Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Enfeebling Earring ; ; Fair or Not Fair?

Hi everyone,

well Enfeebling Earring started at 2.5mil and after each earring is getting sold price is going higher .im hearing from people on our server(Bahamut) it will reach 6mil. i dont think that 6mil is a reasonable price for that earring although we all know a rdm needs all the enf. magic.
    now the question is...

-Does that Earring deserve more than 2.5-3mil or not?

would apprieciate you replies. thanks

Abood.

doing the promyvion ENMs every 5 days, provided you arent too busy with other stuff in game, is probably a viable way to get it, but i've heard it's really rare. you do get other stuff though, and the exp is a damn nice bonus.

if it were me and i were an RDM, i'd buy it for 3mil if i had 7-8mil or more

That's Berts way of saying it isn't worth 3mil, considering you lose nothing by trying i'd suggest you do some ENMs too.

no its not worth that much IMO, i think its a ripoff. 1 mill for each enfeebling point?? what a scam, by that same measure enfeebling torques should be 7 mil, thanatos baselard should be 4 mil and the elite berrets should be 5 mil, now thats just crazy.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Yeah, like seriously, and what's up with errant cape being 20 million gil. I mean who would pay 4 million per -enmity point, by that token penitent's rope should be 12 million gil, and WHM AF1 hands would cost 16 million gil. I mean come on, I could RMT myself a noble's or a dalmatica abjuration for that kind of money. What is this world coming to these days?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore
    no its not worth that much IMO, i think its a ripoff. 1 mill for each enfeebling point?? what a scam, by that same measure enfeebling torques should be 7 mil, thanatos baselard should be 4 mil and the elite berrets should be 5 mil, now thats just crazy.
    that's the most illogical way to look at value in this game.

value in this game is determined by
    1) what else is better that you can get in that slot
    2) how easy it is to get that particular item

if everyone looks at value the way you do, STR will be based on the value of a Spike Necklace.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

it costs alot because it is rare, not because of the stats, errant cape costs so much because it requires:
    1. a lvl 100 clothcrafter to make it.
    2. it is a rare drop off of a HNM
    3. no other back piece can even compare to it in regards to it

its a new enm, not many people want to be hasseled to go all the way up through the promys to get to the bc. so the people who do will charge top price for it. i would do the same thing

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

>its a new enm, not many people want to be hasseled to go all the way up through the promys to get to the bc. so the people who do will charge top price for it. i would do the same thing

I would, and have for an elemental earring.

The reason this is expensive cause I've yet to get any earrings after doing these ENMs multiple times. The drop rates on these things suck ass.

This is kinda off topic, but I'm wondering a bit about the Elemental Earring ... I'm currently wearing Moldavite and Abyssal Earrings, and I dont know if its worth getting an Elemental or not. Has anyone tried it out and noticed any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Desi
    it costs alot because it is rare, not because of the stats, errant cape costs so much because it requires:
    1. a lvl 100 clothcrafter to make it.
    2. it is a rare drop off of a HNM
    3. no other back piece can even compare to it in regards to it

its a new enm, not many people want to be hasseled to go all the way up through the promys to get to the bc. so the people who do will charge top price for it. i would do the same thing
    #1 is slightly incorrect.

You DO need a Clothcrafter to make it, however, they do *not* have to be 100 (though that'd be the safest, DUH! XD)

Actually Errant/Mahatma Capes are one of the few pieces that allow a Clothcrafter to achieve skill level 100 ;o

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

errant cape dalmatica and the new whm jse body are the only 3 crafts that allow you to get to 100 cloth

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

skilling up on a 20million gil piece of equipment is scary.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Underverk
    This is kinda off topic, but I'm wondering a bit about the Elemental Earring ... I'm currently wearing Moldavite and Abyssal Earrings, and I dont know if its worth getting an Elemental or not. Has anyone tried it out and noticed any difference?
    Think of the difference between wearing the earring and not wearing it like the difference between wearing elite beret and not wearing elite beret.

By the way, whoever the first person was who actually responded seriously about errant cape price missed the sarcasm of the post.