Well. Blazer: full AF2, crimson body.....lands enfeebles on everything

Joft: pimp.....dalmatica

nuff said

Black Belt
    BG Level

DRK sub hmm...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

ahh yea, joft has drk sub......BLAZER DOESN'T!!!! (he's working on it though....qufim is hell)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Amarao
    Well. Blazer: full AF2, crimson body.....lands enfeebles on everything

Joft: pimp.....dalmatica

nuff said
    It's funny, when I want to get crimson body, I am a moron and should sizzle in the pits of hell for even suggesting it. When Blazer got one, it was the most awesome piece of equipment in the game. But that's ok, I know that I am BG's red-headed Red Mage step-child...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

i never said anything about crimson body being good, ever

it's one of the most useless peices of equipment in the game. i laugh when i see jp red mages using it while trying to land gravity on king behemoth (and then half their alliance dies)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by joft

it's one of the most useless peices of equipment in the game. i laugh when i see jp red mages using it while trying to land gravity on king behemoth (and then half their alliance dies)
    And that is why the /equip command is a RDM's best friend.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

If you're not going to use it for anything besides unequiping it, what's the point?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok

If you're not going to use it for anything besides unequiping it, what's the point?
    Because it is an excellent piece of armor defense-wise. You know, for things like being in the bomb party and you are going to take a few hits. Also +10 MND and +10 INT are not exactly useless stats.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Because it is an excellent piece of armor defense-wise. You know, for things like being in the bomb party and you are going to take a few hits. Also +10 MND and +10 INT are not exactly useless stats.
    The extra 8 DEF you get compared to your AF1 body is nothing. Not to mention basing your armor choices off DEF is a bad idea anyways for a RDM. Also, if you want that 10 INT and 10 MND you could just use a Errant Houppelande.

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

yes, you could use errant for int and mnd, but when certain Tenzen look alikes need your errant during a Kirin run, the crimson comes in handy. >.> Not to mention I am damn sexy

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkei
    Not to mention I am damn sexy
    Well in your case I think everyone will make an exception. <_<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The extra 8 DEF you get compared to your AF1 body is nothing. Not to mention basing your armor choices off DEF is a bad idea anyways for a RDM. Also, if you want that 10 INT and 10 MND you could just use a Errant Houppelande.
    Where did I say "throw away all of your other armor when you get Crimson Scale mail"? I think I made a point of mentioning "/equip" macros as well. The +15 Enfeebling skill that is on the AF1 Tabbord makes it the single best casting piece of armor a RDM can wear in his/her body slot. But casting enfeebles in Crimson Scale or Errant body is a better idea than casting in a Dalmatica, since it does not have a single casting stat on it. (+10 INT and +10 MND will benefit enfeebling spells, but not as much as the +15 skill boost from AF1 body.)

And what the hell is wrong with a RDM wanting to have defense gear? Our lives don't just revolve around playing in XP parties.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkei
    Not to mention I am damn sexy
    Well in your case I think everyone will make an exception. <_<
    Screw you.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

If you were a Mithra or a Hume Female I would make an exception for you as well. =D

Actually I think Crimson Body is one of the best looking armor pieces in the game on any race.

The Veriest Berriest
    Pretty Pretty Princess

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Normally I would take offense, but seeing how Septimus loves his Galkas I don't , cause it means I don't look like a Galka. >.>

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Where did I say "throw away all of your other armor when you get Crimson Scale mail"? I think I made a point of mentioning "/equip" macros as well. The +15 Enfeebling skill that is on the AF1 Tabbord makes it the single best casting piece of armor a RDM can wear in his/her body slot. But casting enfeebles in Crimson Scale or Errant body is a better idea than casting in a Dalmatica, since it does not have a single casting stat on it. (+10 INT and +10 MND will benefit enfeebling spells, but not as much as the +15 skill boost from AF1 body.)

And what the hell is wrong with a RDM wanting to have defense gear? Our lives don't just revolve around playing in XP parties.
    You said it yourself, why would you ever use anything but AF1 body for enfeebling? If thats the case, I fail to see any use coming from Crimson Body that you couldn't get out of Errant. The HP and MP aren't worth anything if you're going to be switching out armor, and the DEF is NOT a reason to get a piece of armor for a mage.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Cause it's pretty