Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Black Belt
    BG Level

the next time you get jacked out of BCNM loot ...

BEIJING (Reuters) - A Shanghai online game player stabbed to death a competitor who sold his cyber-sword, the China Daily said Wednesday, creating a dilemma in China where no law exists for the ownership of virtual weapons.

Qiu Chengwei, 41, stabbed competitor Zhu Caoyuan repeatedly in the chest after he was told Zhu had sold his "dragon saber," used in the popular online game, "Legend of Mir 3," the newspaper said a Shanghai court was told Tuesday.

"Legend of Mir 3" features heroes and villains, sorcerers and warriors, many of whom wield enormous swords.

Qiu and a friend jointly won their weapon last February, and lent it to Zhu who then sold it for 7,200 yuan (US$870), the newspaper said.

Qui went to the police to report the "theft" but was told the weapon was not real property protected by law.

"Zhu promised to hand over the cash but an angry Qui lost patience and attacked Zhu at his home, stabbing him in the left chest with great force and killing him," the court was told.

The newspaper did not specify the charge against Qiu but said he had given himself up to police and already pleaded guilty to "intentional injury."

No verdict has been announced.

More and more online gamers were seeking justice through the courts over stolen weapons and credits, the newspaper said.

"The armor and swords in games should be deemed as private property as players have to spend money and time for them," Wang Zongyu, an associate law professor at Beijing's Renmin University of China, was quoted as saying.

But other experts are calling for caution. "The 'assets' of one player could mean nothing to others as they are by nature just data created by game providers," a lawyer for a Shanghai-based Internet game company was quoted as saying.
    http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm ... ID=8037273

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sweet. I have a few people who owe me BCNM loot from over a year now. I have a feeling I'll be getting it real soon.

Really deep stuff.

Wheres my BC60 Loot! wwww

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....you can't do that Avan....no you can't......it's wrong Avan......

stop talking to me!!!!!! I'll do what I want!!!!

Oh man, that's nothing. In Taiwan they are crazy Lineage players and even gangs play it. If you get cheated over a deal basically you and your family are dead.

$870!!

Damn those Asian People.

you see fights outside netcafes in taiwan almost everyday. what kind of 41 year would do such a thing anyway.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

PK IRL

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Would IRL MPK be tossing a guy at like a chained murderous putbull?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aphesia
    Really deep stuff.

Wheres my BC60 Loot! wwww
    You gotta remind me - -;; sometimes i forgot

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

PK IRL
    Police: We're aware of the problem, and thank you for bringing this killing to our attention. At this time we recommend you blacklist this individual.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    PK IRL
    Police: We're aware of the problem, and thank you for bringing this killing to our attention. At this time we recommend you blacklist this individual.
    LMAO!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lmfao JP

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

omg lol, i love these forums, i would have liked to quote everyone and just put lmfao.. seriously everytime i come here i laugh out loud >.>

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What i wanna know is what would happen if his friend deleted his account entirly

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

*cant stop lauging*

*sigh*
    I wish police where really like that... you could get away with almost anything.