Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elemental Staves     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Elemental Staves

On monsters with very high resistance like, kirin, joumangand, vrtra, tiamat ect ect. Is it better to wear the ice staff for the +10 elemental skill, or to wear the fire staff (or w/e spell your casting)

Did i stump you?

yes yes you did, my blm is lvl20 -.-

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

D:

answer this D: i wanna know also

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Actually if you want any blm information you should msg Veritas, although he is retired he knows a hell of a lot about BLM as a job. Btw are you talking the HQ versions or not? because that makes a big difference.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I vote Aquilo's staff in that example. It seem to get less resists on Ice spells than anything else, and I can the other HQ's.

RDM's nuking on Aura Statues is probably comparable to BLM nuking on dragons, you'd probably want the +skill for the dragons.

SE left that one a mystery.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Youre better off using whatever staff you have of the corisponding element. However in Dynamis or something if I'm getting too many resists I do ice spells, but on some HNMs you really cant pick which element you want to nuke (due to resistances etc).

Not HQ at this moment, but there is sort of a dillemia, I can use the Ice staff for kirin, but im only going to cast aero spells (-10% because of counter elements). And im really asking about joumangand (seeing i fight him every week), where ice staff has the nice element skill, but no way in hell im going to cast a ice spell. But if the fire staff+1 will give me less resist, ill make that my first HQ staff to get.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I can't say that it will get you less resists but it will add another 5% to your spells over the NQ staff regardless. I know the matching staff decreases resists some, it's just hard to figure out how much compared to +10 skill.

editedlolz

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    How did you get 75 BLM with no HQ staffs?
    Lack of money, price gouging, never really felt the need, limited supply. But I am working on them now, ever so slowly.

I like the Elemental Staves. I find them significantly more useful than the +INT/MND wands too. Being Elvaan RDM I obviously have a lack for INT naturally, and Wind Staff makes Gravity NOT suck -.^ I have been able to debuff WSNMs before simply due to the sheer fact of using these (coincidence, yes, but I'm going to assume these just rule) and being lv63 I like those odds Given that RDM's Elemental skill is, for lack of a better term, shit, it helps with resist rates for MB's too ;o

Of course I'm speaking on general basis, I do believe that debuffing Gods/HNMs is entirely based on luck ;o

Just use the staff respective to the spell casted cause if you use the opposing elemental staff (say ice/aquilo's while using aero or thunder/jupiter's while casting stone) it'll have detrimental effects to the spell's dmg and resistance

no, the elemental skill+10 isn't worth it

those questions were probably answered, but I'm too lazy to read the entire thread and wanna look smart 8)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Because of people like you, because your name ryhmes with banana

I dident buy gil. 8 HQ staffs = 12mill my server. And if you can make 12mill @ lvl 51, your a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMetal
    I dident buy gil. 8 HQ staffs = 12mill my server. And if you can make 12mill @ lvl 51, your a beast.
    It's really not THAT hard to make that much money honestly >.> Sometimes people have a horseshoe up their ass and they get lucky on NM pulls and drops (legally) so they can make a good profit early on. Just relatively recently I was walking through Shakhrami heading towards the Bubu zone and I found the damn Leech King at the zoneline XD Killed him and got the drop O.o 1.2mil :D

See, sometimes luck has a big important part into it >.>

Edit: Almost forgot: BCNM30 and 40 - these can be very, very profitable. So yes, getting that money at 51 isn't truly that difficult in this perspective.