+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

but this puts another notch on my SE hate-a-meter.
    RDM75/BRD65/PLD65
    Yeah, you definately hate SE.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've spoken with GM about the whole Mog House expansion deal, he didn't give straight answers as always, but he did point out one of the reason they don't expand Mog House.

According to him, because FFXI is multi-platform Online game (PC & PS2) increase in inventory capacity will over burder the data stream alocated to each character. While it may not be a problem for PC users, for PS2 players it will cause severe lag and latency issues.

He explained that FFXI is designed to work simoulteniously on PC & PS2, which means in order to have it properly run on PS2, PC users have to be limited in the amount of data recieved from servers. If that's the case, than how did they implement previous expansions? There had to be adjustments made to data stream in order to do this, and if so, why not do it now?

As to the fact if SE marketing team is purposfully doing this to make that extra buck, never got a straight answer.

Seriously, someone please explain to me, is this /really/ the reason they don't expand. Anyone with technological knowledge can can explain how this works?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gafgarionn
    but this puts another notch on my SE hate-a-meter.
    RDM75/BRD65/PLD65
    Yeah, you definately hate SE.
    Yes, I hate SE, but not the game, and if you think I play this game just to level jobs, you are mistaken. Reason #1 are friends.

And as you pointed out jobs, I level them in statik... again, with friends.

Black Belt
    BG Level

a lot of FFXI's limitations are because of the PS2s hardware no doubt. that's why the game has so few character models per race. the more models that are repeated, the less data that has to be loaded.

this storage is also a technical thing.

to store a set of identical gear for each character, make a quest on the server - Yes-No flag. if Yes you have the set, if No you don't. apply to all characters the same way. repeat for each set of their choosing, the only data for each character are YES NO YES YES YES NO NO, one answer for each set.

if you want an NPC to hold a set of your Lv 30 gear the way you assigned it, the game has to store
    Head = Emperor's Hairpin
    Leg = Brass Subligar
    Body = Chainmail
    Hands = Carbuncle Mittens
    Feet = Leaping Boots

that's 5 pieces of data for one set of equipment. if they were to do that, they might as well just give more Mog space.

i doubt the game is at it's limits on how much Mog Safe one player can have. 80 is not a lot. if the game can allow Storage space to be as big as they can, there should be room to enlarge Mog Safe space if they wanted to.

---

don't ask GMs about development, besides the head GMs who probably don't speak much English, regular GMs don't know jack about it and they really shouldn't.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

YESSSSSSS!