Thread: Trump Crown~     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Trump Crown~

I came across this while browsing for head gear for BST:
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/images/it...rump-Crown.jpg
    Dropped in Balga Deis BCNM, 30 Kindred Seals, Same orb as Scorpion BCNM (Lachesis). http://mysterytour.web.infoseek.co.jp/f ... chesisOrb3

It seems no solid information can be found on any sites I've been to, from what I've read the MP & HP amount increases with your level, not sure by how much, but by Lv.75 it'd be a significant increase.

To have something like this at Lv.20 (DEF:10 ) as BST would be more usefull than a Noble's ribbon, also I can see a BRD utilizing it as well, all the way to Opo-Crown.

So my question is, are Cardians sleepable? People told me they are not, but by doing Windy missions, I've dealt with Cardians on many occasions, and they were slept just fine. Also it seems like they don't have any 2 hour ability.

Any ideas? What would be the best way to go about this BCNM?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

enchantment: "your fired"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoru
    enchantment: "your fired"
    Actually, "you're fired" is the additional effect.

The enchantment is "bad comb-over".

cardigans are very sleepable.
    for 6-1 we had the whm slept for about 30 minutes, because some slow poke was late. but are these cardigans sleepable, they probably have a much higher resist than the 6-1 cardigans.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cardians are Arcana if I'm not mistaken, and like Weapons, they are in majority mage types, am I correct?

If that's the case, a NIN tank be best.

Only reason I have doubts about this, it being BCNM, and some things, especially for uncapped BCNM are different. That 4 Giant Bird BCNM, is different for example from Scorps because if you kill one, the others get stronger. I just hope the same principal doesn't apply here.

Has anyone ever fought a King or Queen type Cardian? What jobs are they? And where can I find them in Horutoro Ruins.

Black Belt
    BG Level

the farther you get in Windurst missions the more Cardians you fight.

i think the Queens were PLD and RDM.

It seems this BC is in Balgas' Dias the BCNM entrance in the back of Giddeus. I think you pick which of the 4 Cardian Kings you want to fight then the remaining 3 disappear and 2 Queen Cardians appear (similar to the magic pot bcnm in Qu'Bia Arena). If I remember rightly, Swords are pld type, Coins are rdm type, Batons are blm type, and Cups are whm type. As to whether they get stronger as you kill each one I couldn't tell you. From what has been posted about drops other than that Crown nothing of great value seems to drop from this bc.

If you look at MT's signs in the mob's information, you'll see that those cards can't be slept.

Highly resistant to Silence, but they can be Gravity'd.

A solution to this might be two RDM/NIN or RDM/DRK to get the two Queen pops and run them around until the King is killed.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Has anyone ever fought a King or Queen type Cardian? What jobs are they?
    Cardian jobs are based on their suit, not number.

Batons - Blm
    Coins - Rdm
    Cups - Whm
    Swords - Pld

Ninja tanks are ok against cardians, but beware of poisonga/diaga/nasty nukega. I forget their TP moves, but I did take a few of them as a rng/nin while doing windy missions, and never took any serious damage from them.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've read up MTs discription, and it seems Queen of Cups(RDM) and Coins(WHM) will pop as a back up to any of the Kings you choose.

The PT set up I had in mind would consist of: NIN/RDM(WHM sub)/RDM(NIN sub)/RNG/DRK/RNG. I've had idea of having NIN with RDM/WHM support hold King while RDM/NIN kites one Queen while RNG/DRK/RNG kill the Queen of Coins, the WHM. Than get rid of RDM Queen amd continue with the King.

This strategy would apply only if all of them use 2 hours. It's not an ideal strategy, but something that could work. MT shows them as unsleepable which sucks.

Any ideas or suggestions for better strategy? Thanks in adnvance.