+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

Equipment Storage (3/24/2005)

Quote Originally Posted by FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team
    In the previous version update, a new service was added allowing players to safely store full sets of artifact armor for a small fee. Due to the positive feedback regarding this new feature, the development team has decided to expand the equipment storage service to include over thirty new sets of various low-level armor and clothing. After trading a full set (consisting of 4 to 5 pieces) to one of four NPCs located in each of the major nations, players will receive a claim slip that can be presented when they wish to have their armor returned.

Whether for level-restricted orb battles, Promathia missions, or for raising support jobs, low-level equipment can eat up a lot of room in a player's Mog Safe. Utilizing this feature will make it easier to store and retrieve space-consuming armor sets, while leaving Mog Safes open to hold more important items. The days of throwing away sleepshrooms to open slots for your silver gauntlets are over!

Further details on the expanded service will be made available in the version update announcement released in late April.
    let the updates begin.

Oh... my... GOD, THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

Thank you S-E, for once, you done alright in my book.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The days of throwing away sleepshrooms to open slots for your silver gauntlets are over!
    I'm so glad I don't have to throw away my pricless mushrooms. /coughsarcasmcough

What a bunch of dumbass working for SE. Some people just don't have imagination or communcation skills to know what needs to be done to satisfy regular Joe Gamer.

Black Belt
    BG Level

it should be good, but we'll have to see when it actually comes out.

i'm thinking it's going to be things like

Lizard Set
    Beetle Set
    Chain Set
    RSE
    Fishing/Mining Set

i don't know how that'll effect the HQ stuff and it definitely won't be good for signed items.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How will this work with HQ pieces? Thats what I'm really worried about. :X Like if you have HQ scale body/pants and NQ the rest etc.

damnit all I want to do it trade in "SOME" pieces of my AF cause others I still use ; ;

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

They better allow trading of Af2 and cursed equips as well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I still use 2 of my AF pieces, can't they change the AF storage a little so you can store specific pieces? My hands and head, along with my feet on occasion are useless.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

um, the fact that you have to trade the whole set SUCKS.

i already droppedm y rdm af1 boots and gloves

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer
    They better allow trading of Af2 and cursed equips as well.
    because every player has a full set of those?

from a progamming standpoint, doing a full set is just very simple. i think there's already a lot to gain from this. doing piece by piece is almost the equivalent of just doing a Mog Safe expansion (which they should be doing anyway) but it's a different issue.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It is pretty awesome. I just wish you could pay the warehouses in the starting cities to store more crap for you. Or allow us to have direct access to our mules' mog saves.

they should just give up trying to dick people over on storage to have them buy extra characters/accounts. GOD. i guess they won't because they would lose money, but everyone knows this is why it's the way it is.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Their marketing department consist of greedy asswipes, who think by fucking over hardcore players (which I'm sure are in hundreds of thousands) would really progress their revenues.

It pisses me off that instead of actually listening to players who have valid points and excellent ideas, they come up with stupid ideas like this one.

Personally I feel insulted if they think by implementing item storage vs expanding Mog House space, they will solve my inventory problems, I still have mules thanks to their dick idea about item capacity per char, and I will have mules till the end.

Mules server other purposes other than armor/weapon storage. I bazaar alot of things I farm/synth, store materials and crystals.

If anything they should have done, was to make a direct switch between char under one account instantanious, and item transfer much faster than having run back from mog house to delivery person multiple times in order to get your things.

I swear, sometimes I just want to go to SE development office and slam their heads against the table for the stupid ideas we are forced to confront.

Sorry for the rant, but this puts another notch on my SE hate-a-meter.

~ Archduke™

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I agree, i wasnt impressed by any of the last updates, and so far this being the first, im not impressed by it either. No changes that they have made have done anything good, in fact they have only hurt the game. April update better be good. Im sure alot of people have thought about quitting but said to themselves, hmm lets see what happens in the next 2 updates. When april one comes out and its just the same old shit and people say fuck it and quit, maybe theyll get off their ass and change something, like fix the dumbest quest in this game, which is relic weapons. The currency really needs to drop more, and AF2 should be based randomly on the jobs actually in the zone. Simply b/c the way this is designed, mages will never get a relic weapon made. So its yet another endgame quest that is not worth even trying for a mage. The entire devolpment team sits around and smokes pot all day i think, they are really out of touch.

Black Belt
    BG Level

ENMs are great. people this bitter should just quit the game now. i can bet the next update won't live up to your expectations so just leave now and save everyone the trouble.

Well, this is pretty much in response to CoP and BCNMs. But really, they could solve it by just letting us increase our damn Mog House space. I do use the AF Storage system a lot and it has helped me keep a few more job combos on my character and mule less. I think another motivating factor for them is just another way to get gil out of the system with the 1000 gil fee (albeit slowly).

Sets that will probably be added
    The CoP Set (Seers, Noct, Shade, Eisen, Garish)
    RSE
    Garrison
    Conquest point sets(Centurion Mercenary, Royal Squire, Iron Musketeer, Combat Caster, Royal Knight, Tactician Magician)
    Austere

Sets I seriously doubt that will be added
    Mining, Fishing, Healing, Riding sets (these would be nice)
    Abjurations ( too much mix and match to be useful)
    God Gear (my god, I would want this one)
    AF2 (would help so few people)
    Thick Set (mix and match problem)
    JSE70+ (THF, BRD, BLM, WHM, RDM, WAR/DRG, NIN, SAM, BST, DRK)
    Adaman (mix and match problem)

I really don't think they are focusing on high end gear

Black Belt
    BG Level

what's wrong with Mining, Fishing, Healing, Riding sets?

and i don't think they will do anything 50+ either.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If this is fully implemented, (big if) this will be good in more ways than one. Obviously it will be nice turn in gear from all the level cap stuff to save space. The only problem I see is mixing and matching. I would guess that square will not let you mix and match sets whether it being HQ mixed with NQ or just some items out of a set not being the best equipment for that level. A way around this would of course be to buy a full set of NQ just to be able to store even if you never planned to use certain NQ parts out of the set.

A good idea would be to just let you turn in 5 parts of ANY armor and let you name the set such as "Level 30 Gear", "BC 40 Worm Gear", etc.

This could also have a positive effect on crafters. Many people such as myself just buy a set of low level armor, use it for a level cap event, and then sell it right back. Letting you store sets of armor will likely expand the market for armor since less armor will be "borrowed" and "returned" from the AH.

I also agree that ENMs were one of the best ideas square made for this game. I just sort of wish they would double the xp you receive to make it competitive with what you would get in an actual xp pt in the same time period. But, the drops from it do make them worthwhile usually even if you would not get any xp at all.

GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Just give us more mog house space already. Assholes.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Most likely the sets you will be able to trade in are sets that are not crafted (due to the problems of programming all the combinations of HQ/NQ). Therefore, most likely the sets of armor that will be tradeable are RSE and CP armor sets. If they do allow crafted sets to be stored, they will probably have to be either all NQ or all HQ.