Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Byakko How?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

some galka war (truhls) solo tanked byakko and seiryu in ifrit >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Kayos
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnpogg
    The safest setup is definately 2nin 2brd 1smn and people outside helping wiht paralyna. However we did it with 2 nins (regular haste) and it went well even without brds.

In general, unless you have uberly equipped paladin's, having a 2 nin setup will be safer. Usually you hear about nin's requiring more skill and finess to tank things and that paladin's are safer. I think it's the other way around, especially for something like byakko. Much more skill involved in keeping paladins alive here.

I couldnt disagree more. My LS has been killing Byakko for a little while now, prolly 25 or so times total. We have used 2x pld almost everytime and have only lost 1 pld on 1 occasion out of all those 25 battles. Thats 49/50 success rate. We did use nin on some occasion but at least 1 nin dies EVERYTIME we do it with nin (even with nin x2 brd x2 whm/smn and rdm or another whm/smn). Byakko is the easiest of all the Gods I think with the correct strategy and 2 competent tanks. But by no way is nin "better" for byakko.
    I don't know who your plds are but our plds die to byakko very fast, I think I still have a video of a pld dying in literally 10 seconds, maybe you can go over the equip your plds use because our nins without a brd can tank better than our plds on byakko with every kind of support. Losing 1 pld out of 25 fights is an incredibly good record. At the same time, losing 1 nin everytime you go in is also not a pretty record. Perhaps this is just a simple matter of different linkshells getting good practice with 2 different strategies, so I stand corrected. I just know we are undefeated to byakko with 2nins, and of course you are undefeated to byakko with 2 plds ^^

As for byakko being the easiest of the 4 gods, I think that's exaggerating, maybe genbu doesn't count as a god.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The safest setup is definately 2nin 2brd 1smn and people outside helping wiht paralyna. However we did it with 2 nins (regular haste) and it went well even without brds.

In general, unless you have uberly equipped paladin's, having a 2 nin setup will be safer. Usually you hear about nin's requiring more skill and finess to tank things and that paladin's are safer. I think it's the other way around, especially for something like byakko. Much more skill involved in keeping paladins alive here.

I couldnt disagree more. My LS has been killing Byakko for a little while now, prolly 25 or so times total. We have used 2x pld almost everytime and have only lost 1 pld on 1 occasion out of all those 25 battles. Thats 49/50 success rate. We did use nin on some occasion but at least 1 nin dies EVERYTIME we do it with nin (even with nin x2 brd x2 whm/smn and rdm or another whm/smn). Byakko is the easiest of all the Gods I think with the correct strategy and 2 competent tanks. But by no way is nin "better" for byakko.
    I don't know who your plds are but our plds die to byakko very fast, I think I still have a video of a pld dying in literally 10 seconds, maybe you can go over the equip your plds use because our nins without a brd can tank better than our plds on byakko with every kind of support. Losing 1 pld out of 25 fights is an incredibly good record. At the same time, losing 1 nin everytime you go in is also not a pretty record. Perhaps this is just a simple matter of different linkshells getting good practice with 2 different strategies, so I stand corrected. I just know we are undefeated to byakko with 2nins, and of course you are undefeated to byakko with 2 plds ^^

As for byakko being the easiest of the 4 gods, I think that's exaggerating, maybe genbu doesn't count as a god.

Well im one of the plds. My equip is : Keonig head, Af body, Keonig hands,Keonig shield, Adaman legs, crimson feet, BQ ring, Bloodbead ring, Cassie earring, Bloodbead earring, Rosenbogen. I have maxed hp of about 1700 as an elvaan. If I want more hp I have also tanked using turtle soup and had over 1900 hp. However I found I got hit pretty hard using soup so I mainly use Tavnazia Tacos.

Of course our plds are spammed w/ aerial armor, a great and consistent stun order, and cured by outside mages. I mean im not saying nin are bad, just for our setup pld is very very safe. For your setup Im sure nin works equally as well for you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well im one of the plds. My equip is : Keonig head, Af body, Keonig hands,Keonig shield, Adaman legs, crimson feet, BQ ring, Bloodbead ring, Cassie earring, Bloodbead earring, Rosenbogen. I have maxed hp of about 1700 as an elvaan. If I want more hp I have also tanked using turtle soup and had over 1900 hp. However I found I got hit pretty hard using soup so I mainly use Tavnazia Tacos.

Of course our plds are spammed w/ aerial armor, a great and consistent stun order, and cured by outside mages. I mean im not saying nin are bad, just for our setup pld is very very safe. For your setup Im sure nin works equally as well for you.
    Speaking of foods, have you tried out Pescatora yet?

• HP +15% (Cap: 150@1000 Base HP)
      Vitality +3
      Mind -1
      Defense +22% (Cap: 65@295 Base Defense)
      Store TP +5

It has a lower Defense cap than Tavnazian Tacos, but the +HP is pretty unreal.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Of course our plds are spammed w/ aerial armor, a great and consistent stun order, and cured by outside mages.
    "outside mages"... you cheat

we're all outside! it's a garden!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

Speaking of foods, have you tried out Pescatora yet?

• HP +15% (Cap: 150@1000 Base HP)
      Vitality +3
      Mind -1
      Defense +22% (Cap: 65@295 Base Defense)
      Store TP +5

It has a lower Defense cap than Tavnazian Tacos, but the +HP is pretty unreal.

:O

Quote Originally Posted by untouchable
    some galka war (truhls) solo tanked byakko and seiryu in ifrit >.>
    There are two WARs in my LS, myself (Hume) and a Galka. We duo tank most stuff together which works really well, but both of us have solo tanked Byakko. Any of the 3 tanks works fine for Byakko, I'd say key for PLDs is Aerial rotation, key for WARs is double March, key for NINs is double Mambo. Each of the game's three tanks require different kinds of support and most LSes just build around 1 or 2 of the tanks and then figure the ones they aren't built for don't work. And that's right, they won't - not without the right support. With the right support any tank can tank anything.

But anyways the easiest Byakko kills I've seen have been a WAR/NIN or NIN/WAR getting Haste, double March, and Earthen Ward.

Edit - yeah on food, I just found out about Turtle Soup recently, the +HP sounds great. I don't usually tank with DEF or HP food anyways though - Sushi go!! XD