Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Can Drg be an Impact job endgame?

hello from lakshmi server i'm a 74 drg and i am in a HNM ls that is just starting gods/Hnms etc. far from the glory of huge ls's but working our way up, anyways i wanted some experienced opinions on IF drg can become and impact player in anyway shape or form for endgame activites or should i just take my ass back to square one and work of leveling a more prolific job. thank you and just wanted to say your linkshell is very impressive keep up the good job

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

start lvling another job. DRG cant be much of anything... sorry to say.

would i even be efficient for say, sa/ta like i see some DD's doing on the Tiamat video ? i unfortunatly was not knowledgable when i first choose my job and i would really like to break the mold and continue playing it successfully in endgame but if it is not at all possible well then i would like to keep playing this game but would be severly let down

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

>.>
    <.<
    *waits for longheart to jump in* where you at drg come help this one out

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Sorry... DRGs aren't made for HNMs ><;

DRGs aren't made for anything.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Dont listen to these fools

Please dont give a blind bit of notice to these fools, they talking complete shit. heres the truth coming from someone who has killed every HNM this game has to offer apart from Vrtra which we got to 45% with 40ish people.

Dragoon will never be a stand out job in HNM like a bard, ninja, red mage etc etc. But they are just as useful as any other job. So long as you can skill chain then HNM is well and truely open for you to exploit. If your a retard then hell being bard wouldnt help you.

Dragon is also very useful to have whilest fighting those wyrms + fafnir/nidhogg.

If you find yourself not useful as a follower then lead. Longheart the guy that lily refers to is one of our ls's best leaders. He organises people well and someone you can always ask for advice etc etc. Just cus ur a drg doesnt mean ur stupid, crap at ff or anything so go for it. And have a good time

Oh and btw, Im a bard + a black mage so im not protecting my own job here

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You gotta get like 3 DRG to alternate and sub in the tank PT for dragon killer on the wyrms. That's hardcore!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Check HNM LS rosters... 1-2 in every HNM LS... i cant think of anyone that's ever said... i have a good BLM i'm going to lvl DRG as my 2nd job....

I've Killed almost everything in the game too and there are different ways to kill just about anything, but DRG aren't your best pick if you wana get into an HNMLS...

everyone says differently, but remember, where there is smoke there is fire. If you see other talking bad about DRG, there mite be a reason why.... you dont hear people say SAMs or BLMs suck for HNMs.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Oh i definately agree with that. I would never say that drg are gonna shine. In fact i think i put that in the previous post but im lazy to look.

Im just saying people who immediately say that a drg is useless need to take a second look. When i spoke about the wyrms i wasnt referring to dragon killer. i was referring to the drg weapon skills. Melee do good dmg on those things.

This person asked if drg could be an impact. our drg is a serious impact. we wouldnt do aswell without him, god i hope he doesnt read this cus hes got a big enuff ego already ;p. You guys get my point :wink:

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Thanks for the good works Skunkie. Being a drg I can say that, nearly every other melee job who IS as well equiped as me, can do same to more dmg than me consistantly. But I have equiped myself, lvled up correct subjobs, and made myself very knowledgable(sp?) in the game, and HNM tatics, where i MAKE myself useful. I can consistantly pump out 500-800dmg Wheeling Thrusts to the 3wyrms. No that's not as good as 1000-1500dmg i can see from our DRKS, but guess what? I don't have to log out so i don't pull hate.

DRGs "can" be useful, can be good dmg dealers if they are properly equiped and know how things work. But not everyone knows that, and LSs won't want you regardless, nothing you can do about that sorry. But it is the truth that any other melee can do the same as you if not better.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I like fighting nidhogg and Kearns is in the renkei and Kearns is in the skill chain, i know he wont miss, cant say the same for the rngs. As a blm bursting on skillchains, i have to say the majorty of them have belonged to Kearns. This is the difference in all the blm doing full damage on a burst, or a bunch of severely resisted spells. <3 Kearns.

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat
    Kearns is in the renkei and Kearns is in the skill chain
    You know these are the same things, right? >_>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Im sick today, and im also very tired. Thank you for pointing out my mistake.

thank you very much kearnsy, just wanted to be sure i wasn't wasting my time trying for abj's and such as a drg to improve my endgame ability, a question to you since your a drg, impulse drive and wheeling thrust...they are both modified heavily bye str, now do you solely use wheeling thrust on HNM because its a 1 hit ws and less accuracy based than say impulse drive which a hit could miss (not sure on this just an educated guess plz correct me if i'm wrong) right now i'm equiping str gear in every slot that i can afford and have it up to +38 for my ws's, and do you ever use impulse drive at 300 tp for HNM's? thank you for you time and informed response

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

impulse drive is good for scs when you need to make darkness, or run frag. other than that wheeling thrust will always do more dmg.

Babyorphan

I'm gonna Lv. DRG just to feel gimp!
    I am DRG2 now woooooooo ._.

drgs own in ballista.... its really sad how strong they are

Babyorphan

I always tend to own the DRG O_O

DRG's 2hr should be Delete Content ID instead.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast