time, EVERYONE will be playing it...
    But saying that Beastmaster is the closest thing to a Blue Mage is like saying that White Mage is the closest thing to a Time Mage because Time Mage has Regen and that restores HP. If a BST could chose TP moves, why would anyone use any pets other than lizards for Baleful Gaze? There should be an element of randomness for BST; otherwise they will be extremely over-powered. (More so than they are already.)

Honestly, I doubt that they will add in more classes. Square seems to not want to shake up the status quo that the game has settled into.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

want 2 much

U guys want to much here is want i want

Raise IV- useable by BLM only!!!

that and warpga, i hate having to use warp on 18 ppl one warp at a time

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    I dunno, being able to set Homepoint in 2 places rather than one would be nice...

Oh yea, don't you hate it when you are ready to use TP on a mob but then the mob starts to move as you hit the macro to do WS and since it's moving it says you can't use it and you lose our TP? I know i do.
    Happens with blood pacts too, except there is even less leeway with it.

They could make Dancer the female version of a Bard, and you could have a different song set (with some same songs). You could also make a Dancer and Bard combo, in which when they are in the same PT they sing and/or dance together, creating new or stronger effects.