Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

HNMLS' On the Bahamut Server....

First off I'd like to say congratulations on your Tiamat kill, I saw the video and enjoyed every minute of it ^^;

As you can see from my sig, I am Enjou from the Carbuncle server.... Seeing how I've seen your screenshots etc, I've come to wonder.... How is RMT/monopolizing HNMs on your server? I'm not sure if this is appropriate to put public so if an admin feels this is questionable by all means erase ;p, I only ask that if it is erased I can get a PM w/a response, please ^^;

On the Carbuncle server there are a handful of JP HNMLS and currently only strong NA HNMLS (Foodmonsters). There was another but problems are amidst and atm there is only us, I guess we are lucky... idk. For the past few years... We've seen this linkshell always claim pulls of HNM and King HNMs, we've have reason to believe that they are a RMT LS and are always on the clock no matter what time in JP they are always present especially when there is a possible King HNM pop, now I know your LS is JP/NA and I applaud your LS for closing the barrier and having JP and NA coincide and work well together. If they aren't RMT then its just flat out monopolizing.... But I'm curious to whether there is monopolizing on other servers as well? If I remember correctly, there has never been a King Behemoth pull from a NA HNMLS, maybe one Aspidochelone, and one Nidhogg pull. Thanks for hearing me out ^^;

[Cannot attack.
    Your target is already claimed] <- The story of our camps.

Not sure completely what you want to know, but I have a little idea.

No, none of the HNM-LS RMT (to an extent it's a full RMT HNMLS), but i'm sure there are HNM LS that have members who RMT (secretly or otherwise).

Black Belt
    BG Level

there's no monopoly, there are 3-4 JP LS that are around the clock and they out pull each other all the time. of course all of them tend to out pull NAs 95% of the time.

we have our theories and suspicions on who buys gil but there's never been the idea that any LS is employed to camp HNMs to sell gil. every HNM LS that we deal with have too much pride in their characters and their accomplishments to be mass gil-sellers.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Both of your replies pretty much answered my question, please forgive me if it was a bit blurry, it was early morning for me and I had just gotten out of Calculus which I had been in for 3 hours.

Anyways back to it.... Nice to see you guys can get pulls, though rare a pull is a pull none the less.... Thanks for the responses, more answers are welcome and I will keep checking the thread ^^ thank you.

Gilgamesh monopoly

Well, on Gilgamesh there are 3-4 top HNM ls. 2 JP LS, and 1 NA that regularly camps HNM.
    Its funny though because both JP ls outpull us 99.9% of the time, rofl. The only time we actually get these HNM is if 1) they aren't camping (which is exactly how we got Nidhogg, who popped 2nd day when they were expecting Aspidochelone), 2) they die, 3) On server maintanence days. Oh we actually claimed Behemoth once, but it was by our JP member (we have 2) so that's our 0.1% claim. But really it's funny seeing this one JP ls, all with multiple sets of Cursed items, the only people with Koenig Body (i'm a pld, i dream of this armor), the only people with Dalmatica (my wife's dream), and they even outclaim the other JP ls 75% of the time. Recently however, they've had problems so the other JP ls is on the rise, still though, both have 100% claim over us, its really sad when mobs pop running to certain people 100% of the time.
    So, the Gilgamesh record for HNM, 2 NA ls has killed Fafnir, (us like 20 times, the other only once), 1 Behemoth (us), 3 killed Adamantoise, 0 have even touched Aspidochelone, 0 have even touched King Behemoth, and 1 has killed Nidhogg (us, and horrid drop btw, only N.legs, and a crystal, lol). So yeah, i think Gilgamesh is the worst, although our ls has 3 Hrotti, and 2 Ridill, so i guess that's a small accomplishment.

I heard that remora has one ls called "HP" or something like that and they literally get every pull. As in, nobody has touched anything notable that isn't in that LS.

Kinda the same with that here on Lakshmi...There is a JP lS called DivineWind that will out any NA LS on King Behemoth,They used to camp him on a daily basis..They are very nice ppl actually.Anyhow They haven't been camping it latley like they used to,and 2-3 NA LS's will be camping him,But Once a JP LS shows up...99.9% they get claim.That 0.1 second lag makes a differance,They have it claimed just as you targeted it.

KB is probabaly hardest god/hnm to claim >.> my opinion, because there is no other mobs in the way;;so just spam spam spam

Sea Torques
    BG Level

chokomaru...

people really dont spam to get that claim, they just know the pop time by the second which makes it easier...so spam at last 10 seconds and u get the pull...voila...with jp connection of course

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by royze
    people really dont spam to get that claim, they just know the pop time by the second which makes it easier...so spam at last 10 seconds and u get the pull...voila...with jp connection of course
    i think that's his point, even if you know Fafnir/Aspid down to the 10 seconds there are still mobs in the way.

I know kb is down to the second ^^ , but I am saying NA have better chance at fafnir, aspid etc because mobs in the way. Giving better chance of mistakes for LS's because you have to mostly tab voke. Unless there is not alot of mobs.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ChOkOmArU
    I know kb is down to the second ^^ , but I am saying NA have better chance at fafnir, aspid etc because mobs in the way. Giving better chance of mistakes for LS's because you have to mostly tab voke. Unless there is not alot of mobs.

If that was only true

it is actually remarkably easy to make those mobs around fafnir and adamantoise disapear
    i wont say how its done because i dont support ppl who do but its a common thing for hnmls on many servers... then again it always comes down to whos spam/connection speed is the quickest.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by gawru
    then again it always comes down to whos spam/connection speed is the quickest.
    Yup that's how HNM's are won